Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top 10 CLOD Videos Most Viewed....

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Re: Top 10 CLOD Videos Most Viewed....

Dear BOBC...

My first thoughts are...If your buddy needs a video that specific to be encouraged to fly CLOD then its a tall order...He has youtube, right?...He's going to see vids, if he searches CLOD, with different lighting, resolution, skins etc...He needs to search for himself to find what he wants if he wants it...Put it this way...If you do find a vid that satisfies all those criteria and he likes it the moment its finished he's going to be looking for the next video and so on so at some point he's going to be finding vids that are more diverse anyway...I'd send him the link to a couple vids including one that is in real time sat in the cockpit and let him do the rest of the work...

Good look in your search...but my guess is if he's that fussy then he won't be entertained for too long...

The vids you got in the top 10 are some of the best CLOD vids you will find if not the best...I like those vids...but I much prefer sitting in the cockpit in real time with no editing, not having to listen to somebody else's record collection and comms so you can hear the banter and the action called out as it happens...That is what would hook me...
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi,
    I have sent him three from Barfly , including https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBsFkAP48iI as Barfly has a good feel overall and mention the USAAF flying gear is not as CoD supplies, and the Beginning of the end, and stressed the dark colours are not standard, but it gives a good cross section of what CoD delivers substance wise, and I have told him to then surf for more, but he is into the genuine kit as I am, so unlike those after just a gaming experience, he notices such inaccuracies. He knows what a BoB aircraft should look like, so will want to experience that in a BoB sim. I like seeing the BoB recreated, and will be doing my best to assist with removing the errors.

I hope the sim gets to the level of that link, same IL2 team I presume, just have developed Sturmovick ahead of CoD.

Cheers

BOBC
    Last edited by BOBC; Jul-30-2017 at 20:00.

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by BOBC View Post
    Hi,
    I have sent him three from Barfly , including https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBsFkAP48iI as Barfly has a good feel overall and mention the USAAF flying gear is not as CoD supplies, and the Beginning of the end, and stressed the dark colours are not standard, but it gives a good cross section of what CoD delivers substance wise, and I have told him to then surf for more, but he is into the genuine kit as I am, so unlike those after just a gaming experience, he notices such inaccuracies. He knows what a BoB aircraft should look like, so will want to experience that in a BoB sim. I like seeing the BoB recreated, and will be doing my best to assist with removing the errors.

I hope the sim gets to the level of that link, same IL2 team I presume, just have developed Sturmovick ahead of CoD.

Cheers

BOBC
    Just an FYI, the link you posted above looks like it is from the vanilla Cliffs of Dover. Your link from a previous post is Battle of Stalingrad, which is a completely different game and game engine.

4. Likes ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    I like those vids...but I much prefer sitting in the cockpit in real time with no editing, not having to listen to somebody else's record collection and comms so you can hear the banter and the action called out as it happens...That is what would hook me...
    Invictus does some nice livestreams of the ATAG server on Twitch as well - on days I haven't been able to fly for various reasons I just sit there and watch air combat, live...

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

6. Likes ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Quote Originally Posted by BOBC View Post

I see this video below and as its also IL2 I wonder can CoD catch this up, someone has been tweaking IL2 or was it always ahead of CoD ? Note the extra clarity, the gunner even holds the gun, we even have an MG15 gunsight, He111 bouncing along,.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WmyR6Mjj98

Hello, I'd not seen that Zetexy channel movie - thanks for the link. Interesting channel description:

Machinima movies. This channel Is intended to adequate people. Anyone who goes beyond decorum would be banned forever.
    I was a bit disappointed at 58-59 seconds, you can clearly see some grass is sticking right through the flappy things on the back of the bomber when they are moving up and down, while a real life flappy thing would probably just push the grass out of its way. I wonder if any simulation is ever going to get the battle of britain correct?

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

8. Likes BOO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

I agree Bonditaria, it's tragic.
    Can you imagine: you open the cockpit of a 109 after landing and you still do not smell Bratwurst!

No idea why it takes so long to implement the really important things.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Your link from a previous post is Battle of Stalingrad, which is a completely different game and game engine.
    Yes, aware its IL2 Sturmovick, as I say, can CoD catch up, different engine I hear, so maybe unless IL2 team deliver a new engine, in a crate on back of an Opel Blitz , guess we wont see CoD catch up in the detail and finesse I see here, but as they made CoD, might they get interested and help out ? lighting also is something we can aspire to in it, Luft skins look better. I am not a fan of the frost., and glossy RAF a/c.

I like the way the front gunner climbs around. clothing creases and all round finer artwork. Looking at my Ju88A bomb aimer / gunner his face needs a dermitologist !

I luv Barfly's movie aspect, chosen for that at price of earlier CoD . Just a shame about the USAAF headgear etc.

BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

**Updated Top 10**

See Opening Post!

Thanks to Bondi for finding this little peach of a video...Goes straight in at number 10...Well worth a looksee as it is so different from the other vids in only being guncam with historical effects...Very realistic

Again...I have added this and not removed any because I don't like removing vids that have done so well in the past...so now we have 12 in the top 10...hehe

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Thanks to Bondi for finding this little peach of a video...Goes straight in at number 10
    Many thanks all for this, Superb BoB movie, has everything, could be straight out of BoB Mus Hendon or Hawkinge archives, well done...CoD can capture feel of BoB, here is proof.

BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I think we need an update ATAG_Lewis...

91.951 views:

Per Aspera ad Astra

14. Likes Vlerkies, Cassius, ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.84 MB

Some great stuff. I would be interested in the top 10 for the last year. Thanks for all the effort that goes into making CLOD interesting and work.
    Damon

16. Likes JG4_Lebano liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Nice to see that I still have one movie in the top 10 and two in the top 12...

It is just sad that they are far from my best movies! - Later on I made much more accomplished stuff....

https://www.youtube.com/user/wwwDOTdalsgaardDOTeu/

My personal favourite and the one I put by far the most work into is this one:

- But its 74,000 views keep it out of the top 10...

18. Likes ATAG_Lewis, DRock, SIA_Sp00k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

How do you guys get so many views!

One day I will get on this list - but so far my best is at a measly 1200. Maybe if everyone who watched it watched it again 100 times I'd get on the list.

CloD videos are so much fun to make, but a ton of work too.

20. Likes ATAG_Snapper, DRock liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi Flare,

I just watched Boomer Blitz, great movie with superb production value, it definitely deserves more views! I loved how you synched the editing with the music in the first part of the movie. In the later part you did it less.

A suggestion if you don't mind. Try to capture some of the footage while wearing your TrackIR (if you have one). That way you can tilt the horizon which makes for much more dynamic footage than an ever-flat horizon. It will also give you a twisted neck but that is of course a small price to pay for good footage

This is an issue for 90 percent of ClOD movies by the way. Always that boring flat horizon.

As for views, you should perhaps tell about making a new movie in various forums. I did that back in the day.

Cheers,
    Freycinet

22. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Flare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Flare View Post
    How do you guys get so many views!
    kittens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Oersted View Post
    Hi Flare,

I just watched Boomer Blitz, great movie with superb production value, it definitely deserves more views! I loved how you synched the editing with the music in the first part of the movie. In the later part you did it less.
    +1

I subscribed a while back to your channel. I'm a fan of your work, Bud.

25. Likes ATAG_Flare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

**Updated Top 10**

See Opening Post!

Thanks to JG4_Lebano for making this video and successfully making the top views list...Goes straight in at number 12

Great Work Lebano...Really beautiful video...~S~

Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Oct-30-2017 at 20:41.

27. Likes JG4_Lebano liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Oersted View Post
    Hi Flare,

A suggestion if you don't mind. Try to capture some of the footage while wearing your TrackIR (if you have one). That way you can tilt the horizon which makes for much more dynamic footage than an ever-flat horizon. It will also give you a twisted neck but that is of course a small price to pay for good footage

This is an issue for 90 percent of ClOD movies by the way. Always that boring flat horizon.

As for views, you should perhaps tell about making a new movie in various forums. I did that back in the day.

Cheers,
    Freycinet
    Thanks! Glad you like the movie.

About the horizon line, track IR, I have used the trackIR while filming sometimes, but I don't like how the F2 camera in CloD behaves when you use TrackIR. Moving the TrackIR rotates around the plane (with forwards being the direction your plane was pointing when you spawned in) rather than rotating the camera (which there is no way to do, like you can in DCS.) When you rotate around the plane it looks rather silly and unrealistic in my opinion, so I keep my trackIR off when filming. The flat horizon I don't really think is a problem, for some shots I guess it could be a good effect but it's a stylistic choice, not really an issue.

One of your videos was how I first saw CloD by the way - all those years ago before TF existed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

**Updated Top 10**

See Opening Post!

Thanks to JG4_Lebano for making this video and successfully making the top views list...Goes straight in at number 12

Great Work Lebano...Really beautiful video...~S~
    Thank you very much ATAG_Lewis!

Per Aspera ad Astra

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Flare View Post
    Thanks! Glad you like the movie.

About the horizon line, track IR, I have used the trackIR while filming sometimes, but I don't like how the F2 camera in CloD behaves when you use TrackIR. Moving the TrackIR rotates around the plane (with forwards being the direction your plane was pointing when you spawned in) rather than rotating the camera (which there is no way to do, like you can in DCS.) When you rotate around the plane it looks rather silly and unrealistic in my opinion, so I keep my trackIR off when filming. The flat horizon I don't really think is a problem, for some shots I guess it could be a good effect but it's a stylistic choice, not really an issue.

One of your videos was how I first saw CloD by the way - all those years ago before TF existed!
    I agree that moving the camera with TIR is a pain... I would really love for Team Fusion to implement some camera Z-axis rotation of the camera view, so horizons can be tilted.

Glad to hear I got such a prolific and active member as you interested in CoD! - That was absolutely the idea with my movies back in the early, difficult days of the sim.

31. Likes ATAG_Flare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

My "Guncam III" video actually overtook video "Pulse" on rank 11 with more than 120.000 views (Today: 120.866 views)...

Per Aspera ad Astra

33. Likes danperin, ATAG_Lewis, IIJG27Rich liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

**Updated Top 10**

See Opening Post!

JG4_Lebano's video moves up into 11th place...On the up and up...

Good job Lebano...great video...Thanks Bud...~S~

...Lew...

35. Likes JG4_Lebano liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

Found one by Tinus le Roux that sneaks in at 3rd Place with 1,280,412 views:

Even with the older graphics it still looks great, it would be cool to see some of these with the newer Blitz graphics.

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

WTG Lebano

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Top 10 CLOD Videos Most Viewed....

OK...The title kinda speaks for itself here...So here's the deal...Seeing as the videos are such a good advert for CLOD it would be nice to know which ones are doing all the work...I'll update this post when someone finds one that gets in....If you find a video and you post a link here with its views amount, then if it has enough views it gets in...Hopefully we'll be able to find the Top 10..I don't think its as easy as it sounds....

**Important** - Amount of views will change over time and when ever I am requested to update them here I will update them to include all the current view totals on that date.

**LAST UPDATED** - 5th April 2018

1) 2,564,802 views - Uploaded on 19 May 2011

2) 1,820,791 views - Uploaded on 16 Aug 2011

3) 1,108,536 views - Uploaded on 6 Jun 2014

4) 636,300 views - Uploaded on 2 Oct 2011

5) 375,003 views - Uploaded on 11 Apr 2011

6) 283,788 views - Uploaded on 25 Oct 2013

7) 267,726 views - Uploaded on 10 Jul 2011

8) 240,848 views - Uploaded on 16 Aug 2014

9) 207,022 views - Uploaded on 20 Feb 2012

10) 185,606 views - Uploaded on 17 May 2011

11) 120,878 views - Uploaded on 18 Oct 2015

12) 104,066 views - Uploaded on 15 Apr 2011

13) 85,545 views - Uploaded on 5 Jun 2011

**Well Done to all those video makers who made this list...Brilliant job!...You are helping to keep the dream alive!...~S~**

Awesome post. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

IL2 Cliffs of Dover - Gun Camera #3 (Color)
    Dowly
    Published on Feb 24, 2012

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123