Thread: Stomped Out of Steam!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Stomped Out of Steam!

About a couple of days ago I found I couldn't log onto Steam any longer. Each attempt after imputing my log-in data was followed by the warning that my internet connections were faulty or unavailable. Every other online game that played without Steam went merrily on without a complain, so I knew it wasnt my internet.

After hours of trying I finally decided to reload Steam and this time my usual account was declared unrecognised, which was odd. So I attempted to create a new account off a second personal email and despite several inputs Steam server repeatedly told me my user name contained items other than alphabets, numerals or an underscore. I triple checked and found nothing other than what I'd always used.

So, Im out of ideas and would welcome any assistance, please, as I'm just dying to fly again.

Thank you all in advance.

Pirabee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Stomped Out of Steam!

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that during one of Steam's outages or DDOS attacks, your account info on the Steam end was corrupted. Contact Steam Support and inform them of your situation, and hopefully they can get things squared away for you.
    71st_AH_RebelSqurl

"Those who cannot relinquish the comfort of their own hate, damn only themselves in the end."

Intel i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40 GHz | 2GB GeForce GTX 760 | 16GB DDR3-1866 DIMM | Win 10 | VKB Gladiator joystick

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Reb, I'm on me way to Steam support. Third turn by the left and two blocks down, right?

Don't mind the poor crack, just trying with humor to ease my pains. Thanks once again.

Pirabee.

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Keller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

It's a long shot, but try deleting your Steam clientregistry.blob file; similar to clearing cache in Cliffs of Dover.

III./ZG76 2N+ZR
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Intel Core i7 4970 @ 3.6 GHz, Win 7 64 bit, 16 GB Ram, GTX 980 4GB GPU

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.23 MB

I really wish team fusion could cut the cord to steam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Gentlemen/ladies,

Just to announce that I'm back on Steam. They sent a verification code for the recovery of my account and after several attempts, I'm back on and ready to roll again online. My only issue is that I had to reinstall and update all the TF patches. However, plenty of tips and settings that I once had have now gone with the wind. I have reinstalled Sweetfix but would love to have the other settings back in place. For instance, I remember taking out the start-off gif that accounted for some stutter but since the reload can no longer trace the whereabouts of that particular gif. Any ideas, please?

Pirabee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.50 MB

C:\where ever you have Steam\SteamApps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\parts\core\GUI
    rename logo to something else.
    Logan AKA Blackwolf
    Head Tater peeler,
    20th Bomber Group

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

A thousand thanks, Logan; and I promise, if I run into you over the Channel while you're flying Red, not to trip my Rheinmetal Borsigs....

Warm regards,
    Pirabee.
    Last edited by Pirabee; May-17-2014 at 14:29.