Thread: WW2 TeamSpeak Plug-In - Use on existing recordings?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

WW2 TeamSpeak Plug-In - Use on existing recordings?

Hello all. I've just downloaded the WW2 TeamSpeak Plug-In and am starting to have a tinker with it. Many of my squad mates are full of praise for it.

I've been experimenting with Sound Forge Audio Studio to try to create a similar sound on existing recordings - but what I'm wondering is whether it is possible to use it to process .wav files recorded by TeamSpeak before the Plug-In was installed, e.g. to alter the sound?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: WW2 TeamSpeak Plug-In - Use on existing recordings?

The plugin modifies the incoming audio so editing a wav is not possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Maybe what we use to have (contemporary) background music in TeamSpeak might help you: We use VLC to play an internet radio stream (e.g. Radio Dismuke) on a separate PC. VLC sends the output to S/PDIF Out. We connect S/PDIF Out with a cable to S/PDIF In (same PC!) and set Teamspeak use that as Microphone. Voilà.

IIRC there's a software solution (instead of a physical cable), but it's payware or needs Windows 7 to be in test mode (unsigned drivers) or something similar which made me prefer the cable variant.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Haven't used Sound Forge in awhile but i'm pretty sure it comes with some effects.

Try slapping on a high pass filter (or resonant filter if it has one) and some sparing distortion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I had similiar problems doing my radio show, and did the following..

i took the backround noise of the ww2 plugin set it to local test and recorded just the noise in Teamspeak..

i then took that backround noise and glued it together so i could put it on another track in the multitrack programm and mix it about 20% of the maximum volume.

then i equalized the recorded audio (the raw voices) so that only mid range signals would get through (you need to adjust the Eq so it machtes the frequency range of old ww2 radio´s [you can get reference on the internet on that]).

to get the frequency distortions (altering frequencies) you can add a "phaser" wich has to be gated to the raw audio signal, altering the sound just a bit and adding false frequencies
    - this is the hardest one to get right

the next step i did is optional;

i added a light reverb to simulate the radio box (made out of wood, so another mid boosting factor)

and again added an equalizer to limit the created Frequencies to match the mid range Radio sound.

If you got questions feel free to ask,

Kran out
    Last edited by Jg4_Kran; May-09-2014 at 04:27.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Artist View Post
    Maybe what we use to have (contemporary) background music in TeamSpeak might help you: We use VLC to play an internet radio stream (e.g. Radio Dismuke) on a separate PC. VLC sends the output to S/PDIF Out. We connect S/PDIF Out with a cable to S/PDIF In (same PC!) and set Teamspeak use that as Microphone. Voilà.
    try http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/index.htm
    in TS set new virtual capture device

set and adjust voice activation (to prevent radio noise while nobody is talking in recorded track )

adjust windows mixer (mute other apps...)

in virtual/another pc start TS with Radio plugin (optionaly turn on Mic_clicks for other clients), start TS capturing

start playback at first pc

you will get exactly what you need

btw for background streaming TS radio there is better solution than spdif loopback, just becouse there may not be spdif in the system
    http://www.kampfrausch.de/ts3/#Download
    it can stream directly to TS via own virtual audio devices, playlist, webradios, sync with winamp, remote controll.