Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Operation Relinquish v1.0

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Re: Operation Relinquish v1.0

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Deacon View Post
    Damn dude, I wish I knew you were coming up this way. I live 40 miles away. PM me next time!
    Damnit Deacon, that would have been great, swap some real war stories over a couple cold ones! Next time.

Couple updates on Relinquish. Changes that will be coming soon is replacing the German 40mm with British bofors due to the aiming issue and the map might change from the fall setting as well to get a new look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Spiritus, could you look at the spawn issue at Caen Carpiquet again? There are still occasions where a spawn won't "take" (it hangs and won't complete) and one winds up creating two, or occasionally three, aircraft. The extra ones despawn after a couple of minutes, but take up spawn points that otherwise would be used by other players.
    71st_AH_RebelSqurl

"Those who cannot relinquish the comfort of their own hate, damn only themselves in the end."

Intel i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40 GHz | 2GB GeForce GTX 760 | 16GB DDR3-1866 DIMM | Win 10 | VKB Gladiator joystick

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by RebelSqurl View Post
    Spiritus, could you look at the spawn issue at Caen Carpiquet again? There are still occasions where a spawn won't "take" (it hangs and won't complete) and one winds up creating two, or occasionally three, aircraft. The extra ones despawn after a couple of minutes, but take up spawn points that otherwise would be used by other players.
    Will do RebelSqurl, something like this will have to wait till December though since I'm sure nobody with the file wants to toy with that type of issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by trademe900 View Post
    Fantastic map and I'm looking forward to it's development as time goes on.

I just spent one and a half hours bombing the railway station. I'm sorry that I couldn't be there for the development and testing phase but I feel this objective needs tweaking or clarifying some. I made repeated flights from Rouen with the Ju88 and level bombed it twice, setting alight the railyard in flames. It was incredibly hard to level bomb with the cloud coverage but I got killed by AA fire when I went low. I then checked the reconnaissance photos and saw the northern area needs bombing so I attacked it with a 110 with 500kg bombs and then made another flight in Ju88 dropping an entire bombload on the northern area. Never destroyed it- time out.

Thanks again,

trademe
    Yes this target is impossible, I was over it low (died both times by flak) and delivered one bomb bay at each target, (6 bomb bays total) I feel this map is not for level bombers at all, because of the low clouds. It is fun hiding in the clouds in a BR 20 and sting here and there tho.
    It is a very well made mission, but for me as a Heinkel bus driver it is suicide, It did lead to a good thing, I start training in the BR 20. I wish for a rework on Caen and a little less clouds. But I do not want to sound ungrateful, because I am not. Just a non native english bloke witch can sound a bit direct when making a request

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by LuseKofte View Post
    Yes this target is impossible, I was over it low (died both times by flak) and delivered one bomb bay at each target, (6 bomb bays total)
    This target is very tough because of flak and fighters' opposition (very close to Caen airfield), but it can be done. We have to take special care that the two fuel storages are completely destroyed, together with the other targets by the rail station.

xvii-Hardegen

This evening I've bombed for about 3 hours the Caen railway yard dropping about 8500 Kg of bombs with the Bf 110 and I haven't get the "Target Destroyed" message.
    Everything was destroyed and razed to the ground (factories,vehicles,trains,tends,etc) but nothing...
    I've also strafed in the meanwhile(both the area of the target and the surrounding AA emplacements) but with no effects on the "Target Destroyed" message.
    I think that there are\is some vehicle\s or object\s that to do not get destroyed between,inside or beside the two factories but I'm not been able to locate which ones...
    In addition I don't think that the vehicle\s or object\s do not destroy every time because in the past days I've get always the target complete message as per normal.(it's an hard target but feasible)
    Seems something like the airfield damage percentage bug...seems to happen only sometimes...
    End of the report.
    Last edited by xvii-Hardegen; Nov-04-2014 at 21:43.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by xvii-Hardegen View Post
    This evening I've bombed for about 3 hours the Caen railway yard dropping about 8500 Kg of bombs with the Bf 110 and I haven't get the "Target Destroyed" message.
    Everything was destroyed and razed to the ground (factories,vehicles,trains,tends,etc) but nothing...
    I've also strafed in the meanwhile(both the area of the target and the surrounding AA emplacements) but with no effects on the "Target Destroyed" message.
    I think that there are\is some vehicle\s or object\s that to do not get destroyed between,inside or beside the two factories but I'm not been able to locate which ones...
    In addition I don't think that the vehicle\s or object\s do not destroy every time because in the past days I've get always the target complete message as per normal.(it's an hard target but feasible)
    Seems something like the airfield damage percentage bug...seems to happen only sometimes...
    End of the report.
    I've looked at this particular target (in FMB and file) before, as it seems to be a common occurrence. Everything looks fine as far as I can see (not that I'm an expert or anything). I would suggest to Spiritus that the % value in the trigger be dropped by 10 or even 15, to see if that helps. Other than that, target saturation might be the best answer, but it sounds like you covered it pretty darn good!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for checking Freya! I've always wondered about it since during testing I was able to roll that target pretty easy. If the people want a change and you are willing Freya, you can alter that % to make things easier and give the updated file to Bliss.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi folks,

i manned the 4cm AA gun at Octeville yesterday. Thought the bugged german guns (crosshair misplaced) were replaced by Bofors, but unfortunately still the german guns
    are placed there.

Could pls someone check it again?
    Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

A big thanks to ATAG_Freya for updating the mission for me and all of you heathens.

"I've re-adjusted yet again on those additions I've mentioned. Now, there is just ONE bofors added to the LW forward airbases (X 3). I also put a single bofors near the dam, replacing a zwillingsockel. And I put a bofors near the Bridge at Rouen. As for the railyard, I moved some of the vehicles closer together, and reduced the trigger % value to 45."

The files have been sent to Bliss so you will see the changes once he swaps the files out. Don't worry, the above doesn't mean that there is only ONE AA position at the airbases, its means that there is an additional bofors now. When I get back for Xmas I might fiddle more with this mission as well as try to get me latest creation out the door.

Have fun.

Thanks Freya!

poindre3_zpse4327a29.jpg

Poindre2_zpsfb785306.jpg

Poindre1_zpsa8366b4c.jpg
    Last edited by ♣_Spiritus_♣; Nov-15-2014 at 12:48.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.50 MB

Sadly I had to remove Relinquish as requested by Spiritus Mortem.

The invisible plane bug is still there. I will look into the map to hopefully find the bug.

John Lydgate: “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_PanTast View Post
    Sadly I had to remove Relinquish as requested by Spiritus Mortem.

The invisible plane bug is still there. I will look into the map to hopefully find the bug.

Please reconsider removing this map from the list. I'm sure that some of us have found deficiencies, but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I've personally never found faults with "Relinquish" that couldn't be explained in some manner.

I'd rather have 80% of an excellent map with historical background, than 100% of a "video game" map that never, ever happened. There's room for both kinds.

I'm unaware of a Relinquish-specific "Invisible Plane" bug. I had one just today when an attacker simply vanished in front of me during "Fall Rot", only to reappear with evil intent 30 seconds later. But that can be explained... it just happens.

Could you explain the bug or point me towards the original complaint?
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    Please reconsider removing this map from the list. I'm sure that some of us have found deficiencies, but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I've personally never found faults with "Relinquish" that couldn't be explained in some manner.

I'd rather have 80% of an excellent map with historical background, than 100% of a "video game" map that never, ever happened. There's room for both kinds.

I'm unaware of a Relinquish-specific "Invisible Plane" bug. I had one just today when an attacker simply vanished in front of me during "Fall Rot", only to reappear with evil intent 30 seconds later. But that can be explained... it just happens.

Could you explain the bug or point me towards the original complaint?
    It's not just an one off event, for whatever reason, many many people are experiencing 'invisible' aircraft in this mission.

It is not a haxx... friendly aircraft also will be invisible as often... I had a wingman fly up to within 50 meters of my left wing and I could not see him. On another mission, my wingmen could see a 109 strafing a field, along with the flak bursts from the guns firing at him... I could see neither. Wasn't just me... the same wingman who was invisible to me, experienced invisible aircraft that others could see. On one occasion, 3 Blenheim pilots were all affected by the bug at the same time.... none of them could see the 109 who was attacking them... although their engines quit or they experienced unseen damage which caused them to crash.

Hopefully we will find an answer to the bug.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.50 MB

Spiritus Mortem gave me the permission to handle (at least to try) the bug. Next weekend we see Relinquish again. I hope all of you will participate in extensive testing.

Fidget: I can recall having the invisible plane bug on other maps too. It would help a lot if we can collect some data on that.

John Lydgate: “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

15. Likes -=7th-DR=-Milo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_PanTast View Post
    Spiritus Mortem gave me the permission to handle (at least to try) the bug. Next weekend we see Relinquish again. I hope all of you will participate in extensive testing.

Fidget: I can recall having the invisible plane bug on other maps too. It would help a lot if we can collect some data on that.

Great! I will keep my head up for this. I wonder if it is related to hardware? With my high end hardware, I rarely see this and when I do, i do not always believe what i saw.

Thanks,Pan.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Mindle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    911.26 MB

Can I have an invisible plane please Pan?

Windows 10 64-bit; Intel Core i5-4670K @ 3.4 GHz Processor; 16.0 GB RAM; NVIDIA GTX970; TM Warthog HOTAS; MFG Crosswinds; Track IR5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

Have these invisible aircraft been linked to any particular piece of scripting applied to missions? If the issue is occuring across different maps that have unrelated code or code that never used to produce this issue, could some of the ATAG server specific code (not related to mission script, but the Tab 7-1 changes or RR stuff, etc.) have any influence? It will probably be a hard bug to find, let alone squish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.50 MB

I have no ideas if any code is causing the bug. I suspect the airdrome points. Relinquish is currently running in an edited version. Pls report bugs to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for your work on it Pan.

21. Likes PanTast liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    143.16 MB

There is an area on Octeville-Le Havre Airfield(on SSW runway tip at the right of the wind sock). Spawned planes in this area sinks or jumps to air and blows out while they try to taxiing.

Same airfield is also a popular place for licentious vulcher parties. Frustrated blue players leaves server and the situation becomes worse for the rest. Blue needs another airfield to defend Octeville and prevent/discourage vulchers (because other airfields too far). My suggestion is deleting Fecamp airfield and putting new one at the north of Montivilliers if it is possible.

23. Likes ATAG_Lolsav liked this post
    Supporting Member FightingSteel1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.50 MB

Yeah I've had some issues on this map as well. I've spawned a couple of times in as a 110 at LeHavre, only to get flipped up in the air once I start rolling. Instant death. Always seems to be when I spawn in around the houses/tree line.

25. Likes ATAG_Lolsav liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Nothing to do with the mission, just bad spawn points coded in game which is being worked on by TF. Take note where all these happen and post the locations, it will help us fix them.

27. Likes PanTast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Here is the spawn point not working at Le Havre airfield ( sorry for the low quality but I was using a laptop ).
    Every time you spawn here soon as you move the aircraft ends in a bump and then the aircraft jumps in the air and then it explodes.
    It is close to the Eastern windsock ( the spawn position is pretty much where there is the burning fire in the foreground )

Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

The last few times I've flown this map I've noticed that the Blue AI bomber missions have a habit of missing/not taking out their target - any chance of a fix?

The targets are:

Dorniers to Crepon Nightfighters - I have seen their bombs go off well to the northeast of Crepon field with not a nightfighter scratched.

He 111s to Theville - Haven't actually seen these guys go 'bombs out' but no tonnage message appears in the time between the raid being called and returning.

Stukas to Caen Railyard - This formation does hit the railyard but doesn't flip the required trigger to destroy the objective.

Can't really compare to the Red bomber raids but the one to Rouen Boos airfield definitely hits its target.

Hope this helps

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Still getting reports that the radar for the red to take out is still not turning.

31. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Spiritus_Mortem View Post
    Still getting reports that the radar for the red to take out is still not turning.
    Noted. Thx SM.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Spiritus_Mortem View Post
    Ive bombed the crap outta that radar at least 50 times just thought I wasn't hitting it correctly as it never triggers

Asus Z390 MB, 32 GB Corsair RAM, 850 W Power Supply, Intel Core i7 9700K GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 G and about a dozen squirrels running on a wheel that I sometimes forget to feed !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

I thought I had that fixed! Having a look...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Knuckles View Post
    Ive bombed the crap outta that radar at least 50 times just thought I wasn't hitting it correctly as it never triggers
    I just tried the same today (7/16) and could not turn the Le Havre radar objective either. Frustrating! I hope you can figure out what's wrong, Freya.
    71st_AH_RebelSqurl

"Those who cannot relinquish the comfort of their own hate, damn only themselves in the end."

Intel i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40 GHz | 2GB GeForce GTX 760 | 16GB DDR3-1866 DIMM | Win 10 | VKB Gladiator joystick

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Added .parts tobruk, so this will be in the rotation now with all new non-trop versions available for both sides.

37. Likes Bonditaria, 9./JG52_J-HAT liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123