Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Operation Relinquish v1.0

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Re: Operation Relinquish v1.0

Thanks for all your work on this map SM. I've just spent my first 2 hours on it and enjoyed it even though there weren't a lot of other players. Still found myself in trouble several times so it wasn't as if there was nothing happening.

Enjoyed the clouds especially - firstly as somewhere to hide (unsuccessfully as it turned out) and then trying to hunt someone in them. Clouds really add to the tactical variety/ options especially for the lesser performing a/c like the 110 that I fly. Also liked having the sun a little lower in the sky- again adds tactical variety/options in some situations

I tried a couple of different bases and they were good, although I couldn't see the yellow runway markers at Rouen. It could be that I missed them so will try it again next time and see if I can spot them.

Looking fwd to flying again on this map soon and see what it's like when busier.

Thanks again

Ezzie

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Fantastic fun - great map.

The Axis defended well when I was flying - shot my Blenheim down twice, will definitely need some teamwork tactics to succeed!

Nice work on the map!

These setups are really showing the capabilities - I'm more and more impressed with the mission building progress - and glad to see people working together and sharing their expertise - it results in better and better missions for the community!

Thanks again!

"My idea of flying is to have a group take off together, stick together, fight together, try to accomplish the mission together and hopefully all land together" - AKA_Recon

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.77 MB

Real life stuff has interrupted / restricted my CLoD time over the past few days so I havn't been able to try this mew mission yet but I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks SM

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I've just played it for the first time. Great mission! We had great fun on a raid with 110s and 109s over Theville, then another one with two 110s over the ammo depot. If this is your first map it's really a great start SM!

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Thanks guys. Glad to hear people are having fun, cause at the end of the day thats what matters, I mean why else do we play this game?

Now that it is summer and classes are out I thought I might have more time in CloD but so far house maintenance, soaking in the rays with a beer at hand and getting lost in the mountains have consumed me. I have started another mission however since this one seems to meet peoples expectations.... Non-historical, winter, late afternoon, another "new area" of the map!

Cheers

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    754 Bytes

mountains eh?

colorado.

yeah i get it. sigh, you must live in quite a nice place. ^^"

just don't get eaten by bears or wolves.

E: see http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...l=1#post120238
    Last edited by Incog; May-21-2014 at 03:37.

Supporting Member 9./JG52_Meyer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    64.27 MB

Winter map EEEEK!
    Oberleutnant - Otto Meyer
    "Gelb Acht"
    9.Staffel / Jagdgeschwader 52
    (Karaya)

In memory of 9./JG52 Ziegler, Vermisse dich mein Freund

http://www.9jg52.com/

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Saipan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

hmm querville was hit but no notification, by GSG and Eg14. no notification.
    ASUS Z370-A, i5 8600k, CM haf-x, EVGA gtx 1660 Ti SC ACX, Antec HC 850, Samsung 120GB SSD , WD Black 1TB, Corsair GSkill 16GB, Creative SB Recon, Creative G500 5.1, ASUS VS248h-P
    Me-110 Black 17 with Hptmn. Hans "AWAC" Warsteiner
    :
    Trust me , I fly a Bf 110 (C2-->C7)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

There seems to be a problem with spawning in at Caen airfield, I'm sorry to say. The initial spawn doesn't seem to take (the "create" button fades, but you don't spawn in), and when you select the aircraft a second time and hit "create", you get in but your previous aircraft is seen nearby as a burning or fuel-spewing wreck that doesn't go away. Leaves the place rather littered with aircraft debris after four hours!

I'm not sure where the problem lies, as I've not encountered this before on any other map, and it seems to occur only at Caen. Has anyone else had this happen to them there?
    71st_AH_RebelSqurl

"Those who cannot relinquish the comfort of their own hate, damn only themselves in the end."

Intel i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40 GHz | 2GB GeForce GTX 760 | 16GB DDR3-1866 DIMM | Win 10 | VKB Gladiator joystick

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by saipan View Post
    hmm querville was hit but no notification, by GSG and Eg14. no notification.
    Yes I was there. But we made a mistake, Querqueville is not a target. The briefing is not so clear on this, but the target is Theville, not Querqueville.

Something else: we've tried a few times to destroy the ammo depot in AF 3 but we never succeeded. Yesterday we hit it with 4 x 500 kg bombs with no result. How many bombs are needed? Is it an area target or maybe we didn't hit all the objects there?
    Last edited by EG14_Marcast; May-23-2014 at 03:34.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

@Saipan: Theville is the target, Querqueville is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus_Mortem View Post
    Querqueville airfield is being used by the Allies as a medical evacuation site and is heavily defended leaving the airfield near Theville open for targeting. Crater the runway making it unusable. AD 7.2

Attachment 9558

@Marcast: The ammo depot includes those troop tents right next to it and the tanks near the entrance. Its a % target but during testing it usually would take 6 to 8 500lbs from a Blenny. Your best bet is to drop a couple near the entrance and the tents but the majority on the three concrete areas, there are lots of objects on them, and if you hit the pile of 500 pounders, thing light up like crazy:

2014-05-01_00004 (1).jpg

@Rebel: I will keep my eye on that issue. With the specific spawn points there was room for some crazy things to happen. I've flown the mission once on ATAG and spawned every time from Carq..... (Caen) because I was flying Blennies low like a madman. I never saw this happen nor did anyone else. Let me know if it continues or if anyone else sees this happen. I noticed this once somewhere else when testing on H. Gruber's server and he said it will occasionally happen, especially with twin-engine aircraft.

Thanks guys

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Fantastic map and I'm looking forward to it's development as time goes on.

I just spent one and a half hours bombing the railway station. I'm sorry that I couldn't be there for the development and testing phase but I feel this objective needs tweaking or clarifying some. I made repeated flights from Rouen with the Ju88 and level bombed it twice, setting alight the railyard in flames. It was incredibly hard to level bomb with the cloud coverage but I got killed by AA fire when I went low. I then checked the reconnaissance photos and saw the northern area needs bombing so I attacked it with a 110 with 500kg bombs and then made another flight in Ju88 dropping an entire bombload on the northern area. Never destroyed it- time out.

Thanks again,

trademe
    Last edited by trademe900; May-28-2014 at 22:20.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi Spiritus!
    Yesterday evening I flew this map for the first time! Bombing, vulching and dogfighting with E4/B. It was great fun! I like the new targets that I have never seen before on another map! Thanks for the amazing map and for your efforts!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Same thing again. Shuttling bombs endlessly to the railway yard; smoke billowing, craters everywhere. Extremely tough and doesn't go down.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Fantastic map SM, many thanks.

For clarification, when Rouen Airfield is destroyed, should it no longer be able able to be used as a blue spawn point?

I was a (small) part of a group of Blennies who rolled the map a few nights ago, and we noticed 109's spawning in at Rouen, after getting the 'Rouen Airfield is destroyed' notification.

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

I'll make some adjustments to the rail yard Trade along with a few other things.

@Tonka: I wasn't too sure how to write that in the code so both Rouen and Theville are still spawnable even after 100% destroyed, if anyone who is smarter or knows how to do this I'd be happy to put it in.

Any other things people have noticed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I'm not really sure but it seems to me that when you hit the fuel depot in Theville you also get a damage percentage for the airfield....maybe it could be fairer if it were moved outside the airfield range, i.e. in the port of Cherbourg.
    Last edited by EG14_Marcast; May-30-2014 at 03:54.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

@Tonka: I wasn't too sure how to write that in the code so both Rouen and Theville are still spawnable even after 100% destroyed, if anyone who is smarter or knows how to do this I'd be happy to put it in.
    Not a problem SM, i was seeking clarification on whether the airfield should remain spawnable.

If i spoke C# i would help, but as i don't, i cant!

Thanks again, great map Sir!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

I'll go through all my PM's with HG, I think he might have mentioned something about making them un-spawnable.

@Marcast:

Interesting point, I know when you actually hit the targets of the fuel depot they won't count against the airfield, but if you do happen to miss the actual targets and hit the airfield, they count for the airfield. I think I'll keep this in the back of my mind and change it if becomes more of an issue.

Ok, off to fire up the PC and make these changes. I'll finish up soon and PM Bliss with the updates so we can correct some of these shenanigans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Operation Relinquish v1.2 is emailed to Bliss.

I will post the new section of the brief and recon photos here but I have also updated the first post as well.

Corrections made:

Bad spawn point for red near Caen fixed. (Twin-engines take longer to despawn but it seems to be fixed, no more blowing up in the hanger/blenny stuck on #1 point)

Caen rail yard target improved. Here is the new section of briefing and recon photos.

"....Focus bombing on the two factories across the river from the rail yard and the troop tents, field hospital and trains on the northern edge of the rail yard."

2014-05-30_00002.jpg2014-05-30_00001.jpg

Also, I looked at taking out the airfields once they had been destroyed but it seems like there is a scripting conflict with using specific spawn points. I much prefer the spawn points how they are now so the airfields (Rouen/Theville) will still be operational even after 100% damage.
    Last edited by ♣_Spiritus_♣; May-31-2014 at 13:18.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I've noticed that it's a awesomely great map both as blue and red. ! Great job. Buy your self a beer and pretend it's from me.

Now go and make another map!
    Last edited by Otyg; May-30-2014 at 20:56.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Otyg, and yes I am drinking beer and am about 30% done with another map. Have some bigger hopes for scripting so the progress might slow. I just posted for some help/suggestions in the scripts area, I know someone out there could probably figure some things out that I am thinking about!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Jeez what fun this is. I love flying both red and blue on this map. Just played a full session of red today in Hurricane and boy was it action packed! We had some great team efforts in getting our guys grouped together to punch Le Havre hard from the south and pin 'em down at the base. We had all kinds of action man- I even saw RAF fighters being ripped up by whole lines of G50's jostling for shots! That was cool. Then we had some sweet bombing raids and scrambles from Crepon to fend off enemies attacking the nightfighters. The clouds are most interesting too. Lots of fun and it's even driving me to finally get rid of this terrible PC once and for all, as it's so much fun but my frame rate plummets over Le Havre.
    Last edited by trademe900; Jun-01-2014 at 05:21.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

That mission is very nice, thank you Spiritus !

If you find a way to disable the spawning at destroyed airfields, that would be nice (sense of "achievements" for bombers). But the mission in already very enjoyable and fun in situ.

Thanks for the good job !
    CPU: Intel I5 2500K / MOBO: Asus P8Z68V / GPU: Asus GTX660 2Gb / RAM: Corsair XMS 3 4x4Gb 12800 / OS: W7 Home Premium / SC: Asus Xonar XD / CTL: CH Pro CombatStick+Pedals+Quadrant / HTD: TrackIr 4 Pro / HS: Logitech G35

Spitfire H and V Convergence Excel Calculator : https://goo.gl/g9QRNt
    Hurricane H and V Convergence Excel Calculator : https://goo.gl/ZyClQr

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.77 MB

This is definitely a fun map . The only issue ive noticed is that when spawning Red planes it regularly (id say half the time) just hangs when I hit the create button after selecting my plane choice. I then have to click another airfield and click back to the original and try to create again - oddly stats here then register each click of create as a sortie even those where I fail to spawn. Ive only seen this at Crepon and Caen Carpiquet (spelling???)when flying Red. Ive not noticed this happening with such regularity on any other map. Hope that helps and thanks again for the map .

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

I also noticed that it is sometimes difficult to complete the fuel tanks objective at Le Havre.

I believe this is due to the heavy smoke pouring from the destroyed tanks so it gets difficult to destroy the last ones, if they are located in the center of the other tanks.

Would it be possible to put them on a row so that the ID of the remaining ones would be possible ?

Before anyone asserts that it would facilitate the completion of the objective, I think it is a legitimate request, as in real life, in their current configuration, I guess they would blow one after the other after a fire starts. And it would only be a matter of time before the remaining tanks get destroyed.

Thanks for your consideration !

Cheers !
    CPU: Intel I5 2500K / MOBO: Asus P8Z68V / GPU: Asus GTX660 2Gb / RAM: Corsair XMS 3 4x4Gb 12800 / OS: W7 Home Premium / SC: Asus Xonar XD / CTL: CH Pro CombatStick+Pedals+Quadrant / HTD: TrackIr 4 Pro / HS: Logitech G35

Spitfire H and V Convergence Excel Calculator : https://goo.gl/g9QRNt
    Hurricane H and V Convergence Excel Calculator : https://goo.gl/ZyClQr

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Railway yard is much more clear with the pictures now- thanks.
    Last edited by trademe900; Jun-11-2014 at 22:45.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I really hate to come across as a pain but I feel I must report there is something not right with the railway yard.

Blue has never completed the map and this time with much hard work we took out all of the objectives but the railway. 2 of us spent nearly the entire map's duration bombing this specific target repeatedly with 110s and Ju88s. We also had fighter recon trying to identify and guide us to the remaining objects. The tents were obliterated, the trucks, trains and the field hospital too. Then over on the northern side, a good several tonnes of bombs were dropped on the fuel storages/factories in the picture. After repeated study of the pictures, it seemed that everything was leveled to the ground with smoke billowing from every crevice. there must be a tiny object that is preventing completion of this objective? 3 hours in a Ju88 with 32 bombs each time, constantly bombing the railway yard, to no avail- it's just too hard.
    Last edited by trademe900; Jun-11-2014 at 22:46.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by trademe900 View Post
    I really hate to come across as a pain but I feel I must report there is something not right with the railway yard.
    Just got back from Manhattan, I'll take a look but we should go up together, I tested it and destroyed it with 8 500 lbs

Heaven, I've already served my time in Hell!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    12.34 MB

Just got back from Manhattan, I'll take a look but we should go up together, I tested it and destroyed it with 8 500 lbs
    Damn dude, I wish I knew you were coming up this way. I live 40 miles away. PM me next time!
    Celer, Silens, Mortalis

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast