Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: convergences tool

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    757.71 MB

Lightbulb convergences tool

I tried to do a little tool to help convergences ajustements and savings. It is so frustrating we can't save or load convergences template in game.

It works for me under Windows 7 64, don't asked me for others OS
    Your game must be installed in the regular Directory ...\Users\xxxx\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD and it works only with TF mod.
    The bad thing is you have to restart the game to load the convergences (if somebody knows a trick to avoid that, it is welcome)
    Normally it saves your user.ini, anyway feel free to do your own backup

How to use is pretty self explanatory, anyway there are tips in the file.

updated files 27 of june : better excel compatibility
    you can simply use the setup.exe

or if it doesn't work just extract:
    "cod conv.exe" and "VelerSoftware.ExcelLib.dll" Somewhere you want to
    And conv.xlsx in ...1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\conv (manually create "conv" directory)

-------------------------
    I have updated the convergence application to 2.0 with: 10/08/2015

- no more crash at start. If user.ini is not at the right place it creates one. The odd character " is removed if it exists.
    - It completes planes listing if you miss.
    - few bugs fixed
    - Possibility to see now existing convergences
    - Remove of excel thing that was extremly laggy, replace by pictures.
    - ready for TF 5.0
    - help files inside
    - always the possibility to create template to load your plane in one click which is missing a lot in game.
    - easy and fast adjusting of convergences

Limitations

- Work with symetry (canon 1 = canon 8 etc.) of course
    - need to be out of the game to be taken in account when you launch.
    - Only work for Spit, Hurri and 109. Other one gets guns in Nose...

Install

- Unrar and Just lunch it from wherever you want
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Gix; Aug-10-2015 at 07:57.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.69 MB

Re: convergences tool

Wow! Thank You Gix

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Wow,Wow,Wow!!... Great job m8!.. Please could you give us attached a your .Txt User.ini files??.. this may be helpful to verify if all goes ok using your Tool even in other S.O. (for me Win 8.1 eg. ) thank you !!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    757.71 MB

Quote Originally Posted by X-Raptor View Post
    Wow,Wow,Wow!!... Great job m8!.. Please could you give us attached a your .Txt User.ini files??.. this may be helpful to verify if all goes ok using your Tool even in other S.O. (for me Win 8.1 eg. ) thank you !!
    Hello,

I don't understand what you mean.
    If you want to be sure all is okay, just manually save your "user.ini" somewhere out of the game directory to be safe.
    Then play with the tool. Change your convergences with, create templates, etc. and check the user.ini of the in game directory if it has taken your changes.
    you can also check if your templates are in the ...ftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\conv\ directory.
    My user.ini has nothing special in it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Gix View Post
    I tried to do a little tool to help convergences ajustements and savings. It is so frustrating we can't save or load convergences template in game.

It works for me under Windows 7 64, don't asked me for others OS
    Your game must be installed in the regular Directory ...\Users\xxxx\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD and it works only with TF mod.
    The bad thing is you have to restart the game to load the convergences (if somebody knows a trick to avoid that, it is welcome)
    Normally it saves your user.ini, anyway feel free to do your own backup

How to use is pretty self explanatory, anyway there are tips in the zip file.

Attachment 9817
    This is great! Thank you Gix

Well worth a sticky!

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

This is brilliant Gix.
    Do u think u might be able to create a similar tool for bullet loadouts ?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    757.71 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Torian View Post
    This is brilliant Gix.
    Do u think u might be able to create a similar tool for bullet loadouts ?
    Must be possible, but the game allows already saving of bullets loadouts templatse in game. So I am not sure it would be very usefull ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Must be possible, but the game allows already saving of bullets loadouts templatse in game. So I am not sure it would be very usefull ?
    Yes u can save the loadout but I always thought it was a clunky way to create a loadout.
    Eg Most will do a mirrored loadout with the same bullets in guns 1 and 8, 2 and 7, 3 and 6 etc. Using the game interface u must load each of the 8 guns separately.
    Was wondering if an app could be made that allowed for creating loadouts with the option of mirroring ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I created an external load out utility for the RAF fighters.
    It adds a few features such as being able to copy load outs and convergence settings between guns, copy Presets between aircraft, handles metric conversions so users can work in yards.
    The help files aren't complete but there is an overview included.

If there is enough interest someone from ATAG can get in touch with me about uploading it.

raf_lo11.jpg

EDIT:
    I like the mirror idea. I might have to add that.
    Last edited by StiC; Jun-06-2014 at 00:01.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    262.05 MB

Quote Originally Posted by StiC View Post
    If there is enough interest someone from ATAG can get in touch with me about uploading it.
    Very much interested, lets get it available via a link please.

As an aside, have you used AHK to create this app ? see what I believe is the AHK logo on the top left of your app screenshot.
    Good clear, concise help files/user guide is important; if you want any help or a independent reviewer then I'm happy to help.

56RAF_Steerpots
    Last edited by Steerpots; Jun-06-2014 at 05:34.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

This is a quite brilliant tool...Thanks for this Gix..You have a lot of talent there....~S~
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Barwell - the murder capital of Britain, Leicestershire.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Very very handy. Thanks for your effort.

Cheers!
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5449&dateline=1396886  008

Motherboard:Yes. Processor:I expect so. Food Processor:Braun Multipraktik. Graphics Card:Yes. Sound Card: Dunno. Ram: Some. Hard Drive: Yes. Monitor: Yes. Joystick: Old, not enough buttons. Throttle Quadrant - see Joystick. Rudder Pedals - see Joystick

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Veeeerrry well done, congrats! Wow, how cool! If you have some genius left, I have an Idea how to further improve the tool. Would it be possible to let the Tool display the dispersion of the bullets at a certain distance from the aircraft away? So you would tell the programm your convergence settings, the distance away from the aircraft and what you would get is a picture like this (second picture):

Maybe even a display like this (with the enemy aircraft selectable) would be possible:

I know that this would probably be way more complex to do as you have to programm gravitation, bullet speed and other factors, but it would be something unique in the whole flight-sim-community. I don`t know of any other simulation game that has a function like that. And I am sure, TF would give you the data they use for the different kinds of ammo, etc...

And if the discussion already ends with TF... This Tool should be part of TF 5.0...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MSI GAMING G65 // i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ // ASUS GTX 780 CUll // 8GB RAM (@1600mhz) // Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Version
    Thrustmaster T16000 + Saitek x52 Throttle // Saitek Throttle Quadrant // MFG Crosswind Pedals // Track IR 5

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    757.71 MB

Would it be possible to let the Tool display the dispersion of the bullets at a certain distance from the aircraft away?
    hello,

Yes I have also thought about that. I think the best way is maybe to link with the Excel convergence tool it has been discussed there:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=4758

in this case, I guess (but not sure) it is not a big deal to sent the values to the file of Dex (or a slightly modified Excel sheet on this basis)
    and all the calculations had been already done

unfortunately I have not excel on my comp to check that right now and I am working at the moment on a loadouts tool too.
    But as soon as I can I will try to check that.
    Last edited by Gix; Jun-06-2014 at 14:49.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    81.55 MB

Thanks Gix , your convergence tool makes a difficult job a breeze.

It adds a few features such as being able to copy load outs and convergence settings between guns, copy Presets between aircraft, handles metric conversions so users can work in yards.

raf_lo11.jpg

EDIT:
    This looks a great utility StiC.

Can someone please make this available.
    Last edited by Hot_Pursuit; Jun-07-2014 at 00:23.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Handy Utility Gix. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 69th Steerpots View Post

As an aside, have you used AHK to create this app ? see what I believe is the AHK logo on the top left of your app screenshot.
    Good clear, concise help files/user guide is important; if you want any help or a independent reviewer then I'm happy to help.

56RAF_Steerpots
    Yes, I did use AHK. The load out utility was an exercise in learning how to program.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

raf_lo11.jpg

EDIT:
    Yes can we get this hosted somewhere pleeeese.
    Nice work StiC.

18. Likes BenQuinn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

The RAF Loadout utility is uploaded to the thread that originally inspired it found elsewhere in the Utilities and Tools sub forum.

My humblest apologies to Gix for hijacking this thread.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=4066

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    757.71 MB

My humblest apologies to Gix for hijacking this thread.
    no pb at all, there is no offense !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi Gix,

That's great work !

Let me know if you need any assistance and when. My model works for spity, and I can transfer it to hurricane. But I have limited data on 109's rounds, especially the 20mm ones (limited manufacturer ballistic data on this one, as it doesn't target recreational shooters ;).

About the gun dispersion, you can start here : http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=9642

Nonetheless, dispersion varies function of the round, the gun, the wear and temperature of the barrel and the way it was tested (British MG were tested after production, on a fixed mount and were able to achieve 3 to 4 MOA, but probably not on bursts. Once you fit that in a wing, which will vibrate during shooting and deform under load, data might change...).
    For example, the 50 Cal Browning loaded with APM2, on P47 were rated 4 MIL which makes 13.75 MOA. But the gun itself was rated 3 to 4 MOA with match grade rounds and tested on a fixed mount...

Good luck and thanks for sharing !

Cheers,

DeX

hello,

Yes I have also thought about that. I think the best way is maybe to link with the Excel convergence tool it has been discussed there:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=4758

in this case, I guess (but not sure) it is not a big deal to sent the values to the file of Dex (or a slightly modified Excel sheet on this basis)
    and all the calculations had been already done :)

unfortunately I have not excel on my comp to check that right now and I am working at the moment on a loadouts tool too.
    But as soon as I can I will try to check that.
    CPU: Intel I5 2500K / MOBO: Asus P8Z68V / GPU: Asus GTX660 2Gb / RAM: Corsair XMS 3 4x4Gb 12800 / OS: W7 Home Premium / SC: Asus Xonar XD / CTL: CH Pro CombatStick+Pedals+Quadrant / HTD: TrackIr 4 Pro / HS: Logitech G35

Spitfire H and V Convergence Excel Calculator : https://goo.gl/g9QRNt
    Hurricane H and V Convergence Excel Calculator : https://goo.gl/ZyClQr

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    160.45 MB

Hi Gix, does this include blue planes as well? would love to use it!

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Ziegler's Avatar
    Coast of Maine - Halfway between the equator and the North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Just FYI Gix, The gun convergences are off for the 109's. It works but the order is off due to the in game positioning being 1&2 are MG's and 3&4 cannons.
    Corsair 600T-Gigabite Gigabyte Z77-UD5 mobo-I7 Ivy Bridge 3770k@3.5ghz-Scythe Ninja 3 -16g HyperX- EVGA GTX 670 FTW-HyperX SSD-Logitech G19-Cyborg Ratz 9-CH Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and throttle with MFG Crosswind pedals, BenQ 2420T monitor, Track IR-5, Obutto Rev3. http://9jg52.com/

Glückliche sieben

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    757.71 MB

@Continu0

I have updated the tool with what you suggest.
    Here is the new version :

in 1st post

you can simply use the setup.exe

or if it doesn't work just extract:
    "cod conv.exe" and "VelerSoftware.ExcelLib.dll" Somewhere you want to
    And conv.xlsx in ...1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\conv (manually create "conv" directory)

it slowed down a little bit the tool when the line of sight sketch is on, but more or less it works For a red planes
    of course you need Microsoft Excel on your computer (sorry). Maybe it works with open office, I don't know I have not tried

screen.png

@Dex
    I do not touch any calculation in your file, just the drawing to look like a sketch which is sufficient for the purpose here
    anyway I have noticed a 10% difference between what is it set and what is it seen on the graphics(Look at above picture) . I suspect the yard / metric translation. is your excel sheet input in yards and the graphics in meters ?
    I have used it for hurricanes too. Maybe it is not very accurate for that plane ? but it is the same bullets so I was thinking it can roughly be used ?

@Ziegler
    lol, I will get mad with that. I did check and recheck few times numbers against the in-game results!!
    I have concluded it was something like that:
    109b.jpg
    with the 20mm canons in wings
    here seems to work when I check the user.ini:
    [Aircraft.Bf-109E-3]
    conv _Gun03 Gun.MGFF_Wing 150 100
    conv _Gun00 Gun.MG17 150 100
    conv _Gun01 Gun.MG17 150 100
    conv _Gun02 Gun.MGFF_Wing 150 100

you have not the same?

@hnbdggr
    Yes it is supposed to work for all 109
    For 110 I didn't think it is very useful because all guns are in the nose
    Last edited by Gix; Jun-14-2014 at 06:56.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Gix,
    It looks right when in the app and in your pix example has the MG/cannons correct, but what happens is when I then load my settings into the game (then start game), Gun #1 is correct for MG's #2 comes up as a cannon setting and #3 and #4 are default (150/100) settings. Maybe it's me doing something wrong, but I can only put the numbers in one side and the corresponding side looks right in app but is not translating in game.

For instance try 250/250 for MG's and 300/150 for cannons. What I then get in game is #1 250/250, #2 300/150, #3 150/100 and #4 150 /100.
    Last edited by 9./JG52 Ziegler; Jun-13-2014 at 11:55.
    Corsair 600T-Gigabite Gigabyte Z77-UD5 mobo-I7 Ivy Bridge 3770k@3.5ghz-Scythe Ninja 3 -16g HyperX- EVGA GTX 670 FTW-HyperX SSD-Logitech G19-Cyborg Ratz 9-CH Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and throttle with MFG Crosswind pedals, BenQ 2420T monitor, Track IR-5, Obutto Rev3. http://9jg52.com/

Glückliche sieben

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    757.71 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 9./JG52 Ziegler View Post
    Gix,
    It looks right when in the app and in your pix example has the MG/cannons correct, but what happens is when I then load my settings into the game (then start game), Gun #1 is correct for MG's #2 comes up as a cannon setting and #3 and #4 are default (150/100) settings. Maybe it's me doing something wrong, but I can only put the numbers in one side and the corresponding side looks right in app but is not translating in game.

For instance try 250/250 for MG's and 300/150 for cannons. What I then get in game is #1 250/250, #2 300/150, #3 150/100 and #4 150 /100.
    you are right
    I founded why
    thank you I will correct that

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    757.71 MB

okay it is fixed.
    Updated links are in the first post

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

okay it is fixed.
    Updated links are in the first post
    Thanks Gix!

Glückliche sieben

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

@Dex
    I do not touch any calculation in your file, just the drawing to look like a sketch which is sufficient for the purpose here
    anyway I have noticed a 10% difference between what is it set and what is it seen on the graphics(Look at above picture) . I suspect the yard / metric translation. is your excel sheet input in yards and the graphics in meters ?
    I have used it for hurricanes too. Maybe it is not very accurate for that plane ? but it is the same bullets so I was thinking it can roughly be used ?
    Hey Gix,

Looking good !

In my Excel, the data to be entered for H&V convergences are in meters (like in the game) but the charts output is in yards.

So that's why, if you enter a 250 (m) in the game or in the Excel, it'll be displayed at 273 (yd) on the charts.

I choose to make it like that because the gunsight setups are set in feet/yards.

The calculator hasn't been compiled for hurricane. I don't think it'll work as the gun location Vs gunsight location are quite different from the Spit.

I'll try to find a Hurri blueprint and check that. I think H Conv will be very off (but I can adjust them easily, I made the spit calculator with that in mind) and the V Conv should be reasonably ok (?) and might only need a slight tweaking.

Do you think you could keep the red lines which defines the Bf109 hitbox for hurri and spit ? It would give a scale.

Cheers !

DeX
    CPU: Intel I5 2500K / MOBO: Asus P8Z68V / GPU: Asus GTX660 2Gb / RAM: Corsair XMS 3 4x4Gb 12800 / OS: W7 Home Premium / SC: Asus Xonar XD / CTL: CH Pro CombatStick+Pedals+Quadrant / HTD: TrackIr 4 Pro / HS: Logitech G35

Spitfire H and V Convergence Excel Calculator : https://goo.gl/g9QRNt
    Hurricane H and V Convergence Excel Calculator : https://goo.gl/ZyClQr

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    757.71 MB

okay thank you
    I will delete hurricane option next time and add word about Yards.
    regarding the sketch, yes I will add the HB.
    but it is just your original Excel sheet, everybody can adjust it to his tastes. it is located at: ....Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\conv\conv.xlsx (sheet 2)

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    757.71 MB

Have updated for a better MS excel compatibility
    Should work whatever the excel version now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast