Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: June 2014 Update: For Backers only

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: June 2014 Update: For Backers only

Quote Originally Posted by heinkill View Post
    Such a shame. But more optimistic now ED has taken the reigns.

I dont get why the roadmap has them releasing the aircraft as modules before the map and game itself.

How will the pricing work? They can't be planning to charge full 40 USD for every kite? By the time the map was released you would have spent hundreds of dollars...

I bought the P51D and enjoy it for what it is, but not enough to repeat the process with the FW190, Spit IX etc when there is no WWII combat environment to fight in and the online experience is so limited.

Just doesn't make business sense to me. Why don't they focus on the map, and do a proper early access alpha release when it is ready?

H
    Same feelings about the map here.
    I think that the reason behind this choice is that the map is probably way behind schedule. About 7 months ago, Almazi, the map project lead designer announced that he stopped working with RRG. And about 2 months ago, luthier said in an update that they plan to throw in "a whole team" of people on map making after they are supposedly done with the aircraft project, in order to catch up. My guess is that the map team was understaffed and thus the whole project got serious delays, so now ED have no other option in order to catch up for this lost time.
    The choice they made to release the warbirds earlier is probably a combination of many factors : to fulfill some of the kickstarter committments, to regain some credit with their audience and to get some revenue asap. The last part is probably the most important since in his new update Wags stated that the cost for the flight model development for the 109K only, was 120k USD. That's almost as much as the sum raised by the kickstarter. Adding up the costs cockpit and external graphics modelling, it should be around 200k for a module. For 5 aircraft we are talking about 1 million USD and adding the map should take the final budget around 1,250,000 USD. That's a raw estimate, but it shows that ED have to find some way to finance themselves and keep paying the rest of the RRG team who are now hired by them

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    I think a lot of us saw this coming and thus didn't buy into it.
    They should hold another fund raiser, Id buy in now that it's just ED.
    I bought into it because it was the only visible successor to CoD/IL-2, TF apart of course, and I am a fan of ED's work. There are two positives to this:
    1. Ilya tried to keep Oleg's dream alive and without his initiative we would not have ED on board and a potentially high level sim under development.
    2. ED's involvement should ensure a good product.

So "thank you" to Ilya in spite of his outcome.
    klem
    http://firebirds.2ndtaf.org.uk/

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 3.6 GHz / 12Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX980 GPU 4Gb superclocked /128Gb SSD + 256Gb SSD/ Corsair 750HXUK 750W PSU
    Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / 3 x AOC 27" e2752vq @ 1920x1080 in Nvidia "Surround" plus 23" 1920x1080 instruments display below/ TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro, MFG Crosswind Rudders / CH CM

Veteran Combat pilot Screamadelica's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    588.65 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 56RAF_klem View Post
    I bought into it because it was the only visible successor to CoD/IL-2, TF apart of course, and I am a fan of ED's work. There are two positives to this:
    1. Ilya tried to keep Oleg's dream alive and without his initiative we would not have ED on board and a potentially high level sim under development.
    2. ED's involvement should ensure a good product.

So "thank you" to Ilya in spite of his outcome.
    Well said Klem. Totally agree.
    Intel I7 - 11700K CPU @ 3.60 GHZ, Nvidia RTX 3080, Evo 970 SSD 1TB, Ram 32GB , Win 10 64 Bit. Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and MSFFB 2, CH Throttle Quadrant, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Falcon Gear Trim Unit, Track IR5.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    17.61 MB

My heart really goes out for Ilya. At least he tried, which is a hell of a lot more than most of us can say, and he obviously left the project in a state that could be taken on by others.

I wish him all the best in the future, what ever it may bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    ps just tried to get my password for the ED forums and it asked for another name for the Ka-50 but didn't recognise "Hokum".
    Try Black Shark. It's the name on the box.
    In the past, aggressive Australian patrols have caused the enemy great embarrassment by unremittingly harassing his line of communications, destroying his dumps, and generally indulging in a "spot of bastardry." – Notes for Platoon & Section Leaders distributed to Allied Land Forces in SouthWest Pacific Area-Operations 1943.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_NakedSquirrel View Post
    Not sure why this all happened, but I do know who to blame:

What possible good can arise from such foolishness. Matt Stone and Trey Parker are obviously down to one weakly sparking brain cell between them.
    You don't stop playing because you grow old - you grow old because you stopped playing.

i7 980 @ 3.33 GHz (12 CPUs), Win 7 64-bit, 12 Gig DDR3, Gigabyte GTX 480 4 Gig, Corsair AX1200 PSU, CH Combatstick, CH Pedals, CH Quadrant, Track IR5. Upgrading to a GTX 680 when the wife blinks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    160.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Old_Canuck View Post
    What possible good can arise from such foolishness. Matt Stone and Trey Parker are obviously down to one weakly sparking brain cell between them.
    I must say I've never been to canada, but recently finished the stick of truth and quite liked the virtual tour that game provides. I never knew about dire aids and the barking spiders, seems there's so much I've missed

Veteran Combat pilot No.54 Ghost (KL-G)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by hnbdgr View Post
    I must say I've never been to canada, but recently finished the stick of truth and quite liked the virtual tour that game provides. I never knew about dire aids and the barking spiders, seems there's so much I've missed
    well i have been to canada and i must say, the stick of truth got it absolutely right. did you know that they actually play the national anthem on the subway. it goes on repeat 24/7. dire aids is really starting to become a big problem over there. other than that, its actually quite nice for not being a real country.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    160.45 MB

I will visit as soon as i get my passport photos done at photo dojo

Veteran Combat pilot No.54 Ghost (KL-G)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Here we go again...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    85.88 MB

Canadians are eh's-holes.

On the border of the Eastern and Western Roman Empire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    763 Bytes

Im still optimistic because Yoyo and guys WILL still deliver DCS WW2 44. Sooner or later.
    Last edited by Tvrdi; Jun-11-2014 at 04:36.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    click here for fixes if you have stutters in Cliffs Of Dover

Veteran Combat pilot No601_Swallow's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

For my thrupence' worth, I've got the P51 and I love it. I love being able to turn it on (from "cold and dark") and taxi and take off. And I've flown it like I used to FS2004, keeping those temps constant, trying to nail that glide path. But what I've flown ain't a "combat flight sim". It's a wonderful sim, but it don't quack, walk or, um, squat like a CFS. I'll admit I haven't flown any of the "missions", but I don't feel like I've missed out. Just flying this beautiful bird is it's own reward.

But I'm so glad the WWII stuff development doesn't depend on the organisational structures that had such vision for CloD but left so so profoundly broken. This can only be good news.

(By the way, it's great fun to see our US brothers piling on to little old Canada so much. I had no idea Americans were so insecure!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    53.93 MB

Quote Originally Posted by No601_Swallow View Post
    For my thrupence' worth, I've got the P51 and I love it. I love being able to turn it on (from "cold and dark") and taxi and take off. And I've flown it like I used to FS2004, keeping those temps constant, trying to nail that glide path. But what I've flown ain't a "combat flight sim". It's a wonderful sim, but it don't quack, walk or, um, squat like a CFS. I'll admit I haven't flown any of the "missions", but I don't feel like I've missed out. Just flying this beautiful bird is it's own reward.

But I'm so glad the WWII stuff development doesn't depend on the organisational structures that had such vision for CloD but left so so profoundly broken. This can only be good news.

(By the way, it's great fun to see our US brothers piling on to little old Canada so much. I had no idea Americans were so insecure!)
    There is a major Canadian subversive thrust underway to fragment the U.S. and then take it over economically. The shock-troops are: William Shatner, Celine Dion, Justin Bieber.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Can somebody enlighten me ? How does Canada fit into the OP ? ~S~
    i7 6700k,Asus Maximus hero,16g Ddr4 3000,samsung 950 pro,GTX 970 HOF ,Samsung 256 ssd,Tir 5,Thrustmaster Warthog, Saitek Cessna pedals,Coolermaster 1KW power.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    160.45 MB

see post by ATAG_NakedSquirrel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Catseye View Post
    There is a major Canadian subversive thrust underway to fragment the U.S. and then take it over economically. The shock-troops are: William Shatner, Celine Dion, Justin Bieber.

We tried with Shatner, he defected. We tried with Celine Dion, they sent her back. We tried with Nickelback, but our own leaders deemed that they were corrosive to all living life, but we have no guns to shoot them. Justin Beiber is our Last, Best Hope....

Warning: I have a stick and I don't know how to use it! They call me BAIT.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    484.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bait View Post
    We tried with Shatner, he defected. We tried with Celine Dion, they sent her back. We tried with Nickelback, but our own leaders deemed that they were corrosive to all living life, but we have no guns to shoot them. Justin Beiber is our Last, Best Hope....

Last edited by heinkill; Jun-14-2014 at 21:08.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    141.17 MB

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Wombat View Post
    (Video of the Canadians Arriving)
    God Save us All.

Bwahahahaha

Loved it.
    Warning: I have a stick and I don't know how to use it! They call me BAIT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12