Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Independent Load Out Utility for RAF Fighters

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Independent Load Out Utility for RAF Fighters

71st Eagle Squadron is missing out of the regiment list?

Also I go into the game and nothing was saved and nothing over writes the setting I have in there.
    Last edited by Mastiff; Oct-14-2015 at 19:40.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
    71st Eagle Squadron is missing out of the regiment list?

Also I go into the game and nothing was saved and nothing over writes the setting I have in there.
    I'm really sorry Mastiff. Until your post I had no idea that the Early/Late Fighter Type changed what squadrons were available. This will take some work to remedy.

As for your second problem, I believe it may have something to do with Steam cloud overwriting your changes. Make sure Steam Cloud is disabled.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

I hope you can get this to work Mastiff. I've found it to be a real indispensable tool for this game. No more having to convert all the ranges and convergences from metric. Once you get it working you'll find it much more useful and intuitive than the game's native weapons GUI.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    354.40 MB

Norton has decided this excellent utility is some kind of threat and keeps removing it before I can use it! Fighting my way through...

Cheers

Cadfaele

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

I failed to read the directions and accidentally directed the utility to try to find the Confuser.ini file in the [C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover] location. It created a minor mess for me but these instructions, copied from an earlier post (#26), fixed me right up:

Click the Start button.
    In the search field type "%appdata%" (minus quotes), and hit enter.
    Navigate into the RAF_Loadout folder.
    Open Loadout.ini with notepad or notepad++.
    Search for the line Path under Settings and use the information to 1. Locate your user.ini or 2. Delete the information so that the next time you run the Loadout Manager it will ask you to locate your user.ini.

Now it finds the user.ini file where it belongs in the [1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD] folder.

v4.5 - Now it finds the user.ini file where it belongs in the [1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover] folder. MOD folder is for v4.312.
    Last edited by Baffin; Jan-03-2018 at 16:15. Reason: v4.5 path change
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

6. Likes farley liked this post
    Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

I understand this still works with 4.5, provided the program gets directed to the correct user.ini location. Any confirmation? How do I reset it? I see Baffin has one way to do it-anything simpler?
    Is there any way of adding newer versions of RAF planes to the utilitie's list?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Quote Originally Posted by =FI=Murph View Post
    I understand this still works with 4.5, provided the program gets directed to the correct user.ini location. Any confirmation? How do I reset it? I see Baffin has one way to do it-anything simpler?
    Is there any way of adding newer versions of RAF planes to the utilitie's list?
    Just set it up in Blitz Murph. and it is working well.

I had somehow buggered my tool (that sounds a bit odd doesn't it) and so i deleted all of the RAF Loadout files in my computer, and then re downloaded it.
    Then it asks where you want to put the file, and you can load it into 1C SoftClub area.

But i found this help file which might help you, so you don't have to delete/reload it. It tells you to go into this %appdata%\RAF_Loadout file, which i did, but didn't know where to go from there, so afraid i can't help you any further.

RAF Loadout tool Help.txt

Just saw that Baffin explains this above. Thanks Baffin!
    Last edited by farley; Jan-03-2018 at 14:38.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

9. Likes Baffin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Whizkid View Post
    Hi, guys.
    Well, it's time for me to admit that I'm stumped!
    I'm going crazy trying to get that excellent Loadout tool to work, but after reading every post and watching the Tutorial innumerable times I still can't load my Hurri.
    My Steam has the Cloud turned off in both places, the Loadout Manager loaded and has all parts showing OK, all the buttons work and stuff loads as shown in the Tutorial.
    The only strange thing is that the User.ini shows 0 KB in its slot before and after I try and load the Loadout. I hate to Uninstall and Re-install CoD again, but perhaps this is the problem?
    I also noticed that the Gun Loadout in CoD has most of the clickable slots grayed out, except for the Browning 303 Mk11, which doesn't respond to any changes. Nothing else can be changed, including Loadout info.
    HELP!
    try starting a single player mission, and play in there with a set load out. then try it after words.
    " any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts," Winston Churchill
    " He who never changes his mind, never changes anything,"
    Win 10 64||MSI MPG gaming z690 ddr4||i9x149000k|ddr4-64gb PC3200||RTX 4070-Ti||GAMEMAX 1300W PSUatx3,pcie5 |Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 7.1||ViRpiL,T50v2cm|moded MFG Crosswinds||T50Mth||G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseTorque10|| Reverb G2 VR / PiMax 8Kx
    32 Samsung|||

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

still no 71st Eagle squadron.
    " any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts," Winston Churchill
    " He who never changes his mind, never changes anything,"
    Win 10 64||MSI MPG gaming z690 ddr4||i9x149000k|ddr4-64gb PC3200||RTX 4070-Ti||GAMEMAX 1300W PSUatx3,pcie5 |Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 7.1||ViRpiL,T50v2cm|moded MFG Crosswinds||T50Mth||G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseTorque10|| Reverb G2 VR / PiMax 8Kx
    32 Samsung|||

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
    still no 71st Eagle squadron.
    It wasn't operational till 1941 and then it was based at Kirton up in Lincolnshire.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

This is a great utility and works perfectly, now in TFS v4.5. Only one gripe StiC, you missed out No. 19 Sqn from the Orbat. The very first unit to receive the Spit and you exlude the Duxford boys though the unit appears in the default squadron list within the plane config screen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    62.95 MB

Any chance to have this great utility also for german planes??..

15. Likes ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post
    Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

The problem with the German planes is that it was necessary to change the number designations that the game assigns to the various German ammunition, in order to correct a glitch, For 4.5.
    This RAF utility is old, but still works because the numbering of the RAF rounds did not need to be changed.
    Perhaps someone will come up with a revised version at some point. There is a version here that used to allow both nationalities, but it no longer works for the reasons given.
    In the meantime, perhaps someone who likes to fly blue would post the relevant lines from their user.ini, so that others could copy/paste them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    62.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by =FI=Murph View Post
    The problem with the German planes is that it was necessary to change the number designations that the game assigns to the various German ammunition, in order to correct a glitch, For 4.5.
    This RAF utility is old, but still works because the numbering of the RAF rounds did not need to be changed.
    Perhaps someone will come up with a revised version at some point. There is a version here that used to allow both nationalities, but it no longer works for the reasons given.
    In the meantime, perhaps someone who likes to fly blue would post the relevant lines from their user.ini, so that others could copy/paste them?
    Thank you Murph, hope me then really some "German" fan of CLOD BLITZ will help us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    62.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk_Eagle View Post
    Thank you Murph, hope me then really some "German" fan of CLOD BLITZ will help us.

hello, I bump this tread about Loadout for anyone who will help to give a user.ini 4.5 BLITZ version for german planes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

Strange. I don't seem to have a user.ini file in Blitz. So, I can't use the loadout utilities. Should I create one?
    Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming MB,
    Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 31ghz CPU, EVGA 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram,
    Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte Curved Monitor 165hz, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, Reverb G2

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

OK. Let's try this.

Can I copy/paste my 4.312 user.ini file to Blitz? If so, where would I paste it? Mind you, there is not a copy of Blitz in user/user/documents/1C Softclub. Which is something else I wonder about .

Thanks,
    Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming MB,
    Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 31ghz CPU, EVGA 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram,
    Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte Curved Monitor 165hz, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, Reverb G2

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for continuing to use the tool. Unfortunately, I no longer have the time to update and improve it. When I wrote it I was a software tester with lots of down time while the test scripts ran or new builds were being installed. That place shut down in 2015 and I'm back to manufacturing with no downtime.

For those of you who are missing your squadron due to my oversight/laziness here is a workaround.

Locate the Loadout.ini file. Instructions can be found under Getting Started in the Help section of the tool. (Ctrl+H)
    Open the Loadout.ini in a text editor like Note Pad or Notepad++.
    The first section is used to convert the squadron names used in CloDs menu to the squadron name as it appears in the user.ini.
    Simply replace one of these lines with the proper values. The first part can be anything you want, but the second must match what appears in the user.ini.
    Save the file.

It is important that you replace another entry and not add to, or subtract from the list.

So long as TFS keeps the user.ini format the same, the tool should continue to work for the planes included in the tool. New planes unfortunately will not unless the follow the pattern of 8 or less guns all using Browning .303 ammunition types.

22. Likes farley liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.39 GB

Quote Originally Posted by 71st_AH_VinnieJones (XR-B) View Post
    Strange. I don't seem to have a user.ini file in Blitz. So, I can't use the loadout utilities. Should I create one?
    Right click the folder properties and make sure Hidden files are visible. My user.ini was hidden.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.49 MB

Hi guys! I have some error after start the program. Who know how i can fix it?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    QuadCore Intel Core i5-7600/Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming 5/16gb DDR4/GeForce GTX 1080/Win10x64/1920х1080/TrackIR v5/Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hey everyone,
    I'm in a position to possibly rewrite the Loadout Tool if anyone might be interested.
    I've learned a bit since my last post and I think I might be able to accommodate all aircraft this time around.
    The first step will be to acquire a user.ini file containing all of the aircraft with various loadouts. If anyone wants to message me with the contents of their user.ini it would be really appreciated by saving me the time of creating my own.

Thanks.

26. Likes Dauntless, ATAG_Noofy liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12