484.9 KB

Now available to download! Murmansk mission pack for TF4.3

NOTE: GO HERE FIRST FOR DOWNLOADING BEFORE TRYING LINKS BELOW

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...p?categoryid=8

MURMANSK!

Mission design: Heinkill
    Historical research: Flugber
    Custom skins: Uwe

And...thanks to Team Fusion for making it even possible!

THE STORY

In five weeks during late 1941 two squadrons of RAF Hurricanes arrived at Murmansk in Russia to deliver and train Russian pilots in the new lend-lease Hurricane. The remit of 151 Wing was to provide both training and operational support to the Soviet Army. The Hawker Hurricane was not the most modern aircraft by late 1941, having been designed in the 1930s with priority given to ease of maintenance and operation in arduous field conditions, but it proved well suited to conditions around Murmansk. Furthermore, the British, Australian and New Zealand ground crew and aircrew were mostly veterans of the Battle of France and Battle of Britain. They were highly experienced. They brought with them a modern radio and radar air-control system.

Standing against them were the Bf109Es, 110s, Ju88s and Stukas of Luftflotte 5.

This mission pack and campaign focuses on that action-packed five weeks.

DETAILS

Using a suitable piece of rarely visited coastline in the TF Mod Winter map, relevant airfields and targets have been recreated, with Luftwaffe, RAF and Finnish aircraft as the combatants: Bf109E, Bf110C, Hurricane I, Finnish G.50, i16, i15, Tupolev SB etc

Version 1.1 of the campaign:

http://1drv.ms/1sVPVTC

Includes skinpack plus...

24 mission Murmansk campaign comprising:

Boris Safonov and Tim Elkington 151 Wing campaign, 12 missions

Horst Carganico I/JG77 campaign, 12 missions

REDUX scripting: in mission and separate campaign kill counts for both campaigns

12 mission Single Mission pack

Also available as single missions. Over 100 individual sorties featuring all relevant flyable aircraft from all sides, each with their own individual missions and briefings.

Includes skin pack.

DOWNLOAD SINGLE MISSIONS HERE: http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php/...s/640-murmansk

ENJOY!

Heinkill

i15s behind the lines

Finnish Air Force (FAF) G.50s attached to (1) I/JG77 as 'observers'

(1) I/JG77 sets up for a strafing run

Flt Officer Tim Elkington in Hurricane 'GO-31' takes Russian Ace Boris Safonov in 'White 77' on a familiarisation flight over Kola inlet

(Safonov skin and other 151 Wing skins courtesy asisbiz artists http://www.asisbiz.com/il2/Hurricane...F-151Wing.html)

Last edited by heinkill; Jul-07-2015 at 11:10.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    484.9 KB

Re: Now available to download! Murmansk mission pack for TF4.3

And some shots from one of the missions...

"Fighting under a midnight sun"

Last edited by heinkill; Jul-08-2014 at 14:13.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Woohooo wooohoo!
    Thank you , thank you, thank you Heinkill!!

I am really looking forward to giving this one a go!
    I know I have said it each time you post one, but again thank you so much for what you guys do, for us SP folks!!
    I am sure there is an incredible amount of time and work put into making these things for us, and it is very, very much appreciated!
    Don B

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K@4.50 ghz | Corsair H100i Cooling System | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Mhz ram | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW|2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD's |NZXT Phantom 820 Case | TM Warthog w/ 7.5cm Ext by Sajah|MFG Crosswinds Pedals|Oculus Rift|Windows 10 64 Bit |

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Amazing, at which rate you produce new SP campaigns!

Didn't I read something after Malta that you would have to make a break? Guess not.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

heinkill,

The auto installer does not appear to be working for me.
    I tried it two ways:

I pointed it to my documents/1csoftclub/cliffs of dover mod folder and installed. ( my documents are on my G drive).
    I accepted the default G - Documents folder, and installed.

In both cases, I do not see a campaign listed in the main menu, nor in looking in the individual folder/files of the Mod directory, or in my Steam Cliffs of Dover directory.
    Not sure where it is installing those mission files?

The only thing I see, in my documents/Mod directory is:
    Uwe Murmansk skins zip file
    a bmp screen shot of some 109's. ( think this maybe came from this installer?)
    The Murmansk readme pdf file.

Under the mission folder, I do not see a campaign listing, nor do I see one under the campaign subfolder under missions ( in the documents/MOD folder).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Don B

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K@4.50 ghz | Corsair H100i Cooling System | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Mhz ram | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW|2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD's |NZXT Phantom 820 Case | TM Warthog w/ 7.5cm Ext by Sajah|MFG Crosswinds Pedals|Oculus Rift|Windows 10 64 Bit |

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Ok disregard the above!

I see they are listed as single missions , not a campaign.
    Duh!

Sorry about that!

Btw, love the auto installer!!
    Don B

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    484.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DUI View Post
    Amazing, at which rate you produce new SP campaigns!

Didn't I read something after Malta that you would have to make a break? Guess not.
    Yes, I got a new job and convinced myself I would need to work overtime just to keep up, but it seems the last chap just made it look/sound harder than it is... so I found myself with a bit of free time again. But Murmansk is definitely the last! (Of course, I have to turn it from a mission pack into a campaign first...and then there was Sokol1s good suggestion to do a Blenheim campaign in the 'Far East', which could be done using one of the island maps...but then I would need a skinner to skin some kites in Japanese war paint...)

Oh no, it's starting again...

Quote Originally Posted by DonB
    I see they are listed as single missions , not a campaign.
    Yep, I am about to go on holiday for a couple of weeks so rather than wait forever, I decided to put out a mission pack first, then later a REDUX style 'Murmansk' campaign. The 12 single 'missions' here will make a 25 mission campaign because each one has several flyable sorties in it.

There is actually more work in a mission pack done this way, because for every flyable flight in the mission (and there are usually at least two on each side) you have to plot waypoints and targets, write briefings, find graphics and place objects. In a campaign you only have to do one player briefing per mission and all AI activities and map objects are coordinated around that.

But it reflects my own preferences - I prefer the single missions, replaying the same mission from different perspectives on both sides, in different machines. For this mission pack, for example I would go through each mission, playing first from the RAF perspective, then go back and do them again from the Axis perspective.

Once the mission pack is done though, all the raw material is there, so to create a campaign is 'just' a matter of fixing a player POV, attaching scripts to each mission for success/failure and editing some of the briefings a little - and presto, campaign.

Anyone want to try it? Always nice to have a few more content generators, and adapting an already existing mission pack is a good place to start!

Quote Originally Posted by DonB
    Btw, love the autoinstaller!
    Yes, unfortunately only possible with my low skill set, for single missions because they can all be dumped into the same folder. Campaigns need to be placed in several different places, and you need to edit the campaign.ini file etc.

It's such a barrier to new users. Now, if Team Fusion could develop a campaign autoinstaller as a side project..

H
    Last edited by heinkill; Jul-09-2014 at 17:06.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    484.9 KB

I have a beta of the campaign available with REDUX scripting if anyone wants to try it in a campaign mode.

No guarantees, very much a banged together job just to get things in the right place, but I won't be able to work on it again until I get back from holidays in a couple of weeks.

Can be downloaded from here.

http://1drv.ms/1olpKju

Anyone who wants to work on it while I am away is welcome!

Usual business to install manually - put it in your parts/bob/mission/campaign folder and add the following text to your campaigns.ini file

[campaign_mk]
    folder campaign_mk
    title Murmansk!
    image poster.bmp

For the scoring system to keep track of your kills you also need an empty campaign_mk folder in your mydocs/1C campaigns directory

Cheers, see you the other side of July!

H
    Last edited by heinkill; Jul-10-2014 at 05:48.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

That link appears to be linked to your Battle for Malta Megapack.

No worries, enjoy your vacation/holiday and worry with this stuff when you return!!

Thanks so much for giving us the mission pack before you left!!
    Don B

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    484.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by d.burnette View Post
    That link appears to be linked to your Battle for Malta Megapack.

No worries, enjoy your vacation/holiday and worry with this stuff when you return!!

Thanks so much for giving us the mission pack before you left!!
    Oops. Should be the right one now...

http://1drv.ms/1olpKju

Does this mean you are volunteering to beta test Don? You get your name immortalised in the credits for that service you know!

I'll take that as a yes...

This is the first 12 missions, which will comprise the RAF campaign, and are focused on telling the story through the viewpoint of RAF pilot Tim Elkington. The next 12 missions will be from the point of view of Luftwaffe pilot Horst Carganico of I/JG77, but I haven't pulled those together yet.

Beta testing can be as thorough or as simple as you like to make it. Just play the campaign through and make notes. Things to look for:

- briefing errors (typos, and errors such as wrong target sector named) or areas for improvement
    - trouble locating targets or lack of combat action
    - technical glitches (a common one is the success/fail screens. often these do not show the success/fail message and picture)
    - script glitches (script not keeping a running score of your kills, or showing Luftwaffe kill messages to an RAF pilot)
    - airfield mishaps (for example objects placed where aircraft need to taxi).

Cheers!

Fred

PS no pressure if you don't want to! Enjoy your summer!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Lol, unfortunately I am a very busy person, travel mostly for my work and have a very busy 3 weeks coming up - no promises but I might be able to squeeze in a little time this weekend to at least fly some of it... will see how it goes.

Thanks for updating the link! Enjoy your time off!
    Don B

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

This game looks promising. I'll try and see whether it works good on my end. By the way, thanks for all your efforts of posting this game here.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    484.9 KB

Am back now. A week in New York, a week in Toronto and a week at home in the garden in lovely sunshine. Must be terrible to work for a living!

Have bumped the campaign up to 24 missions now, with the player flying 12 as RAF in Hurricanes, then switching to BF109Es in I/JG77 and playing the campaign from the other side, just for something different. Added REDUX scripting for mission success and kill counts. The kill counts continue so that if you scored 5 kills in the RAF missions you don't lose them all when you restart in Luftwaffe. That would be my preference anyway!

Have to say the ATAG winter map looks lovely... mist, clouds, fog...it may not be Russia, but it's very atmospheric!

H

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    484.9 KB

Version 1.1 of the campaign now available:

http://1drv.ms/1sVPVTC

Missions by Heinkill
    Custom skins by Uwe
    Historical research by Flugber

Includes skinpack plus...

24 mission Murmansk campaign comprising:

Boris Safonov 151 Wing campaign, 12 missions

Horst Carganico I/JG77 campaign, 12 missions

REDUX scripting: in mission and separate campaign kill counts for both campaigns

ENJOY!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Post Re: Now available to download! Murmansk mission pack for TF4.3

Heinkill, I'm sorry, but I have to admit and apologize is that I completely forgot about one thing!
    When I drew a map indicating the location of aviation units at the beginning of September 1941, I forgot to about another one unit…

In Banak (Lakselv), at the beginning of September 1941 were based the Ju.88's from the I/KG30, and also from the 4./KG30 of the II/KG30 (albeit a little later, the 4./KG30 flew off to Holland September 30, 1941, in Gilze-Rijen). As you can see, they are indicated in Banak on the map.

But I forgot that in Banak (Lakselv) also has were based and the He.111H's from the 2./KG26! They were there from August to December 1941.

Of course, probably too late make any changes… But it seems to me that it would bring some variety, if the Heinkel's would take part in your campaign…
    Excuse my English, I use the Google Translate.

Intel Core i5-7600K 3.80(4.20)GHz, 6Mb, 1150MHz
    MSI Z270-A Pro DDR4
    Palit GeForce GTX 1080 Dual OC 8Gb
    DDR4 2×16Gb @2400MHz
    Kingston SSD M.2 PCI-E 3.0×2 480Gb
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X
    TrackIR 5

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    484.9 KB

Thx mate if I do an update I will include them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I really must comment upon the amazing atmospherics and realism of the battle scenes. It really takes one back to those days. Oh, happy days!!

Just got this to remember them by.....
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/23579676@N03/15133534971/

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Quote Originally Posted by airforce1 View Post
    I really must comment upon the amazing atmospherics and realism of the battle scenes. It really takes one back to those days. Oh, happy days!!

Just got this to remember them by.....

Tim
    Page not found
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Oops - forgot to unlock it!

OK?

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

OK?

Tim
    Nope.. still unavailable

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Because I didn't press 'SAVE'..............live & learn.

Sorry if it's a damp squib after all that.

Tried & tested.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/235796...in/photostream

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hello!
    I correctly understood – You really the same W/C Tim Elkington? One of the pilots from the No.134 Squadron of the No.151 Wing RAF who had fought in Murmansk in Autumn 1941?
    In that case, let me express my admiration and gratitude for what You have fought shoulder to shoulder with our grandfathers against a common enemy!

And You also play this magnificent game 'Cliffs of Dover'? It is truly a very cool!

Russian award the Medal of Ushakov! I am very pleased that our Government has awarded You, because You really deserve it!

MSI Z270-A Pro DDR4
    DDR4 2×16Gb @2400MHz
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    TrackIR 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

I went browsing on the information provided here and seems that a ceremony took plane at 8 of August of 2014 where Tim and his family

went on to the Russian Ambassador’s residence in Kensington Palace Gardens where Tim was to be awarded the Ushakov Medal, alongside others who took part in the Arctic convoys to Russia in WWII.
    More from the same source

Tim was one of the Hurricane pilots whose aircraft were mounted on catapults for launch against the Focke-Wulf Condor bombers coming out of Germany.
    If its you Tim, please accept my respect from a poorly english speaker (im portuguese) and also let me express my gratitude for your courage.

S!

Source: http://johnelkington.com/2014/08/tim...ushakov-medal/

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    484.9 KB

Because I didn't press 'SAVE'..............live & learn.

Sorry if it's a damp squib after all that.

Tried & tested.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/235796...in/photostream

Tim
    Congrats Tim. Looked like it was quite a day, marking a unique few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I'm sorry to have hijacked this thread, but it did seem relevant at the beginning.
    Having got in this deep, may I clarify a couple of points?

Yes - me. By the Grace of God. And proud to have served with the Regiment in Vaenga.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/23579676@N03/3874063200/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/23579676@N03/3873269583/

Son's blog - I'm afraid that pressure of work has dimmed his memory. Yes, I was on Catapult Merchantmen, but in 1942 and NOT on the Russian run. We did lose some pilots there.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/23579676@N03/3873269487/

Tim
    Last edited by airforce1; Sep-07-2014 at 01:09.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Son's blog - I'm afraid that pressure of work has dimmed his memory. Yes, I was on Catapult Merchantmen, but in 1942 and NOT on the Russian run. We did lose some pilots there.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/23579676@N03/3873269487/...
    Do not worry Tim, no one was fooled by this photo. It is known that You were flying in Vayenga September 7, 1941, taking off from the HMS Argus, and not with the catapult of a merchant ship…

By the way, Andrey Rusavin who knows about You thanks to the forum 2gvsap.org, wrote in his blog NordSky about You quite an extensive article for Russian readers. I have already here once wrote a link to it:
    It will be necessary on occasion to write to him, so that he supplemented his article to the fact that You have been awarded the Russian Medal of Ushakov for fighting in the sky over Murmansk…

MSI Z270-A Pro DDR4
    DDR4 2×16Gb @2400MHz
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    TrackIR 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for that link. My life laid bare!!
    I don't recall sending him all that.
    Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

I'm sorry to have hijacked this thread, but it did seem relevant at the beginning.
    Having got in this deep, may I clarify a couple of points?

Yes - me. By the Grace of God. And proud to have served with the Regiment in Vaenga.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/23579676@N03/3874063200/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/23579676@N03/3873269583/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/23579676@N03/3873269487/

Tim
    Holy Cow

Tim - It's an honor that you are here.

Please make a post in the welcome section of the forum and talk a bit about your background. I'm sure many of the aviation enthusiasts would love to know that you are here.

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Not much to tell, really.
    And the Welcome bit seems to allow only one line. Could you point me in the right direction? I'm not 'up with' this Forum.

I'm here -
    tim@elkington.net

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    754 Bytes

just a short question:

does it work with the lastest version of CoD 4.312 ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast