Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Fusion Update - July 25th 2014 - Tiger Moth

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Team Fusion Update - July 25th 2014 - Tiger Moth

Hello as always on a Friday when most people are out enjoying the sun....and a member of Team Fusion sits in his cupboard under the stairs (without Harry Potter to help!) typing away, without air conditioning to bring news to the Cliffs of Dover fans about some of our latest work in progress

First things first, yes work continues as it always has, but this is the Summer and members of team Fusion will be taking time away for much needed holiday (apologies America...vacations ) so projects and other work have slowed down a little, but they do still continue.

So behind the scenes various work projects continue including new aircraft variants and new aircraft. This is all that is being done on the model front as new ground vehicles are being worked on and others considered for the new theatre that is being prepared. This is very time consuming and as I mention every time and will do for the foreseeable updates Team Fusion really needs 3D modellers to join us to help build the future of the updates. There is a large area to fill with new vehicles, features, buildings, aircraft, cockpits....etc, etc, so if you have the skills to work with 3D modelling software please read the following thread and get in touch:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ad.php?t=11129

This is a community based project and your help could make the difference in our future progress

It's been really impressive watching what some of our guys are doing behind the scenes and the following video shows maybe 1% of the work that is underway and being worked on. Each person has their own special field but we work together to increase the Team knowledge and this then produces the WiP you see in the following video. Hope it gives you a small insight into just how detailed the effort is behind the scenes...and there is so much more that I can't share with you yet...but that's what the updates are for

I'd also like to add that work continues on an Auto-Updater so there will no longer be confusion about update installs and reverting to previous patches. The intention is the updater will see the version you have and update only the files needed for the next version to work. This isn't easy by a long way and it is in the hands of a couple of our team, but the intention is (though no pormises) it will be ready in time for the next big update

One final point. There have been questions about when this is due. Seriously, how long is a piece of string! This isn't fast work, it isn't easy and it is all done by a group of guys in their spare time. We all have 'real' jobs and unlike a team who get paid to sit in a studio/office and work solely on one game, we just don't have that luxury. It will happen when it happens and be sure you will read about it when the time is near.

So, the following shows current work in progress on the Tiger Moth, one of many features to be added as work progresses. Cheers, MP/TF

https://vimeo.com/101716665
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    81.6 KB

Re: Team Fusion Update - July 25th 2014 - Tiger Moth

S!

Nice TF!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

A gun and bomb armed Tiger Moth!!!

For sure this will become my most preferred red fighter plane to fly AND to shoot down. Amazing content, thanks a lot!

About additional 3D modellers: Might it be an idea to post a support request in some 3D modelling forums? Probably, it is not very likely to recruit many new CloD pilots but I would expect that there are (non-professional) modellers who are interested in WW2 and would like to see their own model in a pc game. If you want to I can investigate and make such an attempt in some German 3D modelling forums.
    Last edited by DUI; Jul-25-2014 at 11:40.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Wow....Amazed yet again...So good...

Thanks for this update fellas....It is brilliant...
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Quote Originally Posted by DUI View Post
    A gun and bomb armed Tiger Moth!!!

For sure this will become my most preferred red fighter plane to fly AND to shoot down. Amazing content, thanks a lot!

About additional 3D modellers: Might it be an idea to post a support request in some 3D modelling forums? Probably, it is not very likely to recruit many new CloD pilots but I would expect that there are (non-professional) modellers who are interested in WW2 and would like to see their own model in a pc game. If you want to I can investigate and make such an attempt in some German 3D modelling forums.
    Hi DUI, that would be very much appreciated. There is a huge amount of 3D work to be done and any help would be appreciated in finding new and talented guys who can help

Cheers, MP
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.93 MB

Thanks MP and TF ...

Chief
    SERVING THE ROF AND BOS COMMUNITY

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

OMG gun on a Tiger Moth! AND BOMBS!! I was flying this beauty last night (off line) dreaming of just this. Happiest day of my life. Should open some new possibilities for the creative mission buiders out there! TF you rock!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

A nice detail.

Thank you for the work.

Sokol1

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.69 MB

Here is a short article on Flightglobal.com, additional info about this development of Armed Tiger Moth.

22lg.jpg 20136215_image.jpg

http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchi...0-%200815.html
    http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchi...0-%200816.html

Win11, AMD 3900X, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 12GB, 128GB RAM, 3840x2160 UHD 43", Logitech G940, MFG Crosswind v3, TrackIr4Pro w Delanclip.
    VR: Samsung Odyssey+ (Windows Mixed Reality HMD), 2880x1600px total resolution.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

A Tiger Moth with guns and bombs... hmm the future scenario becomes more obvious?

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Awesome. Really keeping the dream alive guys.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

It's fantastic to see animated models like this imported and working, I really like how the magazines disappear with use!

Spiffing show Team Fusion!

Septic.

P.S. I've googled "learn 3d modelling" again but it boggles my mind.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Great update as usual, MP.

That is going to be fun to fly

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Yes indeed, looking great - thanks for the update!!
    Don B

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K@4.50 ghz | Corsair H100i Cooling System | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Mhz ram | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW|2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD's |NZXT Phantom 820 Case | TM Warthog w/ 7.5cm Ext by Sajah|MFG Crosswinds Pedals|Oculus Rift|Windows 10 64 Bit |

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

This is the only plane I have never flown. That's gonna change. Low swoops on enemy columns gonna be serious fun in this. Maybe some DFs with CR42s. Awsome. Thank u TF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    17.61 MB

Looking really nice fella's!

Thanks for the update
    In the past, aggressive Australian patrols have caused the enemy great embarrassment by unremittingly harassing his line of communications, destroying his dumps, and generally indulging in a "spot of bastardry." – Notes for Platoon & Section Leaders distributed to Allied Land Forces in SouthWest Pacific Area-Operations 1943.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Wink Re: Team Fusion Update - July 25th 2014 - Tiger Moth

Great stuff tf !
    Nice and sweet.
    Does one of tf team working on a spit V or IX ?
    Last edited by implicit A; Jul-26-2014 at 03:56.

core I5 3570K - win 7 64 on SSD - COD & BOS & DCS P51-HUEY-HAWK on SSD - RAM 8,00 Go - GTX 670 - MSFF2 - opentrack -

sweetfx last for BOS :http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/index....attach_id=6340
    sweetfx last for CLOD : http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...3&d=1406627211

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.39 MB

Great add. on red side!

No way You Blue can find us in this one!
    Pretty shure its invisible on radar..
    Map builders, pls if wind added, let it B tailwind

THX TF & Mysticpuma!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    42.93 MB

Super! Can't wait 4 DF in it with CR.42! Huge THXs!
    TG

Manual Creation Group Sandy1942's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Good news! Now the reds will have more assault planes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.77 MB

Brilliant stuff as ever Ive been lucky enough to fly a Tiger Moth in real life and fell in love with it so this will finally get me out of my spitfire for a change

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

It looks great !

I got traumatized by the Tiger Moth after I tried to play the un-patched game tutorial a long time ago.

But it sure looks better now ;)

This nice animation for the reloading of the gun could also be very useful on the Blenny.
    CPU: Intel I5 2500K / MOBO: Asus P8Z68V / GPU: Asus GTX660 2Gb / RAM: Corsair XMS 3 4x4Gb 12800 / OS: W7 Home Premium / SC: Asus Xonar XD / CTL: CH Pro CombatStick+Pedals+Quadrant / HTD: TrackIr 4 Pro / HS: Logitech G35

Spitfire H and V Convergence Excel Calculator : https://goo.gl/g9QRNt
    Hurricane H and V Convergence Excel Calculator : https://goo.gl/ZyClQr

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    907.2 KB

You blokes are dead set magicians.

Love it.

"...pressure is a Messerschmitt up your arse, playing cricket is not."
    - Keith Miller, Australian Test Cricketer, Australian Rules Footballer and WW2 RAAF pilot.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I know that Tiger Moths were used as light bombers by the MVAF in Malaya and Singapore, as well as for anti-submarine patrols early in the war, but adding a gun armament is new to me. Still, it does seem a logical thing to do during the 1940 invasion scare when ANY weapon, however unlikely, would have been used in case of an actual landing by German troops.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by implicit A View Post
    Does one of tf team working on a spit V or IX ?
    There are a number of modern (WWII modern) fighters being worked on for TF 5.0... we are not going to talk about them now.

We showed the Tiger Moth just because the work is generally completed... it was a small project, one which didn't take much time, and which our guys used to practice and refine certain techniques.

It is not the focus of TF 5.0.

Still we think it will be a worthwhile and fun addition to the game. Tiger Moths were armed and ready to be used in the event of a German invasion... as someone else mentioned, they were also used during the invasion of Malaya and the fall of Singapore as reconnaissance aircraft and light bombers.

PS: The natural adversary of the CR42 is the Gladiator. The Tiger Moth would be no match for a CR42.
    Last edited by RAF74_Buzzsaw; Jul-27-2014 at 17:21.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    140.32 MB

Nice!

Don't suppose those bombs could find their way into the empty bomb slots in the blemie could they? Please

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    484.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    ... it was a small project, one which didn't take much time, and which our guys used to practice and refine certain techniques. It is not the focus of TF 5.0.
    This is brilliant!

As such, is there any chance that TF would reconsider and release this aircraft separately from TFMod 5?

Releasing smaller (but compelling) things like this, and the Welly, would keep players interested in the title, while waiting for the big update to come with TF 5, encourages online and offline mission builders, and lessens the risk players will lose interest in CoD and move on, in the long wait between 4.3 and 5. It also keeps your mod team alive and engaged, when they see their work published, and can enjoy the thanks and praise of the community.

One of the mistakes we made/debates we had in the BoB Developers Group was that it took us about a year between major mod updates, due both to the small size of the mod team, and a policy of only making major updates. That meant a lot of work which could have been released, was delayed for the 'big annual patch'. In the meantime, the number of players playing BOB2 dwindled and sure enough, the number of downloads decreased with each patch. As your player base dwindles, it becomes harder and harder to attract talent to your mod team, so it is a self defeating cycle.

I don't speak for the whole BDG in any sense, but in hindsight we might have done it differently, releasing smaller sound and graphic mods, or new flyables separately, but more frequently, and keeping most of the big bug fixes and improvements, for the major yearly patch.

You will have more than enough bug fixes and content for TF 5.0 if you just came with a new theatre and relevant objects for it. You could then release smaller sound, graphic and individual flyables separately in the meantime to keep interest alive until then. Keeping up a solid news flow, ideally by releasing meaningful new content, is a powerful tool for keeping your community alive.

For your consideration... I just hate to see others make the same mistakes I/we made and I can't help feeling you are going down the same (wrong) road.

H
    Last edited by heinkill; Jul-28-2014 at 13:24.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    33.38 MB

Last edited by nacy; Jul-28-2014 at 14:00.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

There are a number of modern (WWII modern) fighters being worked on for TF 5.0... we are not going to talk about them now.

thanks for that and ALL that Wip.
    Making our dream reallity....
    dreams will be a great time but TF 5 Release Day will be like the D- DAY !!!

core I5 3570K - win 7 64 on SSD - COD & BOS & DCS P51-HUEY-HAWK on SSD - RAM 8,00 Go - GTX 670 - MSFF2 - opentrack -

sweetfx last for BOS :http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/index....attach_id=6340
    sweetfx last for CLOD : http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...3&d=1406627211

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

But please tell us some weeks in advance when 5.0 will be released so i can plan my holidays.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast