Thread: All about SweetFX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

All about SweetFX

SweetFX is one of those "Mystical" things that many of us are reluctant to try. In my quest to improve my CLoD visual experience, I stumbled upon this sight that explains it and uses many actual screenshots to reinforce all the technical talk.

http://delightlylinux.wordpress.com/...-shader-suite/

I recommend it highly. It has separate links to all the different features of SweetFX.
    Last edited by Baffin; Aug-01-2014 at 09:31.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: All about SweetFX

Thanks for this, Fidget.

Thread stickied.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

Does this work with Cliffs of Dover? I thought it was not compatable with the game's new AA.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by =FI=Murph View Post
    Does this work with Cliffs of Dover? I thought it was not compatable with the game's new AA.

Works fine with the new in-game FXAA. Doesn't like the windows update KB2670838, which comes with IE10.

Septic.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

Good to know. I have gotten rid of that update, and I don't use IE anyways, and don't have version 10 installed.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.39 MB

From review and test/play, I have found that a sweet spot with SweetFX is the ensure SMAA is enabled, and use it complemented with Nvidia's FXAA only.

This is it, all other AA variants found in Nvidia/Inspector are off, including CLOD ingame AA. With SweetFX SMAA and Nvidia FXAA only, CLOD appears to look best for my rig with stellar FPS numbers and good contact dot spotting. Annoying distant shimmer is quite reduced and I can fly for long time without eye weirdness. Note I am running triplehead thus not using downsampling (manual or DSR).

~S~
    wind

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

How much frame-rate hit comes with using SweetFX or other injector? I have i7-3770 and GTX 760

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    49.77 MB

has someone come around to making his own preset?

HDR gives me lovely lighting, color and contrast, but unfortunately the horizon is just an intense Fog of war. I turned it off again because it was too annoying.
    I basically left it at vibrance on and lumasharpen on. Bloom is terrible, the clouds looked like whipped cream, save for the edged.
    ASUS Maximus VII HERO, i7 4790k@4GHz, eVGA GTX 980SC, 650W be quiet! Dark Power pro 10, 128GB SSD Samsung 850 pro

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.08 GB

Hi guys. Good to see some other fellows obsessed with visuals.

I have a custom SweetFX that I use on EVERY GAME. It's ONLY to enhance what's already there. It shouldn't change the original art at all.
    I plan to test it with CoD in the next 24 hours, and if it works, I'll post a dropbox download here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Sounds good Dustin...

Please Keep us updated on what you find....~S~
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.08 GB

Well, I've gotten it half working, but the menus get artifacts for some reason. I've never seen that with SweetFX.

I'm about to try running it with the OpenGL wrapper. Unless I am dumber than I thought, CLoD is a 32bit exe, right?

I'm also looking for confs.ini tweaks. There's some settings in there that I don't recognize and have no idea what they're for, nor do I know the maximum accepted values.

I searched for some, but they're all performance tweaks, and not quality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    49.77 MB

keep us posted!
    I'd love to see a preset that works.
    ASUS Maximus VII HERO, i7 4790k@4GHz, eVGA GTX 980SC, 650W be quiet! Dark Power pro 10, 128GB SSD Samsung 850 pro

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Removed with apology.
    Last edited by Baffin; Mar-30-2016 at 08:18. Reason: SweetFX confused with FXAA feature
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Hi Gents

New version RESHADE compatible with IL-2 Cliffs.
    The reshade uses features sweet fx by Ceejay and others
    Fixed issue main menu and map menu when IL-2 Cliffs online.

The link bellow:
    http://reshade.me/

video tutorial here:
    https://youtu.be/2tOs3ilY7Nw

[]`s

Ecosta

15. Likes ATAG_Bliss liked this post
    Dislikes Mastiff disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

A new version of ReShade (v 3.0.3) is a major update of this utility. It is used while you have the game running and is nothing short of splendid!

Simply install it, and once in the game, press CTRL+F2 to start the tutorial. Changes are instantaneous.

Download it here:

http://reshade.me/

EDIT (20161028): When it works, it's great. It always works well the first time I start up after booting the computer. But, on my system, I sometimes get a launcher fail from which there is no recovery when I leave the game while using DeBander (The only thing I use). Computer restart is my best remedy.

I've removed the reshade added files from the game directory and everything has returned to normal, with rings around the sun again. Be forewarned...
    Last edited by Baffin; Nov-02-2016 at 09:19.

17. Likes ATAG_Septic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

ReShader v 3.0.4 has just been released! All my restart problems above have been solved.

I Restarted 7 times during actual game play with no problems at all.
    Last edited by Baffin; Nov-02-2016 at 09:19.

19. Likes ATAG_Septic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    49.77 MB

Trying to get Reshade 3.0.6 tu run with the game, it's not working.
    It says 44 aspects still need to be compiled at the beginning but that window cuts out in the main menu and nothing happens anymore.
    Do I just have to be more patient?

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    700.64 MB

When you install it just add the shaders that you use. If you add all of them you'll get huge loading time in the game.

Inviato dal mio Moto G (4) utilizzando Tapatalk

22. Likes Baffin liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.65 GB

this is confusing what do next after downloading its asking for a game then check direct x 8 9 10 or open gl then its asking if i want to download effects what doi check or uncheck or do i even download them effects

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    75.70 MB

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.98 MB

Quote Originally Posted by cheech420 View Post
    this is confusing what do next after downloading its asking for a game then check direct x 8 9 10 or open gl then its asking if i want to download effects what doi check or uncheck or do i even download them effects
    Check this: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...-cod/?p=455987

www.yoyosims.pl

Win 10 64, i9 13900kf, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2 VR res.2600x2548pxt

26. Likes Bart_NL liked this post