Thread: Huge FPS hit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Huge FPS hit.

Guys, I and my teammates are experiencing huge FPS hits over the allies ships, in fact it has caused several lock up as well. It is worse than what we have seen in the past while fighting over cities where there is a lot of flak, I am wondering if the ships can be spread out or if there is some way to mitigate the issue?

Thanks

JD
    AKA_MattE

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: Huge FPS hit.

It may be the flak; I've recently been doing a lot of low level patrols with fellow Red pilots with no frame rate probs. (Basically at wavetop level to better see incoming E.A. specks in the low pre-dawn gloom).

Haven't encountered framerate hits as you describe in the few direct encounters with friendly flak exploding all around, but admittedly it's only single enemy aircraft coming in low with the occasional high 109 overhead: lower graphical loading than your situation I would bet.

Thanks for the heads up on this. Probably no major changes will be done to the ship spreads before the upcoming patch. Bears watching, though, per your report.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

This is certainly happening while there are lots of aircraft in the area, and no doubt that is exasperating the issue, however this seems worse than what was happening over Mansgate and other cities where good size furballs were happening and there was flak. The reason I mention Mansgate is because with the old map which had 2 objective targets, 2 airfields and three towns in close proximity there were FPS issues, but it was not as bad as what I have been experiencing over the allied ships, maybe more smaller AAA guns? If you have ships plus Flak and over 5 planes we are getting single digit frames and lock ups.

There is a lot of hope riding on this patch!

JD
    AKA_MattE

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Hi Matt,

I haven't really experienced any FPS loss, but I also stopped monitoring FPS on this game long ago lol.

I can easily spread the ships out a bit, but remember, that will also make it harder to defend them! :Grin:

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Dutch

I've not experienced this on either side of the channel whilst overflying the ships in isolation.

Usually my course outward bound overflies the British ships, and then I go bomb something.

The issue to me seems to be how many a/c are overflying the ships and maybe dogfighting/bombing at the same time. If the ships are mobile, I'd presume this adds to the load. But of course I'm rubbish with this stuff, so could be talking absolute bollox.

But similar to the furball situations, I'm sure the number of moving objects can lead to lock-ups for some.

Layperson's tuppenny worth (2 cents). :uhoh

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
    Hi Matt,

I haven't really experienced any FPS loss, but I also stopped monitoring FPS on this game long ago lol.

I can easily spread the ships out a bit, but remember, that will also make it harder to defend them! :Grin:
    Bliss, basically our frames are going down to single digits, and then locking some of us up. The reason I find it strange is that the same kind of activity over Mansgate a month ago (or so) would not cause nearly this much of an issue for most of the squad and was not really an issue at all for my rig. I think there is something about the ships with the flack and a good number of aircraft all in close proximity that is a problem.

Thanks

JD
    AKA_MattE

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.93 MB

Only in the interest of comparing notes here, Myself and two other new Wings friends were flying out og Manton yesterday and everything was going fine till a pair of 109 entered the airspace there. I gave chance to one and, not to brag, was getting close just out over the sea. But then we crossed to land and my frame rates dropped from about 50 to 7 real quick. One of my friends was experiencing low frame rates too. The other one froze up and got dropped.

I do not remember the time and I did not report it (I will in the future) because we experiance things like this every now and then consider things I guess it's to be expected. Once I broke off peruit and passed back over the sea I was able to recover enough to land.
    SERVING THE ROF AND BOS COMMUNITY

Veteran Combat pilot MajorBorris's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

The ships themselves cause me no fps but throw in any of the other factors that affect online gameplay and I can have massive fps hits just from one enimy plane on my 6 anywhere on the map while Im in my Ju88. Flying arround the smoke is a big one too.
    ASUS Sabertooth MB--Intel 2600k@4.7--EVGA GTX580 3GB--Corasir 1200 watt psu--Corsair 16gb 1833--Corsair H70 cooler--Corsair 650d case--OCZ Vertex 3--Track IR5--CH Eclipse Yoke--CH Trottle Quadrant--CH MFP--CH Rudders

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Yes, I am getting the normal FPS hits as well, but the new card has more than made those tolerable. It just seems the combo of ships, planes and AAA to be a real show stopper, however I have to say since some people dont have a problem I wonder if it has something to do with when you arrive over the ships, where the planes that show up later take a big FPS hit?

JD
    AKA_MattE