Thread: First skin and some questions

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

First skin and some questions

Hey guys!
    I made a basic skin just to throw the JG51 emblem on and place some victory marks on the tail. At this moment the victory marks are oddly correct.
    I have done skins for the original IL-2 but it has been quite a few years now. I wanted to start out very simple and then work into more complex stuff. I don't have Paint Shop Pro anymore so I find Microsoft Paint limits me quite a bit.
    The victory marks were by far the most frustrating as I was taking a single bar and lining it up and placing it. Couldn't find how to select the bar to move it once placed so I restarted until I got all 8 on both sides correct lol.

Here is my first skin:

vTq4XYO.jpg
    Click image to enlarge

My question is how do I upload the skin for others to use? All the free image websites limit the size and therefore make it impossible for me to upload.

Thanks,
    David625

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Re: First skin and some questions

Hi David,

Just zip up the skin file and attach it to your post. There's really no need to have it displayed in the JPEG type format on the forum. That way others can drag and drop the file into their skin folder. We have the upload limit set very high to allow for this sort of thing.

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

..Or if you want to have the skin downloadable for any website then upload it to a free filesharing site and post the link to the download...I use Mediafire....Its hassle free and straight forward...I've been using it for years

http://www.mediafire.com/
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

The Airwarfare site is a good place to upload full sized skins if you want to share them with the flight sim community. I think it is run by the 'Mission4today' site (for the old 1946/Forgotten Battles game). You can upload screenshots too:

http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php/...egory/10-skins

Registration is free.

Cheers.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for all the help guys! I used Mediafire as I needed it to be downloadable from other websites as well!

Here is the download link for those interested: http://www.mediafire.com/view/cdbmhx.../JG51_real.bmp

6. Likes SD_MBen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Is there somewhere that I can find the exact steps in small words for getting a skin from download to airplane without setting my machine on fire - I can hold my own in the air but this computer stuff makes my head explode - the response to be helpful would have to be something like "right click on this, move the picture to such and such a location, etc." any assistance would be greatly appreciated -

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    160.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Zcheapeso View Post
    Various organizations provide you tremendous Runescape Gold selections of tracking systems so you can choose anyone as per your need.While purchasing any observe if you are not acquainted with Runescape 3 Gold types or uses then seek advice from with professional so that you can create right choice for it. If you are looking for the top purveyors of the temperature systems then TempGenius is right place.
    spambot alert