Thread: AlacrityPC (used to be called FSAutoStart) by Ken Salter

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.58 MB

AlacrityPC (used to be called FSAutoStart) by Ken Salter

I don't know if this should be in here, or in the Tech Section. Mod to move please as required. Thanks.

During my XP days I used to use a Program written by Ken Salter called FSAutoStart. This was subsequently re-written and called AlacrityPC. It is written in C# .NET 2.0.

The author Ken Salter, doesn't seem to support the software anymore. However, it still works.

AlacrityPC was primarily released for Windows XP, and Windows Vista Users. But I can quite happily state that it works with Windows 7. I don't have Windows 8, so don't know if it will work on the OS.

AlacrityPC is a utility designed to help you get the most performance out of your computer when running resource intensive applications, like modern games. It does this by shutting down unnecessary services and programs before starting your application. When you finish your application, those services and programs can be automatically restarted.

AlacrityPC also provides some additional optimizations, like memory defragmenting, removing your desktop background, shutting down the desktop shell and Vista Sidebar, and forcing background tasks to execute. You can automatically start additional programs like Teamspeak, TSN, TrackIR etc before the main game starts.

You can make multiple profiles, for different games (you tell Alacrity where the game executable is).

I have used this program for gaming for years, but I have never heard it mentioned anywhere. Maybe this utility was lost in antiquity. If you own a borderline rig to play CoD. This may help you run the game that much better. You have nothing to loose by giving it a go, and everything to gain.

Alactrity configuration guide:

http://snomhf.exofire.net/alacrityPC.html

Where to download (if you don't like this download link, just do a Google search for AlacrityPC (or Ken Salter):

http://sourceforge.net/projects/alacritypc/

For Tips on what you can safely Stop/Re-Start here is Black Vipers Guide to Windows 7 SP1 (There are other iterations of Windows there too, you will have to search for them though):

http://www.blackviper.com/service-co...onfigurations/

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Re: AlacrityPC (used to be called FSAutoStart) by Ken Salter

Excellent post

Hopefully this can help those with older or low end PCs. Stickied!

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    140.32 MB

Re: AlacrityPC (used to be called FSAutoStart) by Ken Salter

I use Razer Game Booster, sounds like it dose the same thing. Just dont use the FPS display tool, it messes with the spawn map and menu options when playing CLod.