Thread: Bf-110 attacking Wellington formation (offline)

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Bf-110 attacking Wellington formation (offline)

Hi everyone,

A month or so ago i did an offline sortie against a Wellington formation using diving beam attacks as discussed in this thread.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...attack+bombers

I modified one of the pre-made stock missions to replace the 109 with the 110 and removed some Spitfire and Defiants - the rest is pretty much unchanged i think.

I've recently figured out how to do the screen capture / making movie thing - i hope - and decided to use the track i saved of these attacks as my first movie.

I'm still experimenting with OBS and Windonw Movie Maker etc and all feedback appreciated.

My next movie which I will upload shortly is an on-line 1 v 1 against a Spitfire from yesterday.

Ezzie

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    163.3 KB

Re: Bf-110 attacking Wellington formation (offline)

Nice vid, mate. A bit suicidal, given you're a lone hitter, but nice in the end.

Your manouver is what I used to call 'to make the $': in other words, bombers follow the usual straight path to their objective and you cross their trajectory to fire laterally and down them. Much better results are attainable, naturally, if you coordinate the attack within a 'schwarm' or even a 'rotte' to disconcentrate the defensive fire on just one attacker: you . And if you dive on the bombers from a few hundred meters above, you can strafe their wings from one tip the the other, with a little luck, using your pedals. That would become the '3D $' .

AA_Engadin.
    Reality is everything that happens when you run out of battery. But it also can be an alteration of the perception due to a forced lack of alcohol, though. Should both coincide in time, a plan B is compulsory to overcome a deadly overdose of reality.

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Re: Bf-110 attacking Wellington formation (offline)

Thanks for the reply Engadin.

I agree re your comments about better results if there are more attackers to distract the gunners. Can get very dangerous if there is only 1 attacker against a formation.

Thanks

Ezzie