Thread: How fast can one side change a map?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

How fast can one side change a map?

Yesterday evening a bunch of people gathered on Axis vs allied ATAG server in order to train for a test they planned to carry out.

How far one side can win a map?

No.310 plans to test it next Sunday asking some other Czech/Slovak squads from both sides to take part.

The event is open for all of course, ATAG is a public server. Everybody is welcomed. The stronger opposition the better.

Our question is: Could ATAG admins launch The Battle of Dunkirk map at 20:00 CEST (i.e. 19:00 BST - GMT+1; 2 PM US Eastern Time) next Sunday?. So that all would know when the test starts exactly?

Thanks for the response.
    Last edited by 310_cibule; Sep-22-2014 at 10:48.
    http://www.311raf.com/images/signature/sigsmall_Cibule.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Re: How fast can one side change a map?

I can contribute on the bomberside, both sides so just say where and I be there

Veteran Combat pilot 3./JG51_Heiden's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

You can bet I'll be there to destroy the 310 squadron. Wear your flak jackets. :-(
    Oblt. Jochen Heiden
    3./Jagdgeschwader 51
    162 Confirmed Kills - "Ace In A Day" Club Member

HARDWARE:
    - i7 2600k @ 4.6GHz
    - 16gig DDR3-1600
    - Intel 128GB SSD
    - MSI GTX 660ti 2GB OC'd

Check out my Youtube Channel for great videos of aircraft destruction and Bf-109 training instruction!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCou...QRue1omZ-INlag

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Operation Dynamo (evacuation of Dunkirk) is a good map to try a fast turn, as two of the Allied objectives can be eliminated by fighter strafing action alone, and it takes only about 2-4 Blenheim loads to destroy each of the other two objectives. Given cross-Channel flight times to Axis targets from England, theoretically it could be done in about 20-25 minutes without effective fighter opposition. In contrast, Dynamo's a tough map for the Axis to win unless they knock out Oye Plage very early on to eliminate on-the-spot RAF fighter support, IMHO.
    71st_AH_RebelSqurl

"Those who cannot relinquish the comfort of their own hate, damn only themselves in the end."

Intel i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40 GHz | 2GB GeForce GTX 760 | 16GB DDR3-1866 DIMM | Win 10 | VKB Gladiator joystick

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

But....Oye Plage only has Hurricanes.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz