Thread: Triple Screens

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Triple Screens

Hiya Guys

I have just setup a triple screen display for my gaming and wondered if it`s possible to play Cliffs with 3 screens?

If so how do I set it up.

Thanks for your help.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.39 MB

Re: Triple Screens

I have it running on three screens. Basically if using nvidia, set the left screen as primary.
    Then regarding your ...\iCSoftClub\il2... - MOD\conf.ini file, update as follows:

Code:
    width=xxxxxxxxxxxx
    height=xxxxxxxxxxx
    DrawIfNotFocused=0
    SaveAspect=0
    FullScreen=0
    ChangeScreenRes=0
    Set width and height for what ever your resolution is for your triple head setup.

Additionally, I recommend using a black background for your desktop (no image). Ensure all your desktop icons are places away from bottom or edges of screen. Also, use "auto hide" task bar.

~S~
    wind

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks very much Wind.

~S~

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I now have this setup and its working pretty well. However there is one issue I have.

I`m using the 3 "zoom" levels (which I think are the default ones) - when I switch to standard zoom (furthest away from the gunsight), and when I switch to half zoom, the image on the centre screen is great, but the images on the 2 outer screens seem stretched. But when I switch to full zoom (right up to the gunsight) then all 3 images look fine. Am I missing some tweak here, or is that just the way it is?

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Mancspartan View Post
    I now have this setup and its working pretty well. However there is one issue I have.

I`m using the 3 "zoom" levels (which I think are the default ones) - when I switch to standard zoom (furthest away from the gunsight), and when I switch to half zoom, the image on the centre screen is great, but the images on the 2 outer screens seem stretched. But when I switch to full zoom (right up to the gunsight) then all 3 images look fine. Am I missing some tweak here, or is that just the way it is?

Cheers
    That's the way it is, every game I've played the outer screens are stretched, except iRacing which renders each screen separately (3 cameras, one for each screen) and of course that takes a lot more graphics card horsepower. It's an FOV thing which you have noticed already when zoomed in fully vs out.

One benefit however in CLoD is that sometimes it's easier to pick up targets in the side monitors

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Osiris. It was playing iRacing that made me pick up on this. It`s quite a strange feeling playing with 3 screens, but as I`m getting more used to it there is quite a feeling of being sat in the cockpit.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.39 MB

With the CLOD triplehead, has anyone who is using it been able to get top notch image quality? When I ran a single monitor, I used downsampling to get a really nice, clear, CLOD picture from all distances (no shimmer, tight visuals, and all around pleasurable experience to look at). With the triple head, the option to downsample was lost, and now I have to employ SMAA via SweetFX and FXAA to obtain decent image quality with good FPS. The picture is not bad in the pit, but outside, especially when low or on the ground is pretty bad with shimmer and other graphical loss artifacts when looking at the distance across, say an airfield.

Basically, I am running with all Nvidia AA and ingame AA off including transparent AA. Only SweetFX SMAA ultimate and Nvidia FXAA is used.

Thoughts?

Note, perhaps this thread could be a place to document community settings for those running multiple screen display of CLOD.

~S~
    wind

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Cheers
    I have rotated my screens to "Portrait" aspect, then reset the Surround 2D. No more distortion, and the increased vertical space dramatically improves the feel of flight. Checking 6 is much easier.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Mindle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    911.26 MB

Triple Screens

Cheers
    The 70 deg pre set is the 'proper' cockpit default. 30 deg is close in zoom and the 90 deg pre set is much too wide and un-realistically far back and so you get a 'fish eye' effect. This would explain the stretching of the image around the edge. It does the same on a single screen. Use 70 deg as your normal cockpit setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Windows 10 64-bit; Intel Core i5-4670K @ 3.4 GHz Processor; 16.0 GB RAM; NVIDIA GTX970; TM Warthog HOTAS; MFG Crosswinds; Track IR5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Fidget I'm very interested in seeing the photo of 3 vertical screens showing a cockpit image for reference...
    can you upload one??

Can someone put a photo of the screens horizontally? to compare them?

PS sounds crazy but is it possible to have the lateral ones horizontal and the center one vertical?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by EAF51_Jimmi View Post
    Fidget I'm very interested in seeing the photo of 3 vertical screens showing a cockpit image for reference...
    can you upload one??

PS sounds crazy but is it possible to have the lateral ones horizontal and the center one vertical?
    Check the cockpits thread for triple wide Landscape displays. I'll post a triple portrait next time I get the camera out.
    Last edited by Baffin; Jan-19-2015 at 12:44.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

can you upload one??

3xPortrait Screens.jpg TM Joystick_029 edited.JPG

Left pic is looking aft left...
    Nvidia 2D Surround requires identical screen resolutions on all screens. The small screen on the right is attached to a separate computer.
    Last edited by Baffin; Jan-19-2015 at 12:45.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

WOW !!!
    both very beautiful!
    so wich one is working better???

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

WOW !!!
    both very beautiful!
    so wich one is working better???
    The 3x portrait view is better for me. The field of view corresponds very closely with my physical limits with no head movement. In other words, My peripheral vision correctly sees (In focus) the edges of the screen without moving my head. With the 3x Landscape, head movement was necessary and the edges went slightly out of focus using my prescription reading glasses because of the increased distance.

My seating distance is 18 inches from my screen. (Single pixel resolution distance) I strongly believe that this distance optimizes the view on any screen. It is the distance at which you can clearly perceive the "Grid" upon which the pixels are displayed. Obviously this is different for each player.

The bezels (frames) look like they would interfere with the view (especially the 3x portrait), but during game play, they are somehow completely ignored. I guess the human optical system blots them out much as when viewing a picture in the museum. All you see is the art... the brain ignores the frame.

When switching between resolutions, a desktop icon manager is a must. I use freeware "DesktopOK" available through a quick search on Google, etc.
    Last edited by Baffin; Jan-21-2015 at 09:54.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I tried in the Nvidea control panel, very complicated and all I did was mess up my default screen settings.
    If any one can give me easier step by step instructions (small brain) I would be grateful.
    Much prefer the simple setting up triple screens in P3D and SFSX.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    508.11 MB

If you are using a graphics card with three outputs its pretty simple, use the Configure Surround option in Nvidia Control panel and it will set your three monitors as one and you can use the bevel correction option to compensate for the edges of the monitors. Clod should pick up the new resolution in the options menu
    DSC_0203.jpg

17. Likes ATAG_Pattle, Baffin liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by =Devlin= View Post
    If you are using a graphics card with three outputs its pretty simple, use the Configure Surround option in Nvidia Control panel and it will set your three monitors as one and you can use the bevel correction option to compensate for the edges of the monitors. Clod should pick up the new resolution in the options menu
    DSC_0203.jpg
    Thanks for your reply.but I can not make sense of the control panel shows only 2 screens in conifigure surround
    option, all I do is mess up my default monitor settings help file just confuses me sorry
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    508.11 MB

In the set up surround window, check all three monitors and set it to 1x3

setup.jpg

20. Likes ATAG_Snapper, BlacKnight liked this post