Thread: Thanks everybody ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks everybody ..

.. for not laughing derisively at some of my stupid questions. Today when I asked a question about config files, I was a asked if I saw Default on loadout. Default? went looking for it and found that I was saving my "custom configs" the wrong way. I really appreciate your patience, seriously. In the old days at UBI zoo us new pilots were shouted out of the building with "NOOOOOB."
    You don't stop playing because you grow old - you grow old because you stopped playing.

i7 980 @ 3.33 GHz (12 CPUs), Win 7 64-bit, 12 Gig DDR3, Gigabyte GTX 480 4 Gig, Corsair AX1200 PSU, CH Combatstick, CH Pedals, CH Quadrant, Track IR5. Upgrading to a GTX 680 when the wife blinks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

Re: Thanks everybody ..

NOOOOOOB

sorry Canuck if I didn't somebody else would have :Grin:

Heaven, I've already served my time in Hell!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    12.34 MB

It's like trying to teach a new dog old tricks....wait.... :doh!:

:bgsmile:
    Celer, Silens, Mortalis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Knuckles View Post
    NOOOOOOB

sorry Canuck if I didn't somebody else would have :Grin:
    Yep noob forever .. even in the CFS 2 days. The complexity is what keeps me coming back. [good one ~Deacon].
    You don't stop playing because you grow old - you grow old because you stopped playing.

i7 980 @ 3.33 GHz (12 CPUs), Win 7 64-bit, 12 Gig DDR3, Gigabyte GTX 480 4 Gig, Corsair AX1200 PSU, CH Combatstick, CH Pedals, CH Quadrant, Track IR5. Upgrading to a GTX 680 when the wife blinks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Canuck View Post
    .. for not laughing derisively at some of my stupid questions. Today when I asked a question about config files, I was a asked if I saw Default on loadout. Default? went looking for it and found that I was saving my "custom configs" the wrong way. I really appreciate your patience, seriously. In the old days at UBI zoo us new pilots were shouted out of the building with "NOOOOOB."
    :hpyclp::hpyclp:

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.93 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Canuck View Post
    Now you got this old pilot wondering ...... Tell me what you learned about Default .... chances are that I might not know ...... :blush!:
    SERVING THE ROF AND BOS COMMUNITY

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefRedCloud View Post
    Now you got this old pilot wondering ...... Tell me what you learned about Default .... chances are that I might not know ...... :blush!:
    You probably already know. Bliss straightened me out on it today. Default in weapons loadout has nothing to do with the configs in plane/options. Tomorrow I'll find a new way to screw it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I hate NOOB, just another derisory name calling to stop people wanting to play a game and put people down. Normally used by 12 year olds or blokes with small ineffective sexual organs.

Veteran Combat pilot MajorBorris's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Old_Canuck View Post
    Yep noob forever .. even in the CFS 2 days. The complexity is what keeps me coming back. [good one ~Deacon].
    CFS2, ahh those were the days
    ASUS Sabertooth MB--Intel 2600k@4.7--EVGA GTX580 3GB--Corasir 1200 watt psu--Corsair 16gb 1833--Corsair H70 cooler--Corsair 650d case--OCZ Vertex 3--Track IR5--CH Eclipse Yoke--CH Trottle Quadrant--CH MFP--CH Rudders

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.93 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Peaveywolf View Post
    I hate NOOB, just another derisory name calling to stop people wanting to play a game and put people down. Normally used by 12 year olds or blokes with small ineffective sexual organs.
    Does that count if we call our selves one?:pouting:
    SERVING THE ROF AND BOS COMMUNITY

Dutch

'Noob' doesn't bother me at all. Strange and overused American euphemism anyway.

'Twonk' I like. 'Plank', 'Toss-Pot' and 'Prune' are useful. None of these imply any lack of sexual potency or otherwise as far as I'm aware, though. In either the user or the recipient. But I could be wrong. :uhoh

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Dutch View Post
    'Noob' doesn't bother me at all. Strange and overused American euphemism anyway.

'Twonk' I like. 'Plank', 'Toss-Pot' and 'Prune' are useful. None of these imply any lack of sexual potency or otherwise as far as I'm aware, though. In either the user or the recipient. But I could be wrong. :uhoh
    Good and useful words there Dutch.

When things get heated I like "Twollock", being labelled a "Twollock" is benign yet undeniably derogatory. It's a versatile word "Twollock" as you can add an 's' for a more general exasperation, sometimes preceded with a "Chuffin", to make " Chuffin Twollocks".

Septic.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Dutch

Is 'Chuffin' Twollocks' a distant relative of my old friend 'Betty Swallocks' or do they rhyme coincidentally? :inq:

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Is 'Chuffin' Twollocks' a distant relative of my old friend 'Betty Swallocks' or do they rhyme coincidentally? :inq:
    Far removed cousins maybe but I did once know a sweaty Betty but she talked nothing but chuffin twollocks.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefRedCloud View Post
    Does that count if we call our selves one?:pouting:
    Heh,no because anyone who can see their own downfalls is man enough

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

All good English words, with a sense of humour. Noob is almost always said maliciously

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Septic View Post
    Far removed cousins maybe but I did once know a sweaty Betty but she talked nothing but chuffin twollocks.
    Sweaty Betty, I know that song

Dutch

Ah, The Macc Lads, now those were the days........:laugh1

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I believe I may still have a couple of their CDs, hidden so the children can't play them by mistake. Used to live in Congleton, and the amount of trains that used to pass through the station with 'Macc Lads' sprayed on the back of them!

On a good day you can still hear the rumble of the Merlin flying overhead.