Thread: London Rust target deck - for Blue

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

London Rust target deck - for Blue

To aid in locating tgts on the London Rust map attached are 1 x image per tgt. Hopefully this will help players find the tgts.

Railroads tgts for Blue to attack

Slide2.JPG

Slide3.JPG

Slide4.JPG

Slide5.JPG

Bridges for Blue to attack

Slide6.JPG

Slide7.JPG

Slide8.JPG

Slide9.JPG

Slide10.JPG

Slide11.JPG

Slide12.JPG

Allied tank parks

Slide13.JPG

Slide14.JPG

Slide15.JPG
    Last edited by ATAG_Ezzie; Nov-21-2014 at 23:34.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Re: London Rust target deck - for Blue

There is mistake with grid and briefing.
    For example
    Crowborough Railyard
    Brief - AQ23.6
    In game - AP23

Need to check all other targets for both sides

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    167.36 MB

Hi Ezzie,

your target pics are a great role model how a reconnaissance photo should look like. I like the old photo style of PanTast recon pics as well, but your picture combination of map, high-/low -altitude and detail is perfect. Thx!
    Last edited by HenryLuebberstedt; Sep-07-2016 at 17:08.
    System: i7-6700K, MSI Nvidia 1070GTX, 16GB RAM, Gigabyte GA-Z170 K3, Win10 64Bit, TrackIR5, HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Sennheiser 350 Headset, LG 34' 21:9

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HenryLuebberstedt View Post
    Hi Ezzie,

your target pics are a great role model how a reconnaissance photo should look like. I like the old photo style of PanTast recon pics as well, but your picture combination of map, high-/low -altitude and detail are perfect. Thx!
    Thanks for the nice feedback Henry. Been a while since I made them but I will probably do something similar if/when I do another mission on the new map once it's been released.

Ezzie

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Realy nice Ezzie - thank you.

The Final Push mission seems to be missing recon and the descriptions are pretty vague too.............hint hint.....

I second Henry's comments.

Regards

BOO
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Boosterdog View Post
    Realy nice Ezzie - thank you.

The Final Push mission seems to be missing recon and the descriptions are pretty vague too.............hint hint.....

I second Henry's comments.

Regards

BOO
    No probs Boo - glad u liked them.

Ezzie

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    167.36 MB

Hm, there is something fishy in this mission.

I destroyed Tonbridge Road Bridge and got no success message. And yes, I'm sure it was the right bridge
    I destroyed Lewes Road Bridge an got no success massage either. And yes, I'm sure it was the right one.
    Most of the target grids are completely wrong .
    Ingame mission briefing set two tank park as targets, this briefing talks about three.

I like the idea of small targets but as a bomber jockey its extremely frustrating to find and destroy these targets and get no server feedback.
    cheers
    henry
    Last edited by HenryLuebberstedt; Jan-15-2017 at 12:37.
    System: i7-6700K, MSI Nvidia 1070GTX, 16GB RAM, Gigabyte GA-Z170 K3, Win10 64Bit, TrackIR5, HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Sennheiser 350 Headset, LG 34' 21:9

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Hi Henry,

I was flying on London Ruft on Sunday morning your time yesterday and i think u were on. I saw 2 x destroyed messages for Tunbridge #1 and #2 come up on my screen - not sure why u didnt see them.

The briefing on the ATAG forum is from the first version of Ruft. Freya and I made a lot of changes/fixes to this mission during its development and thus some of the info is no longer accurate - sorry. Fot instance in its first version there were tgts way down near the Isle of Wright but we removed all of them as msny players felt the mission was too broad geographically especially when player numbers were low.

We updated the in game briefing as we modified the mission but i didnt think to modify this thread - i wasnt sure how many people ever used it. Sorry for the confusion.

Ezzie

9. Likes HenryLuebberstedt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    167.36 MB

Hi Ezzie,

thanks for your fast answer! Yes that was me this morning. I hit both Tunbridge Wells bridges and went for Tonbridge afterwards. I bombed the roadbridge there (see screenshot). Or was this the wrong one?
    Tunbridge.jpg

Then I flew to Lewes to take care about the brigde there. There a two bridges in Lewes one road- and one rail bridge. As far as I understand the road bridge is the target, isn't it?
    lewes bridge.jpg

Thx for updating the mission!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Hi Henry,

Its been so long since i made this mission i cant recall the specifi details. If i get time this week i will open up the FMB and take a look.

Im not sure how visible they are but the tgts have trucks parked under them. These are the triggers so when you hit the bridge the truck should also blow up and that triggers the tgt destroyed script and message etc. also the tgts have flak around them. If u cant see the truck and arent getting shot at then chances are u have the wrong tgt.

Hope this helps

Ezzie

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    167.36 MB

Quote Originally Posted by III./ZG76_Ezzie View Post
    Im not sure how visible they are but the tgts have trucks parked under them. These are the triggers so when you hit the bridge the truck should also blow up and that triggers the tgt destroyed script and message etc. also the tgts have flak around them. If u cant see the truck and arent getting shot at then chances are u have the wrong tgt.
    How mean!

Maybe one of those "mean" triggers is also set at Battle Artillery Factory (Raiders Map). One day I'm able to knock off the building with four well aimed 250 SC, another day I dropped my whole loadout on that damned building and nothing happens.

But anyway thanks al lot for checking, Ezzie!
    Last edited by HenryLuebberstedt; Jan-16-2017 at 06:41.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    353.11 MB

Quote Originally Posted by HenryLuebberstedt View Post
    How mean!

Maybe one of those "mean" triggers is also set at Battle Artillery Factory (Raiders Map). One day I'm able to knock off the building with four well aimed 250 SC, another day I dropped my whole loadout on that damned building and nothing happens.

But anyway thanks al lot for checking, Ezzie!
    Henry I would second that for the Battle factory sometimes it takes 20 bombs sometime 4or 5 large ones , very variable I usually think its my aiming ability but It seems odd that some one else thought it was very variable also . good map though keeps you busy for sure
    TGIF

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

Hi all,

Fairly quiet night on ATAG yesterday (I was alone!) so I thought I would take a 109 and go on a recon flight to check out some of the targets. Always a good feeling when you land and run out of fuel when taxiing

Taking a look at some of the bridges I saw the grid references in the briefing were incorrect, and I recorded them down for updating. They are as follows:

Tonbridge Bridge AQ24.2

Tunbridge Wells Bridges AQ23.4

Lewes Bridge AO20.6

Horsham Bridge AM22.7

Crowborough bridge AP22.4

Also noticed the northern allied tank park should be at AP25.1

Hope these are useful

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

15. Likes ATAG_Freya liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Thanks Kiwi! I'm to blame for the screw-up on the grids, as I made a change to the map grid a long time ago while doing some radar stuff. (Sorry for that, Ezzie ) I'll make the necessary adjustments and send them in. Great way to spend quiet time on the maps, very helpful! You should be gonged up or something

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

I talked about that discrepancy 1.5 years ago in #2. No change.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

YEah sorry bout that Cassius, I just don't get around to doing things then I forget... I'll fix'er up soon!

19. Likes Cassius liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.0 KB

Put Canturbury back and give them Manston, Ramsgate so we can complete a pincer!!

Or Pre London Ruft so we have two maps!

Make more maps whoooooo!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.33 MB

I got some issues since Yesterday with the Mission Results

Same Yesterday Blue got some point´s, the Red side none and the match end in a TIE.

ATAG.jpgATAG 2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Link Law View Post
    I got some issues since Yesterday with the Mission Results

Same Yesterday Blue got some point´s, the Red side none and the match end in a TIE.

ATAG.jpgATAG 2.jpg
    It’s all or nothing, Link Law. To win a map all the specified objectives must be achieved, otherwise...it’s a tie.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

23. Likes Link Law liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

That would be something cool to see, if one team doesn't totally win but they still were closer to winning than the other team, the message could say perhaps "Blue Team achieved a minor victory" or something.

25. Likes ATAG_Freya liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Flare View Post
    That would be something cool to see, if one team doesn't totally win but they still were closer to winning than the other team, the message could say perhaps "Blue Team achieved a minor victory" or something.
    From a gameplay viewpoint that makes a lot of sense and is probably doable. That would address Link Law’s concern quite well, I should think.

Another line of thought is one that I encountered back in the late ‘60’s:

“Well done, chaps. You accomplished almost all of your assigned objectives.” — said NO platoon commander EVER!!!!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.33 MB

Okay know ot make sense , i never realised that u need to complete all of them to Win.
    The last couple Days i played on Atag there where not that much Pilots Online, then u feel the Size of such an Operation and u need to invest more Time then usual.

28. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post