Thread: Issues with the game graphics? try this

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Issues with the game graphics? try this

Besides other possibilities explained in other threads, one of the main issues with CloD graphics (i.e. menu or map distorted, black textures, some crashes etc) are due to some other programs running in the background and interfering with DirectX.

In many cases one would know that things like SweetFX or a video recording software are running but, if you don't know what the running program might be, you can use the following utility:
    1.- Download "listdlls" from microsoft (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb896656.aspx)
    2.- Extract the executable to a folder
    3.- open a CMD prompt
    4.- CD to the folder where the exe was was extracted (step #2)
    5.- run the following command "listdlls /d d3d"

The output will show every program using DirectX and might help to isolate the culprit.

2. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Issues with the game graphics? try this

Thanks for the info

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Re: Issues with the game graphics? try this

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    Besides other possibilities explained in other threads, one of the main issues with CloD graphics (i.e. menu or map distorted, black textures, some crashes etc) are due to some other programs running in the background and interfering with DirectX.

In many cases one would know that things like SweetFX or a video recording software are running but, if you don't know what the running program might be, you can use the following utility:
    1.- Download "listdlls" from microsoft (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb896656.aspx)
    2.- Extract the executable to a folder
    3.- open a CMD prompt
    4.- CD to the folder where the exe was was extracted (step #2)
    5.- run the following command "listdlls /d d3d"

The output will show every program using DirectX and might help to isolate the culprit.

My DOS skills have atrophied! To get this to work on my Windows 10 machine, I had to run "listdlls -d d3d" (Dash instead of Slash).
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.