Thread: TF patch 4 links are all dead, except one, which is corrupt

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    111.44 MB

TF patch 4 links are all dead, except one, which is corrupt

Hey folks

I'm doing a full reinstall of TF as I've had issues getting the new Desastersoft Channel English campaign to install, and I've hit a brick wall. I need to redownload part 4 of the mod, so used this page to grab it:
    http://teamfusion.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/

I downloaded the 2.1GB file, but when unzipping it using WinRar get this error:
    C:\Users\Bennett Ring\Desktop\Team+Fusion+4.0+Mod+Installer+Complet e.rar: Cannot change attributes of Mod 4.0 Installer.exe

It then quits without extracting the Mod 4.0 Installer.exe file. I've also tried every other link to the 4.0 patch on your forums, and every link is dead.

So, anybody know how I can get my mitts on TF Mod 4.0?

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    111.44 MB

Re: TF patch 4 links are all dead, except one, which is corrupt

Hmm, strange update to make. While I get the error above when using WinRAR or 7zip, if I move the file to my NAS server and use 7zip to extract it back onto the NAS, the extraction works. Weird... but at least it's now working!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Glad you got it to work, GS.

Thanks for posting your "fix", as weird as it seems to be. Hoping TF 5 is able to pull off an auto updater!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

A friend has purchased CloD and he downloaded the 4.0 patch (the big one) and he says Norton AV says
    it has a trojan in it. Is this common with Norton or is there a trojan virus in it??

Thanks

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Hi John......honestly, there is no Trojan. This has been reported before and it is a false positive. It doesn't exist, there isn't one, it's safe.....HONEST!

I know in this day and age it is best to be wary but we have had multiple tests done and only 2-3 virus programs id a Trojan and this is because they don't recognise the compiled file correctly.

It is safe.

Cheers, MP
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

OK, thanks MP. I wasnt worried but my friend is overly cautious when it comes to installing stuff
    off the internet, a bit of paranoia

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    111.44 MB

It seems my issue was related to the 4.0 patch being detected as a false positive - disabling my virus program allowed me to unzip the file and extract the two files (an .exe installer and the .zip with data). It might be helpful to beginners to add mention of this to the install instructions, as it's a real headache to figure out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    425.74 MB

Hello Guys...

I have the Avast AntiVir. And it says: The Patches included a Virus. So i ignored it. And it works for me.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    160.45 MB

Not sure if i'm allowed to but I highly recommend Eset Smart Security suite, never ever had problems with, runs like a charm, autodetects games and runs in game mode and tons of other good features. oh and they don't try to upsell anything

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by GunSlingerAUS View Post
    Hey folks

I'm doing a full reinstall of TF as I've had issues getting the new Desastersoft Channel English campaign to install, and I've hit a brick wall. I need to redownload part 4 of the mod, so used this page to grab it:
    http://teamfusion.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/

I downloaded the 2.1GB file, but when unzipping it using WinRar get this error:
    C:\Users\Bennett Ring\Desktop\Team+Fusion+4.0+Mod+Installer+Complet e.rar: Cannot change attributes of Mod 4.0 Installer.exe

It then quits without extracting the Mod 4.0 Installer.exe file. I've also tried every other link to the 4.0 patch on your forums, and every link is dead.

So, anybody know how I can get my mitts on TF Mod 4.0?

I seem to be having the very same issues. Downloaded the TF 4.0 patch three times with no success. I've used the Zip extractor which leaves me with a compressed file but no installer exe to activate the file . Does any one have any idea what could be the problem, is the file corrupted? Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DZG8J9 View Post
    I seem to be having the very same issues. Downloaded the TF 4.0 patch three times with no success. I've used the Zip extractor which leaves me with a compressed file but no installer exe to activate the file . Does any one have any idea what could be the problem, is the file corrupted? Thanks in advance.
    Check my personnal backup on a local cloud system. Its in portuguese, but "download" is universal

https://meocloud.pt/link/87d345b8-2c...Team%20Fusion/

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Your AV might be killing the installer .exe file.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Quote Originally Posted by DZG8J9 View Post
    If your AV sees a virus, it will usually delete or quarantine the file before you get a chance to unzip/install, so the file is already deleted before you even see it. Please read the first paragraph of this post:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ad.php?t=10566

Cheers, MP
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    If your AV sees a virus, it will usually delete or quarantine the file before you get a chance to unzip/install, so the file is already deleted before you even see it. Please read the first paragraph of this post:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ad.php?t=10566

Cheers, MP

Big Thank You Mystic.

Turned of anti virus and presto installer icon appears after extracting. Looking forward to migrating to the "Clod" community from the other community .

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

[SIZE=3]As I write this I am waiting for some kind of reply on the chat regarding my problem with the updates. I took the time to read a lot of the posts here and it seems to me it's a hit and miss affair.
    I bought this game around 3 years ago and I remember at the time I was disappointed when I found it had to be installed via Steam. UI should have seen this as an omen. I tried several times to play the 'game' only to be told there was a problem with the launcher and Steam would have to close. After a while I wote it of as a lost cause and put it back on the shelf.
    It was only recently that I found out about Fusion's updates. This was only by chance when I watched a guy's You Tube video of him flying and I mentioned my problem. He told me about the updates and with great excitement I checked them out. After watching the instruction video I thought everything seemed pretty straight forward. Was I ever wrong. After waiting for what seemed a small lifetime for them to download I found that most were corrupted and the one I could install did not have the mod requirements needed. As with the game I persevered in the hope that things would work, but no. Now to my disappointment I read that these files are in fact dead. I believe this to be true as I recently downloaded and installed the latest update for Battle of Britain 2 with great success.
    So, here I am with a game that at the time cost me a small fortune only to find I can't play it. [SIZE]

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Hi Cliff,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulty.

I am just downloading the patches to test and they are coming down fine here. Are you getting them from the link in the banner above?

Don't give up, there are plenty of knowledgeable and helpful types here and it's worth the effort to get patched up.

Septic.

Edit; Individually, it has only taken a few minutes to get them all. The all-in-one is reporting that it will take a couple of hours though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    [SIZE=3]As I write this I am waiting for some kind of reply on the chat regarding my problem with the updates. I took the time to read a lot of the posts here and it seems to me it's a hit and miss affair.
    I bought this game around 3 years ago and I remember at the time I was disappointed when I found it had to be installed via Steam. UI should have seen this as an omen. I tried several times to play the 'game' only to be told there was a problem with the launcher and Steam would have to close. After a while I wote it of as a lost cause and put it back on the shelf.
    It was only recently that I found out about Fusion's updates. This was only by chance when I watched a guy's You Tube video of him flying and I mentioned my problem. He told me about the updates and with great excitement I checked them out. After watching the instruction video I thought everything seemed pretty straight forward. Was I ever wrong. After waiting for what seemed a small lifetime for them to download I found that most were corrupted and the one I could install did not have the mod requirements needed. As with the game I persevered in the hope that things would work, but no. Now to my disappointment I read that these files are in fact dead. I believe this to be true as I recently downloaded and installed the latest update for Battle of Britain 2 with great success.
    So, here I am with a game that at the time cost me a small fortune only to find I can't play it. [SIZE]
    Last edited by ATAG_Septic; Jan-18-2015 at 11:43.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]