Thread: I'm not panicking yet

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I'm not panicking yet

Steam just updated my CloD and now the mod sign has disappeared. Question is: will the mods work with this update. The release notes had some graphical charachteristics ie New Rendering Engine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Re: I'm not panicking yet

Hi.. you should only apply the MOD after steam finish the update. Once Steam finishes its job it wont update the game again because there is no more official patches. If Steam just updated you most likely will have to reinstall the MOD again, wich is a painless process if you have done it once.

S!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lolsav View Post
    Hi.. you should only apply the MOD after steam finish the update. Once Steam finishes its job it wont update the game again because there is no more official patches. If Steam just updated you most likely will have to reinstall the MOD again, wich is a painless process if you have done it once.

S!
    Thanks for that. The only reason I was a bit reticent was because I've only had CloD for less than a week. This update must be brand new. I remember reading in the release notes: "Here's the game we meant to release etc."

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Ginge View Post
    Thanks for that. The only reason I was a bit reticent was because I've only had CloD for less than a week. This update must be brand new. I remember reading in the release notes: "Here's the game we meant to release etc."
    There's also a big speil about it on the steam community site.
    http://steamcommunity.com/home#scrollTop=1139

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Correction. It's the Oct 2011 update. Still can't work out why my copy needed update just after purchase.

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

I might be wrong but even if you bought the game today, you still have to patch the game with the steam/official patches which are dated much earlier than today, which I think there are two of them? Either way, once you do that and get Clod "up to date", then DL all of TF's patches and install them.

Then crack a beer, sip, enjoy the aroma and be taken back by the work TF has done over the last few years.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus_Mortem View Post
    I might be wrong but even if you bought the game today, you still have to patch the game with the steam/official patches which are dated much earlier than today, which I think there are two of them? Either way, once you do that and get Clod "up to date", then DL all of TF's patches and install them.

Then crack a beer, sip, enjoy the aroma and be taken back by the work TF has done over the last few years.

Yes, I'll put the mods back in now. I'm so pleased I archived all of them. Estonia has better broadband than Australia.