Thread: What WE can do to get CLOD running as good as possible on OUR PCS

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

What WE can do to get CLOD running as good as possible on OUR PCS

Hi all ! I guess Im one of the lucky ones that doesnt have any problems running CLOD ! My PC is not top of the line gear but it probably is a mid-high system today, but what I see from reading the forums is that, a lot of mid spec pcs are running the game quiet well also....Yet I also read of guys that have the gear to run the game well but seem to have problems ? Maybe its the different hardware configerations ? Is it software ? Funny thing is, all our software (Win7,nv drivers,track ir,etc) is virtually the same in every PC...just maybe some of our pcs just need some TLC.......If you had a car (or bike,in my case) that you love driving,would you drive it for four hours a day,seven days a week for six months...and not give it an oil change or any kind of service ?..Didnt think so ! We are all so busy flyin the planes,getting better graphics,adjustin controls,profiles etc....the learning curve of this great sim has sucked us all in !..This sim has got some problems at the moment,sure......If you want to eliminate as much problems as YOU can, then give youre PC a service !..................................Get rid of programs you havent used in six months..Clear your recycle bin,your internet browser cashe every few days,if you use a mechanical HD,Defrag every two weeks and if you are confident enough,check your BIOS to make sure youre hardware is configured to get the best from what you got!...thers plenty of free stuff out there to clean your pc !..........do all that and you only have to worry about the problems within the game itself !...........You can truly say "the problems not at MY end" !!!......BTW a great free program called CCLEANER is worth atry !
    Last edited by jaydee; Apr-23-2012 at 04:31.
    i7 6700k,Asus Maximus hero,16g Ddr4 3000,samsung 950 pro,GTX 970 HOF ,Samsung 256 ssd,Tir 5,Thrustmaster Warthog, Saitek Cessna pedals,Coolermaster 1KW power.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: What WE can do to get CLOD running as good as possible on OUR PCS

CCleaner is good, and I use their Defraggler to defrag weekly - never had an issue with either program after a couple of years use. :happy

Running the game is a bit of a befuddlement, I am far from top spec (c2d 2.93, 4 Gb, GTX560Ti all on a crappy Gigabyte mobo) and most of the time the game runs fine - the only problem is framerate when nearing other aircraft goes from anywhere 20 to 60 down to 1 or 2 - hopefully the next patch will sort that :uhoh - and the only time I get launcher error is when trying, and failing, to use TSNotifier - I've got round that by using the TSRemote app for my phone. That said, I'd like my rig to be a bit more top spec so all donations gratefully received.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Good thread jaydee.
    Ccleaner is a good freebie. MyDefrag is also a good freebie. Another neglected
    area is actually inside the pc case. Open it up and clean the dust out every few
    months.
    The heatsinks and fans on the cpu and vid card need at least regular checking as
    they will inevitably choke up with dust if not maintained. This game works a pc
    hard, a ctd or a complete shutdown can be a vid card or cpu that is overheating.
    There are many also who don't keep enough free space on their hard drive. I have
    repaired pcs for friends who have used 95%+ of their hard disk and wonder why
    it's running like sloth dosed up with valium. As a rule of thumb a pc should have
    at least 15% of it's disk space available so it can do a defrag and have room to
    move files around as necssary.
    Automatic updates can be royal pain too. I routinely disable Windows updates or
    any other app that does updates when it feels like it. Many antivirus programs will
    do real time scans in working apps which can slow things down too. For eg I use
    AVG which has a "Resident Shield" function that does real time scanning. I have
    set it to ignore my steamapps folder and the 1C SoftClub folder in my documents
    folder.
    On the net side, lag spikes can be an auto update as mentioned above or your
    kids or wife watching youtube on another pc. Wireless connections are the enemy
    of all good and must be ruthlessly hunted down and shot. Many a new gamer
    doesn't realise their flaky gameplay is due to the fact that wireless connections
    just plain suck for online gaming.
    Well there's a few thoughts anyway. Hopefully others will chime in with their
    favourite tweak.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Talking Re: What WE can do to get CLOD running as good as possible on OUR PCS

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Torian View Post
    The heatsinks and fans on the cpu and vid card need at least regular checking as
    they will inevitably choke up with dust if not maintained.
    +1

I had a good vacuum of the old PC and upped the fan speed profile on my vid card

Reduced the number of CTD/Freezes to a minimum

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

820+ hours 99% online. Only have CTD when I don't housekeep the cache. Looks beautiful. No jitters even in smoke coming from planes. Think its safe to assume that to be a professional mechanic you need a lot of pro type tools I can't really afford. This product likely will need something better to play it than the legacy old sim will. In other words its like goofy at a park that has his hand out indicating you need to be a certain height to ride the ride.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Good post agree with you. Sorry multitasking. But if you have a bunch of other crapola in your system...al la gamer rig you likely got issues where something else is causing u heartache. Just sim is all I really do. Get an ounce of grief from anything its hancked out immediately. Got no time to be diagnosing issues nor the patients. I absolutely would not put up with what all these people say they do and come back time after time again. I just hate issues that keep coming back. I say if its broke fix it. If it can't be fixed get rid of it. I won't put up with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Had a painful vid card crash a few years back. The logo sticker on the fan had
    slowly slid it's way from the centre of the fan and then had wedged itself into the
    fan blades. Caused a major overheat that cooked the card. My son's pc was getting
    freezes and ctd's. The Athlon cpu was like 60* at idle on startup so I pulled it apart yesterday. Sure enuff dust choking everything. A good cleanout and idle temps back
    to 35* and no probs since.