Thread: How does one turn off text on screen e.g. blue text that sits with the AI aircraft ?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

How does one turn off text on screen e.g. blue text that sits with the AI aircraft ?

Hi,
    In FMB I have my flight of four aircraft, those three around me all have an unwanted blue text label messing up my still images and the realism of the flight.

Right click sees an option Show Object name and its unticked, ticking it then unticking it makes no difference.

I see nothing in the pre flight menu for this.

Where does one turn this off ?

Also where does one turn off the white text that appears top left saying what I am currently doing ? Likewise the blue text of instructions that appear, like get back in formation, all not very good when trying to capture a stills image !

Also the vertical line lower right with icon that sits on it.

BOBC

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Re: How does one turn off text on screen e.g. blue text that sits with the AI aircraf

Alt+left Click on the windows, that selects them.

Then Right click on them and choose close window.

Perfect. Also, you might have your realism settings set lower and if you are talking about actual plane labels that show the type and distance, those can be turned off in the options/realism area.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    296.1 KB

Re: How does one turn off text on screen e.g. blue text that sits with the AI aircraf

I think you mean the aircraft icons, Red for Allies, Blue for axis with various information? You go to main menu screen at start up and select Options and then Realism. In the box named Visual Aids there is an option - No Object Icon. Make sure this is selected so its check box is highlighted. That should kill them. And have fun.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingblind View Post
    I think you mean the aircraft icons, Red for Allies, Blue for axis with various information? You go to main menu screen at start up and select Options and then Realism. In the box named Visual Aids there is an option - No Object Icon. Make sure this is selected so its check box is highlighted. That should kill them. And have fun.
    Hi, Excellent, that gets rid of the blue text saying Me109E siting beside my fellow schwarm members . Now my stills are unpolluted
    another for my beginners guide !

BOBC

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi,
    version.Blitz.

I see the blue text is back in Blitz so I found this thread, went into realism and turned it off.

I dont see the indicator on the map as to where the allied and axis aircraft are anymore.

Does this setting also kill that as I dont recall such.

BOBC

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Under realism, visual aids:

No object Icons

No Map Icons

No Map Icons

If you want the map locations but not the text near the planes then make sure No Map Icons is NOT checked.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi,
    test flying V5
    I visit this thread to recall how to get rid off the annoying lines of text attached to each aircraft (not realistic in the slightest !)
    I have the settings below in realism of object icons . map icons etc off,

BUT WAIT, I now realise a blank square means ON, I blob it and now its OFF.

normally with PC's a blob filled 'radio button means ON.

and now the red text Hurricane is gone.

solved.

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Spiritus View Post
    Under realism, visual aids:

No object Icons

No Map Icons

No Map Icons

If you want the map locations but not the text near the planes then make sure No Map Icons is NOT checked.
    BOBC
    Last edited by BOBC; May-03-2021 at 17:23.