Thread: Access is Denied?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Access is Denied?

Hi all,

It has been a little while since I have posted here but since I got a mac computer for college, I installed bootcamp on it and I have started to reinstall my flight sims. IL-2 Cliffs of Dover and DCS World reinstalled quite well and are up and running. Hopefully I can go back on the virtual skies soon and fly some.

However, when I reinstalled IL-2 1946, the screen is off centered for the menu and I can not play it. I have tried editing the config file but when I try to save it, I get an error message stating that Access is Denied. Any help for fixing that error?

Also, I'm looking at modpacks to try but the furthest that I want to extend the years would be to the Korean War but no further and leaned towards an offline playing but with an option of playing online on occasion (trying to recruit some friends to join the flight simming world).

Cheers,
    Eagle

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Saipan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

Re: Access is Denied?

try this for Il2 46 mods and stuff

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php
    ASUS Z370-A, i5 8600k, CM haf-x, EVGA gtx 1660 Ti SC ACX, Antec HC 850, Samsung 120GB SSD , WD Black 1TB, Corsair GSkill 16GB, Creative SB Recon, Creative G500 5.1, ASUS VS248h-P
    Me-110 Black 17 with Hptmn. Hans "AWAC" Warsteiner
    :
    Trust me , I fly a Bf 110 (C2-->C7)

3. Likes 71st_AH_Eagle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Welcome Back Buddy...~S~
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

5. Likes 71st_AH_Eagle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Lewis for the welcome back. Not sure if I have ever talked to you on teamspeak before but I hope I can sometime soon.

Wow. I was looking at the screenshot thread from the link Saipan posted and just wow. I can't believe that the IL-2 1946 engine looks that good. It's hard to believe on how modders got a working (I assume) Super Hornet. When I last looked at mods, they had something going to 1956 and I felt that was extreme hence my desire to go to Korean war as the extent.

Anyone have an idea for fixing the problem with the config file?

Cheers
    Eagle

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Well, I hate to bump my own thread but so far I've gotten it patched and the settings for the windows size to work. Issue now is getting the mouse to work because right now the mouse just disappears from screen. This is a fresh install and I have no idea why this isn't working. (sighs) Anyways, thanks for the help for anyone who can help.

Cheers,
    Eagle