Thread: Startupcfg technical support

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Startupcfg technical support

in the Start.cfg file located in the Data folder, change the gamma from .8000 to .6000 and you will like it, also in the same start cfg change the sound from 32 bit to 124, and change true to false. you will much better sounds.

please use notepad++ it will help you by the numbers indicating where to make the changes. http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

follow these steps and you will be golden.

*you might have to do this every time when there is an update.

startupcfg.jpgstartupcfg2.jpgstartupcfg3.jpg

Veteran Combat pilot No601_Swallow's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Startupcfg technical support

The gamma edit forces the gamma past the minimum setting in the graphics page, doesn't it? I have mine on the 0.8 minimum on that page (gamma = 0.80000 in the startupcfg file). Does it really make a difference? I shall give it a try! And the sound edits really help too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by No601_Swallow View Post
    The gamma edit forces the gamma past the minimum setting in the graphics page, doesn't it? I have mine on the 0.8 minimum on that page (gamma = 0.80000 in the startupcfg file). Does it really make a difference? I shall give it a try! And the sound edits really help too.
    1. yes

thank you yes sound helps. the Fmod sounds they are using is really only for FirstPersonShooters, they need a faster sound program..

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by No601_Swallow View Post
    The gamma edit forces the gamma past the minimum setting in the graphics page, doesn't it? I have mine on the 0.8 minimum on that page (gamma = 0.80000 in the startupcfg file).
    After edit the Cfg dont access the GUI page or the adjust revert for 0.08 (minimum there).

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    After edit the Cfg dont access the GUI page or the adjust revert for 0.08 (minimum there).
    you can access it but do not change (accept) if you do, you will have to go back and edit the line.