Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bf109 intruments on Android app

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Re: Bf109 intruments on Android app

Well, it seems to be working perfectly using WiFi, so I'll leave it at that

I do wish I had the skills to edit it though

as it is, the only things I really want to keep a constant eye on are RPM, Airspeed, Altitude, Water and Oil temps and Compass
    on my 7" tablet, the water/oil are pretty small, and I rather loose Boost, Art. horizon, pressures and control surface displayed if I could get those gauges bigger

Dumb question:
    is it possible to simply port Virtual cockpit to my Tablet?
    This I CAN edit to my own specs
    Though I would not know how to enable Wifi communication from the game's device link data to the tablet
    Last edited by Nightdare; Apr-16-2016 at 15:15.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    43.95 MB

how do you install the pc exe file . I have copied the folder to my desk top but where does the executable need to be saved. and where does the config need to be saved.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

CLodDataLink (needed in Windows to export CloD data through WiFi) has 3 files and don't require install.

ClodDataLink.exe
    Config.ini
    Readme.txt

Just extract to any folder and run the ClodDataLink.exe
    Last edited by 1lokos; Aug-15-2016 at 19:20.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    43.95 MB

These are my settings
    It is working except for the compass which does not work. In a spitfire it shows a constant heading of 0. My config settings are shown below. This is an awesome app and would be even more awesome if I could get the compass to work. Thanks for putting this app together it really is great.

[Network]
    IP=192.168.1.7
    Port=6001
    Delay=50

[Debug]
    debug=false

[Devices]
    Altitude=I_Altitude,-1
    Velocity=I_VelocityIAS,-1
    Pitch=I_Pitch,0
    SPitch=C_Pitch,0
    Throttle=C_Throttle,0
    Mixture=C_Mix,0
    Water=A_EngineWaterRadiator,0
    SWater=C_WaterRadiator,0
    Oil=C_OilRadiator,0
    FuelPress=I_EngineFuelPress,0
    OilPress=I_EngineOilPress,0
    Fuel=I_FuelReserve,-1
    LeftCannon=S_GunReserve,2
    RightCannon=S_GunReserve,3
    LeftMG=S_GunReserve,0
    RightMG=S_GunReserve,1
    Compass=I_MagneticCompass,-1
    SCompass=I_MagneticCompass,0
    ManPress=I_EngineManPress,0
    OilTemp=I_EngineOilTemp,0
    RPM=I_EngineRPM,0
    Turn=I_Turn,-1
    Slip=I_Slip,-1
    WaterTemp=I_EngineWatTemp,0

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Para View Post
    These are my settings
    It is working except for the compass which does not work. In a spitfire it shows a constant heading of 0.
    Curious, Spit P-8 compass reading - what in App is show in Directional Gyro format due space restrictions - work for me:

My setting is the same:

Compass=I_MagneticCompass,-1
    SCompass=I_MagneticCompass,0

EDIT - The probable cause is, you are not using Spitfire CloD interface on App, but instead the Bf109 CloD - what is default of App, and use different data for compass, making became static for Spit.

Drag the drop down menu on right side/upper, wheres is show the IP and select the proper plane (Spit) - are options for DCS planes too.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Aug-17-2016 at 13:29.

Gateway to Downeast Maine (New England) USA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.43 GB

Re: intruments on Android app

Miaig and all - I need some help in getting the Android App (Spitfire) to handshake and connect data from the Clod program. First off I have no issues with the Clod program itself, I operate it single player mode multi-surround monitors with no issues at all. I have downloaded and opened the Android Instrument App in my Android 6 tablet without problem, following all the info in the above three page thread. It resides in my Win 10 downlink folder. The ClodDataLink folder file, config.ini reads as follows:
    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Adding=I_MagneticCompass,Compass,-1
    Adding=C_Pitch,SPitch,0
    Adding=I_EngineOilTemp,OilTemp,0
    Adding=C_Throttle,Throttle,0
    Adding=I_EngineOilPress,OilPress,0
    Adding=S_GunReserve,RightMG,1
    Adding=A_EngineWaterRadiator,Water,0
    Adding=I_EngineFuelPress,FuelPress,0
    Adding=S_GunReserve,LeftMG,0
    Adding=I_EngineManPress,ManPress,0
    Adding=I_VelocityIAS,Velocity,-1
    Adding=I_Turn,Turn,-1
    Adding=C_OilRadiator,Oil,0
    Adding=S_GunReserve,RightCannon,3
    Adding=C_Mix,Mixture,0
    Adding=I_EngineRPM,RPM,0
    Adding=I_Altitude,Altitude,-1
    Adding=S_GunReserve,LeftCannon,2
    Adding=I_MagneticCompass,SCompass,0
    Adding=C_WaterRadiator,SWater,0
    Adding=I_EngineWatTemp,WaterTemp,0
    Adding=I_Slip,Slip,-1
    Adding=I_Pitch,Pitch,0
    Adding=I_FuelReserve,Fuel,-1
    Sending data to: 192.168.1.9 on port 6001
    Sleep set to: 50
    {"Compass":-100000.00, "SPitch":-100000.00, "OilTemp":-100000.00,
    "Throttle":-100000.00, "OilPress":-100000.00, "RightMG":-100000.00,
    "Water":-100000.00, "FuelPress":-100000.00, "LeftMG":-100000.00,
    "ManPress":-100000.00, "Velocity":-100000.00, "Turn":-100000.00,
    "Oil":-100000.00, "RightCannon":-100000.00, "Mixture":-100000.00,
    "RPM":-100000.00, "Altitude":-100000.00, "LeftCannon":-100000.00,
    "SCompass":-100000.00, "SWater":-100000.00, "WaterTemp":-100000.00,
    "Slip":-100000.00, "Pitch":-100000.00, "Fuel":-100000.00}
    - - - - - - - - -
    My game computer with the il-2 Clod program and the Android tabled with the instrument App are both using the same network and the tablet is being powered by a USB connector between the two. However for some reason, that I cannot figure out, the above data is not reaching the Android tablet. I have not been able to make the App operate, nothing is indicated when I am flying a Spit in one of the single player missions. I have rechecked and rebooted both several times and have insured that the Tablet's IP is entered in the config.ini file (192.168.1.9).

Do I have to move this config.ini file to a different location? In the thread above it seems to indicate I do not, so I haven't moved it since it was opened. Do I have to place it in the icSoftClub folder with the other Clod config files?

Any advise to get me going with this App would be appreciated. I see most have had good luck with this App and I would like to have the same.
    ASUS GB20CB Intel I-7 w/Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070, ASUS Swift PG279Q (3), VKB GF/KG12, CH Pro throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder, EDtracker Pro

[SIZE=1]"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" -S. Holmes-

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

You don't need move any conf.ini - just add the tablet IP (in BF109 Instrument App has button to show).

Here I have the folder ClodDataLink inside Documents\1C Soft Club - just for convenience (Win10/64)

Easy see if are running OK, start CloD, start a Quick Mission with Spitfire in flight, then Alt+Tab and start ClodDataLink.exe, you see that readings in their window has changed from this that you post, reflecting the data send by game - if not something is wrong.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Jun-29-2017 at 01:15.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.43 GB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    You don't need move any conf.ini - just add the tablet IP (in BF109 Instrument App has button to show).

Here I have the folder ClodDataLink inside Documents\1C Soft Club - just for convenience (Win10/64)

Easy see if are running OK, start CloD, start a Quick Mission with Spitfire in flight, then Alt+Tab and start ClodDataLink.exe, you see that readings in their window has changed from this that you post, reflecting the data send by game - if not something is wrong.
    1lokos - Again you have come to my aid and provided the solution. I moved ClodDataLink inside 1CSoftClub folder, Brought up a Spit IIa in Quick Mission Cross Country. Then Alt+Tab to open my file folder to execute the instrument data link file, reopened Clod and it was working.

Can't thank you enough, as being able to have a compass that can be seen in flight and to navigate with is essential to my the realism of flying again that I am involved in this SIM for.
    ASUS GB20CB Intel I-7 w/Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070, ASUS Swift PG279Q (3), VKB GF/KG12, CH Pro throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder, EDtracker Pro

[SIZE=1]"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" -S. Holmes-

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by DOWNEAST View Post
    ... as being able to have a compass that can be seen in flight and to navigate with is essential to my the realism of flying again that I am involved in this SIM for.
    Good that work for you.

I only wish that Miaig (MIA) make a version with only the compass.

10. Likes DOWNEAST liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.43 GB

Good that work for you.

I agree wholeheartedly ! Miaig Pleeeeze

As I have expressed in this and other threads, I believe others, as myself, participate in this thread to enjoy the flying realism and skills required. For me it is the ability to relive my earlier taildragger piloting experience and master take off, maneuvering and landing a war machine 150 + MPH faster. To me navigating, and hitting waypoints and destinations spot on is a big part of this flying experience. The cockpit realism in Clod is very good, but setting the P-8 and adjusting the DG in flight is almost impossible because of the visible blocking by the stick. Other instruments in the Hurri and Spit are quite readable. I installed the Android App capability solely for the compass. Without it I eyeballed the little flying white flagged icon on the map to check my direction.

-Downeast-

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.43 GB

Question Re: Bf109 intruments on Android app

Good that work for you.

1lokos - It sure would be useful if in TF 4.5 and TF 5.0 customizing info windows would include a magnetic compass reading to solve this issue. Do you think this is possible to program?

2017-07-06_08-44-24.png

The existing windows item "Tank Zero" indicates a default "Heading Zero", but doesn't seem to track anything, certainly not magnetic compass heading. I haven't been able to tell what it is for. It would be great if it tracked actual mag heading as shown by the white flagged A/C icon on the map.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Well, if TF want they can add this head info in HUD (like done for tanks, in this case due their lack of instrument panel), but this is again CloD "philosophy" - be "hard" as can.

For me will be more appropriated if add ability to set custom snap views for cockpit parts (like is possible in DCSW and BoS), so became easy glance at compass (like in instruments) - AND ADD the "blessed" Lubber Line in compass to allow set course without rely in this dumb and ugly "HUD".

14. Likes Tibsun liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.43 GB

Well, if TF want they can add this head info in HUD (like done for tanks, in this case due their lack of instrument panel), but this is again CloD "philosophy" - be "hard" as can.

For me will be more appropriated if add ability to set custom snap views for cockpit parts (like is possible in DCSW and BoS), so became easy glance at compass (like in instruments) - AND ADD the "blessed" Lubber Line in compass to allow set course without rely in this dumb and ugly "HUD".

Yup, I understand the "philosophy", but it is selective because there is heads up windows information capably as well as head movement (tracking) way beyond that available in a real cockpit. I would just like to easily be able to set the P-8 and read the DG compass in the Clod and future ATAG SIMs in the Spit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Only just found out about this app (Thanks Highseas for sending me the link)

Managed to get it running on my tablet, and I have to say it's great

Only downside that I can think of, as others have said, is the lack of a compass, especially so for the spit where it is so difficult to see the normal in cockpit one

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Laser View Post
    Only downside that I can think of, as others have said, is the lack of a compass, especially so for the spit where it is so difficult to see the normal in cockpit one
    The (SPit) compass is there, but use Directional Gyro/Indicator) display - due space restrictions for model that complicated P-8 dial, so the heading you see in App DG is the magnetic North, not subject to misalignment due G's.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Oct-03-2017 at 15:41.

18. Likes ATAG_Laser liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

The (SPit) compass is there, but use Directional Gyro/Indicator) display - due space restrictions for model that complicated P-8 dial, so the heading you see in App DG is the magnetic North, not subject to misalignment due G's.
    Thanks for that 1lokos.

So, if the DG on the app stays accurate (unlike the in game cockpit) then that should be ok to use

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    495 Bytes

This looks great, I am going to try it tonight.

Thank you

21. Likes ATAG_Laser liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    495 Bytes

Downloaded this yesterday, wow what a great app. So easy to set up and works great

Well done

Novice Pilot
    British California aka British Columbia, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.02 MB

Late to the party on this thread....but I'm wondering if there's any chance this BF 109 Instruments might get updated to support some of the newer aircraft in Desert Wings Tobruk? I've tried using the applet with the new Martlet III for both the BF 109 and Spitfire options. While data is sent via WIFI to the app running on my Androd tablet, the displayed isntrument info isn't correct.

Admittedly, I really don't enjoy having to manually adjust the compass. Having many moons ago been a national parks trail upgrade worker who had to read an old school compass and altimeter hourly, doing so in CLOD for a compass gives me no thrill...Been there done that - no longer want to do that even in a flightsim. The applet saved me the pain and I was very grateful for it.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    43.98 MB

Another latecomer to Clod.
    I've built a Beech Baron instrument panel, yoke, pedals radio stack and switch panel to run with MS Flight Simulator - so I ain't that thick.

Can't get Bf109Instr to work on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A8. It runs under Android 13 ... so ... I tried to get it to run under Ubuntu 20.04 on an HP laptop and attempted developing this way:

install IL-2 Dials Server v0.63.msi on i7 PC
    install and run Bluestacks Android emulator on same PC
    access Multi-instance manager to create oldest Android possible (Nougat 32-bit; actually need Ice Cream Sandwich)
    download Il-2 Dials Client 0.63.apk
    install Dials Client in Bluestacks
    run Clod on same PC
    run IL-2 Dials Server on same PC
    run Il-2 Dials in Bluestacks
    change IP to 127.0.0.1 (and 192.168.1.XXX)
    = not working
    the idea was to get it working on the same PC then run it under Wine + Ubuntu on the laptop; it would have been nice.

Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Quote Originally Posted by karla View Post
    I ain't that thick.
    Any ideas?
    IL2=Dials is for another game, not Cliffs of Dover... There is another software people use for Clod, "VIRTUAL COCKPIT" you will find it in this forum if you aren't too thick.

Welcome, ask here if you have any more questions! Its a great sim well worth exploring in depth.

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    43.98 MB

Thank you Bonditaria I (eventually) realised this. I've been studying the VC thread trying to find a system with server and client PC to run VC. As you know, the thread is long and detailed and many good solutions are generously published as they are developed. I've had it running OK on my PC with Clod and 3x monitors with Nvidia Surround but want the instrument panel to run separately on another cabled or wireless PC with a fourth monitor.

My options and attempts so far:

VC on single PC runs OK but really want a fourth monitor because three monitor display is preferred for simming

VC server on Clod PC with Windows Remote Desktop on second PC (https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...l=1#post115933)
    is a no-go because of the cost of Win10Home > Pro £120 Microsoft upgrade

VC server on Clod PC with AirDisplay on Apple iPad2 not available because iPad is out of date

VC server on Clod PC with suitable remote connection on Samsung Tab A8 may work - I'll spend a little time on this

VC server on Clod PC with a client laptop running a Ubuntu utility accessing VC on the Clod PC - I'll also spend a bit of time on this

(I'll probably have to post something on the VC thread and ask for help there).

You're right about Cliffs of Dover; I'm a simmer from MSFS 3.0 and CFS 1.0 and I've currently put MSFS 2020 to one side while I get more out of Clod.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

28. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    43.98 MB

Spot on Colander, thanks.

REALVC is now installed on my Clod (v5.040) Windows 10 PC server with 3x monitors and also on a networked second PC (Q6600 mobo bolted to a 19" monitor, no mouse nor keyboard) configured to automatic REALVC start-up with Windows.

Test Modes on both PCs are working OK but a couple of problems have kept me busy all weekend:

1) Local Mode on the server PC doesn't work with "Connect error: System Error: Code: 2 The system cannot find the file specified"
    - so Remote Mode (WIP) on the client PC obviously doesn't work either.
    The DeviceLink.dll is missing from my SysWOW64 folder and RFC didn't fix it; so I guess this may be the problem.
    Firewall changes have been made and WiFi connections are working between the PCs, though.

2) Also, I've been trying to configure REALVC to run after automatic startup without mouse or keyboard action and attempts using Batch files didn't work (SendKeys has been deprecated in Win10). I guess that suitable editing of the VirtualCockpit.ini file could select just one aircraft, one mode, one monitor and initiate F9 start - but I'm not capable.

30. Likes Bonditaria liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    43.98 MB

Remember to test REALVC whilst in cockpit. All my tests were carried out on .TRK files using external F2 views only. Once I'd clicked F1 into cockpit the system worked fine. It doesn't matter whether it's a video file or live flying - you've got to sit in the cockpit. That's sorted.

Now; how do I automatically start REALVNC on a second PC with no keyboard or mouse action? I want a fourth instruments monitor to sit in front of my three viewing monitors and just use keyboard and mouse on the server PC. I can load and start REALVC automatically with Windows startup but it defaults to no aircraft, no mode nor monitor. Looks like an VirtualCockpit.ini file edit.

A simple batch file calling up JScript and SendKeys did the job in the end see https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=28120 post #6
    - oh! and thanks again to everyone, another $10 in the ATAG chest from me.
    Last edited by karla; Dec-04-2023 at 16:18.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123