Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bf109 intruments on Android app

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Bf109 intruments on Android app

Hi,

I've created an application for exporting the BF109 instruments on Android for those who don't have an extra monitor. You can find the app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.mihaig.bf109 It needs an application running on the computer to send data to it. You can find here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Z...Nms/view?pli=1

Enjoy !

Edit: The app now supports both the Spitfire and the Bf 109 for Clod and the Bf 109 and the Fw 190 for DCS
    Last edited by miaig; Apr-22-2015 at 22:58.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Re: Bf109 intruments on Android app

Wow, very cool. Thanks for sharing!

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Keller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Wow, fantastic! How hard would it be to do for other planes? Say the 110? wink wink

III./ZG76 2N+ZR
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Intel Core i7 4970 @ 3.6 GHz, Win 7 64 bit, 16 GB Ram, GTX 980 4GB GPU

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by III./ZG76_Keller View Post
    Wow, fantastic! How hard would it be to do for other planes? Say the 110? wink wink
    I think at least some of the common controls will work with the 110 too. I never played with the 110 so I am not really sure. My next priority is to make the app work for DCS too, and maybe afterwards I will look into the 110 or any other CLOD plane.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

A spit would be fantastic if you ever get that far. I have tried using Virtual Cockpit and Air Display together but for some reason Air Display often fails to connect, basically it sometimes works once but wont work again until you reboot. Others have no trouble with Air Display but it would be cool if your app worked without any problems.
    56sqn US@R - Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com/

Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) > AMD Athlon II X4 605e @ 2300MHz
    16Gb RAM > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 1050Ti

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Roblex View Post
    A spit would be fantastic if you ever get that far. I have tried using Virtual Cockpit and Air Display together but for some reason Air Display often fails to connect, basically it sometimes works once but wont work again until you reboot. Others have no trouble with Air Display but it would be cool if your app worked without any problems.
    I tried AirDisplay but I have a Nexus 10, and since it's got a 2560x1600 resolution, the refresh over wifi is very slow. That's why I created this app. I will probably create one for the Spit too, but first I want to get this one working for the Dcs version of the Bf 109 and the FW 190. It should not take long but time is scarce...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Awesome work! and im stuck on a
    Cheers N8 and Master Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Dave View Post
    Otyg would win the most impact on me prize, he's a winner in my book.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Otyg View Post
    Awesome work! and im stuck on a ...
    Thanks. Unfortunately there will be no IPad version since I don't own one and I don't know Objective-C.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by miaig View Post
    Thanks. Unfortunately there will be no IPad version since I don't own one and I don't know Objective-C.
    No worries mate. I can always get a used android tablet for change if I feel the urge . Hmm I'm of to check some secondhand sites.
    Cheers N8 and Master Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Dave View Post
    Otyg would win the most impact on me prize, he's a winner in my book.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Wow if you can get a spit/hurri (you can probably use the same panel for both) before I get back from holidays at the end of March it'd be a dream come true. I've had no luck at all getting instruments to work on my Nexus 7 and this looks amazing.

Flare

PS this should be a stickied thread!

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I found a bug in the application where if you start it and then close it, it will stop receiving data. The quick fix for that is to kill the application and restart it. I will be pushing a real fix soon, probably by tomorrow.

12. Likes ATAG_Lolsav liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I found a bug in the application where if you start it and then close it, it will stop receiving data. The quick fix for that is to kill the application and restart it. I will be pushing a real fix soon, probably by tomorrow.
    Update is out, let me know if you have problems.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    89.17 MB

Salute, Miaig!

This App is too Cool!! I really love being able to see the dials up close like this!! Ths only down side I see is; now I'm not looking at the cockpit for my inputs. Being able to see the water temps is worth it thought.

Question:
    How does the app get it's info? All the dials, expect one, seem to be spot on. The only one that seems to be off is the Water Rad. The ingame visuals (the rad positioner on the wing, and handle postion) show the water rad at 75% but the app shows it at 58%. Is there a way to fine tune that or is it something that's reported by the game?

Again, excellent App!! Looks superb on my wife's Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1! Nice Friggin' Work!!

Gaidin

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by JG27-Gaidin View Post

How does the app get it's info? All the dials, expect one, seem to be spot on. The only one that seems to be off is the Water Rad. The ingame visuals (the rad positioner on the wing, and handle postion) show the water rad at 75% but the app shows it at 58%. Is there a way to fine tune that or is it something that's reported by the game?
    Hi Gaidin,

I am glad you like the app.
    First of all, I assume you are talking about the the WRAD, blue slider control (see bellow)
    water.png

The desktop application is reading the CLODDeviceLink file and sends the data as json. The parameter for that slider is specified by this line in the config.ini:
    Water=A_EngineWaterRadiator,0
    where "water" is the name that will be given to the value and should be kept as it is, and "A_EngineWaterRadiator" and 0 are forming the address from where to read the data (See this thread: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=3887).

Now, the strange part is that Water is given by A_EngineWaterRadiator,0 and Oil is given by C_OilRadiator,0. Looking at the raw data from the CLODDeviceLink file I see there are no values for A_EngineOilRadiator and C_WaterRadiator. I don't know why that is, but that's how Virtual Cockpit does it too. I checked my application against the Virtual Cockpit and they seem in sync.

What I see in the game is that the water radiator value is decreasing when the right side crank is moved. I don't know if that's the correct crank though and I also don't know where the rad positioner on the wing that you are referring to is. Other than that, I've seen that the in game control that is supposed to show the same thing doesn't really work as it should, the oil is fine, but the water one has only three positions, top, middle, and bottom, and it only seems to show the direction the crank is going.

I hope this answer helps you, or maybe someone who knows more about the airplane can chime in.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    89.17 MB

Hi Gaidin,

I am glad you like the app.
    First of all, I assume you are talking about the the WRAD, blue slider control (see bellow)
    water.png

The desktop application is reading the CLODDeviceLink file and sends the data as json. The parameter for that slider is specified by this line in the config.ini:
    Water=A_EngineWaterRadiator,0
    where "water" is the name that will be given to the value and should be kept as it is, and "A_EngineWaterRadiator" and 0 are forming the address from where to read the data (See this thread: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=3887).

Now, the strange part is that Water is given by A_EngineWaterRadiator,0 and Oil is given by C_OilRadiator,0. Looking at the raw data from the CLODDeviceLink file I see there are no values for A_EngineOilRadiator and C_WaterRadiator. I don't know why that is, but that's how Virtual Cockpit does it too. I checked my application against the Virtual Cockpit and they seem in sync.

What I see in the game is that the water radiator value is decreasing when the right side crank is moved. I don't know if that's the correct crank though and I also don't know where the rad positioner on the wing that you are referring to is. Other than that, I've seen that the in game control that is supposed to show the same thing doesn't really work as it should, the oil is fine, but the water one has only three positions, top, middle, and bottom, and it only seems to show the direction the crank is going.

I hope this answer helps you, or maybe someone who knows more about the airplane can chime in.
    Howdy Miaig,

The Wing positioner, I'm talking about, can be seen by closing the water rad, all the way, and looking at the Wing root, on either side. You will notice a "pin" with rad settings on it. When this indicator is on 3/4, the app reads 58%. It's not that big of a deal as I've gotten used to the app's indication. As far as the crank; I just know what it's position is for 3/4 open. I was just wondering if there was a way of coordinating their respective indicators.

Thanks again for a great App!

P.S.
    As a further note; the wife is giving me the "eye" over the prospects of losing her tablet on game nights.

Salute,
    Gaidin

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

For Bf 109 (E3) CloD export data for A.EngineWaterRadiator.1 * in 0-1,00 format.

In (Windows) VirtualCockpit, the 50% correspond to ~1,25 water radiator crank turns (that turn 2,5 times), but the pin in wing show more than 1/2, around 60%.

BTW - The pin in wing monitors the radiator closure. If you dont see the pin the radiator is full open.

Conclusion, the wing indicator is uncalibrated by -20%.

* This 1 is parameter of sub type and varies from 0 to 9 depends on function or plane.

For oil radiator slider is used C_OilRadiator.1;
    Last edited by 1lokos; Mar-07-2015 at 15:31.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Gaidin, 1lokos,

If I understood correctly, this means that the app works as it should and the wing indicator is made so it's a bit off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.20 MB

S!

miaig, fantastic apps congratulations for the initiative.

I also have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Installed apps on my tablet, downloaded the file in config.in il2-stumovick cliffs of dover folder and changed the IP as indicated by the tablet, but the application does not work.

Did I do something wrong?

sorry for my english I'm using google translator

<O_

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Gaidin, 1lokos,

If I understood correctly, this means that the app works as it should and the wing indicator is made so it's a bit off.
    Exactly.

The pin in wing disappears when radiator is open, he should be placed a bit upper. See here:

http://s13.postimg.org/h5689vct3/rad2.jpg

Look at Blenheim flaps and radiator knobs, or prop pitch knobs, they are a bit off too. "It's CloD".
    Last edited by 1lokos; Mar-08-2015 at 13:05.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    89.17 MB

Quote Originally Posted by LBR=F.Stigler View Post
    S!

miaig, fantastic apps congratulations for the initiative.

I also have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Installed apps on my tablet, downloaded the file in config.in il2-stumovick cliffs of dover folder and changed the IP as indicated by the tablet, but the application does not work.

Did I do something wrong?

sorry for my english I'm using google translator

<O_
    Silly Question, Stigler;

Did you launch the app on your computer? You have to launch it on your computer so it will send the data.

Salute,
    Gaidin

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Similar thing happen to my.

Start the App on smartphone, see the IP (192.168.1.3), close.

Edit the ClodDataLink Conf.ini file

Launch the ClodDataLink. exe

Launch CloD - start a Bf 109 QM

See in ClodDataLink log the actual adjust for in game throttle (63%).

Start the App on smartphone, but the instruments don't show the readings...
    Last edited by 1lokos; Mar-08-2015 at 12:34.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    89.17 MB

Is this what's happening to you? Miaig put out an update for this problem, maybe you need the newer version.

Gaidin

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

For everybody that's been having problems and they have the latest version (the latest version has a "SHOW IP" option in the action bar), please download this application: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dreceive&hl=en
    Next, choose "receive only" for the mode, change the "local port" to 6001 and click on "start listening". If ClodDataLine.exe is started (doesn't matter if the game itself is started or not), you will see something like this scrolling fast in the response window:
    {"OilPress":-100000.00, "Throttle":-100000.00, "Mixture":-100000.00, "Slip":-100000.00, "OilTemp":-100000.00, "RightMG":-100000.00, "RightCannon":-100000.00, "Fuel":-100000.00, "Water":-100000.00, "Oil":-100000.00, "Velocity":-100000.00, "WaterTemp":-100000.00, "RPM":-100000.00, "Compass":-100000.00, "LeftMG":-100000.00, "LeftCannon":-100000.00, "FuelPress":-100000.00, "Altitude":-100000.00, "Pitch":-100000.00, "Turn":-100000.00, "ManPress":-100000.00}

I've attached a screenshot to make it easier:device-2015-03-08-131832.png

My guess would be that the problem is on the desktop side (firewall maybe?) but I could be wrong (again). Anyway, please let me know what are the results of this test.

Another thing to note is that if the application doesn't receive any data the slip/turn indicator (bottom, second from the left) will be centered, if the application is receiving data but the ClodDataLink.exe isn't connected to the game, then the slip/turn indicator will show a turn to the left and the ball to the right.

edit: One more thing to try in case the old bug is still somehow around: restart the tablet, check that your ip address is still the same (go to settings->wi-fi->advanced->ip adress), start the app and _dont_ close it and see if it works. It is important that you don't close or minimize the application after the reboot.
    Last edited by miaig; Mar-08-2015 at 16:42.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Did the UDP test.

Data received on smartphone OK, I use shoot some cannon shells to easy monitor changes.

The IP is showed - in UPD and App - as 192.168.1.2, same set on Config.

The UDP log inform a IP 192.168.1.4:63915 but only receive in are used 192.168.1.2:6001 in CloDDataLink Config.

Smartphone restated, open App, dont close, open CloDDataLink on PC...

But the "ball" still on center - the instruments dont move...
    Last edited by 1lokos; Mar-08-2015 at 19:23.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

That's a bummer. Which smartphone do you have, and which android and kernel version? (should be under settings->about tablet)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Motorola Moto G Generation II - Android 5.02

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Motorola Moto G Generation II - Android 5.02
    I'm working on adding some error messages (but without making them too annoying). I'm also very close to finishing the support for the DCS version of bf109 and fw190. I will probably make an update in a day or two.

Edit: I forgot the bad news. I can not reproduce the problem. I tried running the app on a 5.0.1 android image and it seems fine. I don't have an actual device that has android 5.0 or greater unfortunately (my nexus 10 has big issues with the wi-fi on android 5.0 so I am keeping it on 4.4)
    Last edited by miaig; Mar-09-2015 at 02:26.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Ok, a new update is out (well, not just yet, it takes a few hours for Google to publish updates). It adds support for both the bf 109 and the fw 190 for DCS.

For the people that have been having problems: I've tested the app on a Nexus with Android 5.0.2 and it worked so I still don't know what the problem is
    I've added two debug features: one is "Display test data". It will make the dials jump to a preset position. Let me know if they don't. Another feature is a "Show errors" menu option that will be checked. If you start the desktop application (ClodDataLink.exe), hopefully you will see some errors. You will only see a certain error once. You need to uncheck and then check again "Show errors" to see them again.

When exiting the application you will probably see a "read error" message. That is normal. If you don't want to see errors at all, just uncheck the "Show error" menu option and you won't see them again.

Enjoy.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    89.17 MB

Salute and Howdy Miaig,

Flew, for the first time, online, with your app; it was awesome! After getting an answer from my previous post I went on the assumption the wing indicator was wrong and used your app's water rad and temp settings. I found I could leave it in the 75% range with no I'll effects. Just the ability to be able to see the water temps gives me a warm fuzzy! WELL DONE!

As a side note wife went from giving me the "eye" to making the comment "you need to get your own". May consider it. I know the Galaxy Note 10.1 has a quad core but is it needed? What would the minimal specs, for a tablet, be to run as smooth as her Galaxy? I won't use it for anything but your app so don't want to put out the bucks for another 10.1.

Thanks,
    Gaidin

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    241.13 MB

Tried it last night with my Galaxy Tab 4 (running Android 4.4.2)...outstanding! Once I get my second PC up to run the instruments software for my cockpit I'll probably let my son run this on my tablet. He is currently practicing with his new X55 and TrackIR 4 he got for his birthday to get ready to fly the "unfrendly" skies of ATAG!

Thanks for adding the support for DCS! I'm using Helios in my cockpit right now but it doesn't support all the DCS modules as far as I can tell....this helps lot!
    Vae Victis!

"He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight." - Sun Tzu

Come watch the fun!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast