Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Duxford 2015....The Jolly Boys Outing!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Duxford 2015....The Jolly Boys Outing!!

Duxford 2015 - The Jolly Boys Outing...

Well folks its that time of year again when we rally the troops and get some interest going for the 'Duxford Flying Legends Airshow'..Europes Largest Gathering of Warbirds..

The dates this year are...
    Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 July 2015

This will be our 8th year........Beers, WW2 aircraft, Good Company...It doesn't get much better than that!

Here's 2011 trailer...

and 2010 trailer

The tickets this year are £31 per adult (in advance)n or £34.50 (on the day)

Here's the link to the Duxford website....

http://www.iwm.org.uk/visits/iwm-duxford

Every year we camp in a very lovely campsite in Cambridge (I highly recommend it!). A free bus service takes us to the airshow on Saturday morning and in the evenings we share a taxi into Cambridge to get ratfaced...We camp Friday and Saturday night and leave for home Sunday afternoon...

Here's the address to the campsite, telephone number and link to the campsite website...

19 Cabbage Moor
    Great Shelford
    Cambridge
    CB22 5NB

01223 841185

http://camping.uk-directory.com/Camb..._Site_2721.php

If anyone is going and wants to meet up then post in this thread..Meet in the Eagle Pub...or at the Airshow....or on the Campsite...It'd be a real shame if we all get there and not know who is who or meet....That would be just wrong!!

...Lew...

The famous Eagle Pub with WW2 USAAF and RAF squadron graffitti preserved ceiling and with 'Double Helix' plaque!..Yes at first it starts out as a very educational and inspiring visit...and then we get totally wankered!

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

2. Likes ChiefRedCloud liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Re: Duxford 2015....The Jolly Boys Outing!!

I'll be in the Eagle on the Friday night, probably around 7.30pm with my wife. On the two-days I will be in the Gold Pass area but obviously wandering around the airfield and stalls.
    If I don't see you in the usually heaving Eagle pub, post in this thread on the day as to where you are and I'll try and hook up and say hello

Cheers, MP
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

See you in the Eagle Friday night MP..We are ALWAYS there on the Friday evening...
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    376.42 MB

We try to get some guys from the 71st also
    That be fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It takes an airplane to bring out the worst in a pilot.
    ((dB)) youTube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

It didnt happen without pictures!

Nowdays you boys even can sing along and make a movie

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.0 KB

I would love to go to that.

It's been a long time since I've been in the UK. My wife would enjoy the show too. Perhaps next summer if it's a good year.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    345.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Decibel dB View Post
    We try to get some guys from the 71st also
    That be fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Most of us are grounded on the other side of the pond... too bad.
    Spitfire pilots in a nutshell:
    "Hurricanes are shit planes for remtards on free dinners. This is me being them, right: "Ohh ohh, I'm flying a Hurricane, it's a shit plane, I'm rubbish and my mom goes chippy in her slippers!""
    -Armstrong & Miller Show

9. Likes 71st_AH_Gamecock (XR-G) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    376.42 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 71st_AH_SMOKEJUMPER (XRC) View Post
    I would love to go to that.

It's been a long time since I've been in the UK. My wife would enjoy the show too. Perhaps next summer if it's a good year.

Great man never delay later what they can do now .....Two of us already have the tickets. Maybe 3
    It takes an airplane to bring out the worst in a pilot.
    ((dB)) youTube Channel

Supporting Member 71st_AH_Splinter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

I am already going

12. Likes 71st_AH_Gamecock (XR-G) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Here we go again...

Can't wait!

FS~Valisk 'Val' FY-V COUPE DES CLUBS CHAMPIONS EUROPÉENS VAINQUERS SIX FOIS
    Rome. London. Paris. Rome. Istanbul. Madrid.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    447.92 MB

I'll be coming as long as the baby arrives on time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Rgrt Monkey....I'm booked up on campsite.....Probably arrive around midday Friday with any luck....Should be fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

I'd love to go, problem is I'm in canada and I'll be fifteen . . .

Flare

PS- Lew, new sig? I like it, it's got the Spit V, but I think that's a War Thunder concept art . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Rgrt Flare...Would be good to meet you in person....sigh!...That's the problem with the internet...We get to meet people 'virtually' but often that's about it...Its a small world and getting smaller but at the moment still too big to meet folks across the pond easily.....

RE : Sig......Yeah, not sure where the pic came from...I had it knocking about somewhere so threw it in a sig just for a change...I rotate them from time to time...~S~
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Jun-13-2015 at 05:24.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

This thread has succeeded in making me exceedingly jealous.
    Hope you all have a terrific time as I'm sure you will by the looks of it...

Time to save up for a flight out there next year!
    Last edited by Biggs; Jun-13-2015 at 13:09.

19. Likes 71st_AH_Splinter liked this post
    Supporting Member 9./JG52 Mindle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    911.26 MB

Wanted to come along but my daughter is going to be fighting in Kidderminster that weekend. She's into judo, not a delinquent.

Windows 10 64-bit; Intel Core i5-4670K @ 3.4 GHz Processor; 16.0 GB RAM; NVIDIA GTX970; TM Warthog HOTAS; MFG Crosswinds; Track IR5

21. Likes 71st_AH_Splinter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.09 MB

YES! I'm going!

YES!! The Eagle!!

ok, do we have a secret hand shake or anything?

"Always treat your kite like you treat your woman... Climb inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back..."

i7 4790k o/c 4.7ghz, water cooled, 16gb Veng pro 2400mhz ram, MSI GTX980ti, 250gb SSD, X-55 H.O.T.A.S, Thrustmaster Warthog, Combat Rudder pedals, TrackIR5, GHD Hair straightners, Quite a nice kettle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.09 MB

Hmm.. camping... I have a friend who is coming down from t'north who is looking to camp, unsure as to whether I will be camping as I'm only down the road in Eton

However... If I do decide I will bring down a load of crates of beer, I run a bar in central London and I sell some lovely craft beer! anyone have any particular preferences?

sod it.. I'll swing by the campsite and drop some off with you lot because I'm nice like that

"Always treat your kite like you treat your woman... Climb inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back..."

i7 4790k o/c 4.7ghz, water cooled, 16gb Veng pro 2400mhz ram, MSI GTX980ti, 250gb SSD, X-55 H.O.T.A.S, Thrustmaster Warthog, Combat Rudder pedals, TrackIR5, GHD Hair straightners, Quite a nice kettle.

24. Likes InvaderZim, 71st_AH_Splinter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Woza....All the details of the camping (if your mate is camping) are in the initial post....Best campsite in UK me thinks...Its real nice, flat, first class fascilities...Check it out on google earth...We usually camp in the back fireld..(there's only one)..That's were you will find us after midday on the Friday...

Look forward to it...

PS..We never are short of beer,wine and vodka and whisky and usually end up taking crates home with us...lol

Here is my mobile telephone number for anyone who is around over the weekend...ring me or text me

Lew....: 07752 313068

26. Likes Wozaworld liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi folks well due to a couple of things I'm not going to be able to make it this year I've Just moved and have to get stuff from storage on that weekend as it's the only time I have at the moment. Add that to the fact I can't get a pitch on Cabbage Moor as I left it too late to book, which I know wouldn't be a problem but it served to focus my mind on what needs to be done.

Anyway hope you all have a blast and hopefully I'll be able to make it next year.

Frankie

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

FRANNNNNKKKKKIIIIEEEEEE......NOOOOOOO!!!..

Sorry you can't make it buddy....real shame...But we are there every year so there will be plenty of other opportunities for a get together...

The campsite is fully booked??...I have not booked as late as this and already have my pitch there this year but there's not a year goes by that it is full in the field so....that's a bit worrying....Might have to get in the habit of booking earlier every year to avoid not getting a pitch at the campsite......Yoikes

Have fun Frankie....~S~

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Just Rang the campsite and they still have 3 pitches on grass for the weekend...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

As Lewis also know, some squadmates and myself will be coming to the Airshow and to the Eagle's pub friday evening...

Will be a pleasure to meet you there...

Cant wait!!!
    Phenom II X4 970 3,5 Ghz, Gigabyte 890GPA UD3H, 8GB RAM GSKILL RIP-JAWS 1333, Gigabyte GTX 770 2GB, W7 64
    www.alasdeacero.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Hi shot this footage at last-years....just a great day (2-days ) out:

"The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

32. Likes Holger_081, Wozaworld liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    345.02 MB

I hate you guys so much!
    Spitfire pilots in a nutshell:
    "Hurricanes are shit planes for remtards on free dinners. This is me being them, right: "Ohh ohh, I'm flying a Hurricane, it's a shit plane, I'm rubbish and my mom goes chippy in her slippers!""
    -Armstrong & Miller Show

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Pato Salvaje View Post
    As Lewis also know, some squadmates and myself will be coming to the Airshow and to the Eagle's pub friday evening...

Will be a pleasure to meet you there...

Cant wait!!!
    It will be good to see you Pato...~S~

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Do you guys set up in any particular spot? I'll be there on the Sunday meeting fellow group members for the first time - but it would be good to drop by and say hello to fellow CLOD players from ATAG too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Yes Bonkin....we are in the field at the back...There's only one..here's an overhead of the campsite and where we usually camp....Bear in mind we will be leaving Sunday morn...so why not get down the night before and have some beers with us on Saturday night?....

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for the invite. I'm actually driving down early on the Sunday morning so won't see you in the pub or campsite. What I was wondering was whether anybody congregates at a particular spot at the airshow... and secondly, how you would be recognised ?

Is anybody actually going on the Sunday or are you guys there for the Saturday show only?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Oh..Noo...Doesn't look like we are going to get the chance to meet up Bonkin...We will be away on the Sunday back home....

You know...There's a few folks from Yorkshire....I am near South Yorkshire....We should pick a pub and just have a meet sometime with as many folks as we can....I'm sure we could get a few folks for a beer in a pub that we haven't got to travel too far to go to....I've been thinking of starting a post...I'll wait until Dux is over then see what interest there is out there...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast