Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blenheims to Boulogne videos

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    491.75 MB

Re: Blenheims to Boulogne videos

Quote Originally Posted by gr00ve View Post
    it looks like i posted video in wrong thread, so ill post video here as well.

I think the Blennie getting ripped apart at 2:40 is mine. No 10 squadron ZA-J. Always wanted to be a movie star, thanks Groove Excellent video. That Spitty looks amazing too. Both the 109 and Spitfire flown with great skill
    Last edited by ATAG_Jerry; Jun-16-2015 at 03:32.

"A chap could bend a Spitfire with one finger" Wing Commander Tom Neil.

2. Likes 9./JG52 gr00ve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I think the Blennie getting ripped apart at 2:40 is mine. No 10 squadron ZA-J. Always wanted to be a movie star, thanks Groove Excellent video. That Spitty looks amazing too. Both the 109 and Spitfire flown with great skill
    I thought it was mine, but not my tail marking.

That's how I died too. Being the first Bomber in line is a death sentence.

~S~

Supporting Member DoubleStandards's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    282.89 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart View Post

We NEED to make this a normal event, maybe every Saturday? I was quite upset I couldn't make this one.
    I agree. A month between events is too long. I know it takes the guys a lot to put these together so it might be asking too much. These events have spoiled me. Now I am finding "regular" days on ATAG Server are a bit boring lol. Even Sunday when the server showed 100/100players on I found it quite dull.

Maybe we can get ATAG to run server 2 with one of the small AO maps every Saturday or Sunday for impromptu mini events.

DS

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    294.72 MB

DS, one of the original impetus for creating the bomber missions is that after we have enough missions created to have a ligitimate "rotation" of potential missions, we will turn the mission packages over to the community, the missions will be in their own thread so community organizers can have a choice of running their own events from a selection of missions that suits the players.

Whether we will ever get there remains to be seen but it was one of the original ideas posed when we started the creation of the event maps. Perhaps one day you will have your wish. For now we will continue to develop the ideas we have until that day comes.

Z

Supporting Member DoubleStandards's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    282.89 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_InvaderZim View Post
    DS, one of the original impetus for creating the bomber missions is that after we have enough missions created to have a ligitimate "rotation" of potential missions, we will turn the mission packages over to the community, the missions will be in their own thread so community organizers can have a choice of running their own events from a selection of missions that suits the players.

Whether we will ever get there remains to be seen but it was one of the original ideas posed when we started the creation of the event maps. Perhaps one day you will have your wish. For now we will continue to develop the ideas we have until that day comes.

Z
    Thanks Zim! That's excellent news.

DS

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.09 MB

Well.. Movie maker is a pile of crap.

Got myself Sony Vegas, Never used it before so this vid isn't perfect, somehow upon rendering it over exposed on colour, so I scaled it back and messed around, I ended up putting an almost Band of Brothers style sheen to the vid.

Might not be to everyone's taste, the tracks I used also seemed very jumpy/laggy

Anyways, first attempt.. now I know what to do and look for next time!

Enjoy (or not)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4ku...ature=youtu.be

"Always treat your kite like you treat your woman... Climb inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back..."

i7 4790k o/c 4.7ghz, water cooled, 16gb Veng pro 2400mhz ram, MSI GTX980ti, 250gb SSD, X-55 H.O.T.A.S, Thrustmaster Warthog, Combat Rudder pedals, TrackIR5, GHD Hair straightners, Quite a nice kettle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    141.17 MB

Great stuff Wozaworld look forward to lots more Please

9. Likes Wozaworld liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Good Video, Woza.

Some really great angles in there.

11. Likes Wozaworld liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    139.65 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Wozaworld View Post
    Well.. Movie maker is a pile of crap.

Got myself Sony Vegas, Never used it before so this vid isn't perfect, somehow upon rendering it over exposed on colour, so I scaled it back and messed around, I ended up putting an almost Band of Brothers style sheen to the vid.

Might not be to everyone's taste, the tracks I used also seemed very jumpy/laggy]
    lol I though it was my screen. Nice work though man I'm also trying to learn me some Sony Vagas. There is so much you can do with it I don't know where to start.

13. Likes Wozaworld liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.09 MB

Thanks chaps!

Great to hear you enjoyed it!

I shall be doing plenty more when I get the chance

more campaigns please!

"Always treat your kite like you treat your woman... Climb inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back..."

i7 4790k o/c 4.7ghz, water cooled, 16gb Veng pro 2400mhz ram, MSI GTX980ti, 250gb SSD, X-55 H.O.T.A.S, Thrustmaster Warthog, Combat Rudder pedals, TrackIR5, GHD Hair straightners, Quite a nice kettle.

15. Likes ATAG_yotheguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    839.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Wozaworld View Post
    Enjoy (or not)
    Some uncanny shots you pulled off there, Wozaworld. Not even sure how a couple of them were made. Your formation flyby at 1:10 is stellar. I don't think I've ever seen anyone do it quite that way before. Really terrific!

Thanks. Enjoyed it a lot.
    Long Live Team Fusion.
    Long Live ATAG.
    How can I help?

17. Likes Wozaworld liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.09 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Turn View Post
    Some uncanny shots you pulled off there, Wozaworld. Not even sure how a couple of them were made. Your formation flyby at 1:10 is stellar. I don't think I've ever seen anyone do it quite that way before. Really terrific!

Thanks. Enjoyed it a lot.

I'm not entirely sure how I managed it! spent the afternoon on it in between nappy changing and cooking for the wife... must of gotten lucky with some shots I guess? Only found out how to use tracks the other day, I usually just use fraps. Had no idea you could record in the game and manage externals through ATAG. I had always thought the in game recording was broken.. (I'm an idiot)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Great video Woza! Wasn't that keen on the music, but otherwise it was great. What really adds to the immersion is adding TeamSpeak chatter on the "cinematic" track recording. It's hard to line it up (and you end up having to cut lots out) but it's worth it!

Some other tips to make it look better.

1. Use the 60 or 30 degree FOV setting, and move the camera back, instead of using the 90 degree FOV. It makes the view more like the view from a human eye and doesn't give you "stretched" planes. You can change the FOV using the DEL, END, and PgDwn keys.

2. To get a more cinematic effect, use a 2.35:1 aspect ratio. Instead of doing that in vegas, a trick is to put some black bars on your vid that makes it look "widescreen" yet still keeps it 1920x1080 for uploading to YouTube. The image which I made is here: http://i.imgur.com/wTK6HKa.png Just place it on your upper-most video layer and you're set.

3. Titles/credits? It ends and starts rather abruptly.

That's all! Good shots, smooth panning (gosh I wish I had TrackIR), and this is your first one! You're well on your way to becoming the next CloD filmmaker.

Flare

20. Likes Wozaworld liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.09 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Flare View Post
    Great video Woza! Wasn't that keen on the music, but otherwise it was great. What really adds to the immersion is adding TeamSpeak chatter on the "cinematic" track recording. It's hard to line it up (and you end up having to cut lots out) but it's worth it!

Some other tips to make it look better.

1. Use the 60 or 30 degree FOV setting, and move the camera back, instead of using the 90 degree FOV. It makes the view more like the view from a human eye and doesn't give you "stretched" planes. You can change the FOV using the DEL, END, and PgDwn keys.

2. To get a more cinematic effect, use a 2.35:1 aspect ratio. Instead of doing that in vegas, a trick is to put some black bars on your vid that makes it look "widescreen" yet still keeps it 1920x1080 for uploading to YouTube. The image which I made is here: http://i.imgur.com/wTK6HKa.png Just place it on your upper-most video layer and you're set.

3. Titles/credits? It ends and starts rather abruptly.

That's all! Good shots, smooth panning (gosh I wish I had TrackIR), and this is your first one! You're well on your way to becoming the next CloD filmmaker.

Flare

Thanks Flare! some great tips, thank you!

I wish I'd of spent a little more time on it now to be honest, I was rushing it towards the end to send it to a friend.. plus I was getting a bit tired of seeing the same screen. I didn't know (and still don't) how to get a title screen or credit screen on, I spent a good two hours on movie maker which really drained my patience, and after rendering this vid I realized the resolution wasn't great.

I've a few notes to myself for the next vid, Teamspeak recording is definitely one of them.

Many many thanks Flare! and the rest of you guys, didn't really expect this reception! itching for more campaigns now!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12