View Poll Results: Which major Mod for IL2 1946 should ATAG go with?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • UP 3.0 RC4

2 9.52%
  • HSFX 6.0

13 61.90%
  • Just have Colander write a brand new Sim.

6 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IL2 1946 Server Vote!! UP 3.0 RC4 Or HSFX 6.0

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

IL2 1946 Server Vote!! UP 3.0 RC4 Or HSFX 6.0

Well I thought I'd start a poll regarding our 1946 server and what major mod we should be running on it, there are really only two contenders here UP 3.0 RC4 and HSFX 6, so please let your voices be heard and let us know. The poll is set to go two weeks but we may start rolling on it sooner than that if it turns out to be heavily in favor of HSFX, if it's in favor of UP 3.0 then really all we need is lots of suggestions as far as missions, planesets, etc. So everyone, have at it!

ATAG_WatchMan.
    Last edited by ATAG_WatchMan; Jun-28-2012 at 09:41.

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: IL 1946 Server Vote!! UP 3.0 RC4 Or HSFX 6.0

P.S. I'm not gonna vote I'm just here to serve the communities needs.:happy

Heaven, I've already served my time in Hell!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    12.34 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_WatchMan View Post
    Well I thought I'd start a poll regarding our 1946 server and what major mod we should be running on it, there are really only two contenders here UP 3.0 RC4 and HSFX 6, so please let your voices be heard and let us know. The poll is set to go two weeks but we may start rolling on it sooner than that if it turns out to be heavily in favor of HSFX, if it's in favor of UP 3.0 then really all we need is lots of suggestions as far as missions, planesets, etc. So everyone, have at it!

ATAG_WatchMan.

~S~ All,

My vote is for HSFX all the way.

My reasoning:

I like 4.11.1 over 4.10.1. HSFX has been built to keep pace with official TD updates. UP diverged at 4.10.1.

Improved AI (they don't just fly crazy barrel rolls)

Overheat feature...You have to be much more cognizant of your CEM. More CloDish if that makes sense.

Native 6dof

I like the FM in Expert Mode, feels more realistic.

Designed for online war.

I've been having fun with HSFX 6.0 the past few days. It's an easy install (much easier than UP). A very very nice distraction from 1C, the banana boards, and time filler until CloD is fixed as it should be.

~S~

Deacon
    Last edited by ATAG_Deacon; Jun-26-2012 at 14:16. Reason: because sometimes I am an idiot...
    Celer, Silens, Mortalis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

You need 2 more options:
    3.- I don't know. I have not tried A, B or either.
    4.- Whatever. I don't mind/care.

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Colander, I follow the acronym "KISS", mostly for my own sake.:happy

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I voted for 6.0 hsfx for the reasons Deacon has stated

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

I'm not going to vote as I haven't played IL2 for a couple years up to the UP 3.0 I recently installed.

I'll let those that have played both decide. I'm good either way, just want to finally enjoy a game that works!

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Jamz Dackel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.0 KB

Yea..the new HSFX is pretty cool..

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

HSFX all they way. Looks & plays better than CloD. A BoB mission on the channel 1940 map with proper plane setwould be pretty sweet. Also, expert mode is a must.
    Last edited by 9./JG52 Hans Gruber; Jun-26-2012 at 20:33.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    10.90 MB

The Ghostskies community http://www.ghostskies.com will assist ATAG in any way needed. We currently use IL2 4.10.1m plus UP 3.0 RC4 and have a ton of experience creating our online war.

cya n the skies

TUSA/Nuwen

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

HAHAHAHA I might be needing a job soon so I'll vote for option 3

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Lol, looks like Colanders up and coming flight sim is in second place. In all seriousness I was playing HSFX today and the effects package is very nice and the additional options in the FMB are impressive too. My only concern is to me what appears to be some sound bugs relating to the dlls (safe or extended) on my system and that lack of additional memory options on both the player side ad server side. I'll have to look into it a bit more because I'm sure there are some work-arounds.

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by TUSA/Nuwen View Post
    The Ghostskies community http://www.ghostskies.com will assist ATAG in any way needed. We currently use IL2 4.10.1m plus UP 3.0 RC4 and have a ton of experience creating our online war.

cya n the skies

TUSA/Nuwen
    Thanks Nuwen, as things develop further I'll get in touch with you.

Dutch

Voted option 3.

Sorry Colander, but it was the only alternative option :Grin:

I know I didn't like ultrapack, owing to problems in the track editor and a lot of dodgy cockpits and a/c models. I always preferred my AAA installation although the Channel map was less detailed.

I've never tried HSFX, but if this evolved from AAA (don't know....?) I'd go with this.

On the other hand the whole thing still feels like going backwards to me, but think I'll have a go with HSFX owing to the good reports from others.

The latest patch update from 777 is pretty damned awesome though................!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: IL2 1946 Server Vote!! UP 3.0 RC4 Or HSFX 6.0

HSFX 6.0 but yes there were a few moments with a sound bug. Went away after a reboot and haven't noticed it since.
    You don't stop playing because you grow old - you grow old because you stopped playing.

i7 980 @ 3.33 GHz (12 CPUs), Win 7 64-bit, 12 Gig DDR3, Gigabyte GTX 480 4 Gig, Corsair AX1200 PSU, CH Combatstick, CH Pedals, CH Quadrant, Track IR5. Upgrading to a GTX 680 when the wife blinks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

HSFX 6.0 please! More stable, less bugs, better sounds, better graphics, easier to install and setup.

Blue Skies,

-Doodle

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Well, I'm HSFX'd to go at last! It took many hours, but now it's done I just cannot get interested enough to go through all the key-mapping etc. It feels like too much of a step backwards.

I keep going round my flight-sims and other games trying to get hooked on something other than 'relaxing cigarettes' while I wait in hope for Cliffs but no luck so far. My Dwarf is now a level 25, has 3 gold in the bank and a horse, my solitaire score is now up to 17% win and I've joined the 1940s Chicago Mafia, what a waste of time

Game-play is what counts for me though and I'm sure there's some fun to be had with il2 so I've done enough to be able to make the numbers up in a fighter. I'm ready to get some on-line time in but I'll not be competitive.

So, my view is not necessary but for what it's worth I prefer the look and feel of HSFX so far. (In all honesty I could not face changing it again anyway).

Septic.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    12.34 MB

Well, I'm HSFX'd to go at last! It took many hours, but now it's done I just cannot get interested enough to go through all the key-mapping etc.
    copy your conf.ini & user file from your UP 3.0 folder and your key mapping etc. is done!
    Celer, Silens, Mortalis

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Thanks Deacon but I didn't map any for that either so it's start from scratch with views, buttons etc.

Hope your Dad's having a better day mate.

Septic.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Dutch

Hmmm, just hopped onto BF2 server which is HSFX. Not full real, but cockpit on.

I was the only one on the server at the time.

It was winter, Russian Front, thick overcast and snowing. Very low visibility.

I took off in my trusty old IL2 Sturmovik 1941 Field Mod, loaded with those AP bombs and well, I've got to admit it all came flooding back.

Soooo atmospheric, engine sounds fantastic. In fact I recorded the track so might do a quick vid to post.

Liked it. Quite a lot. May have to eat my words after all..................

Edit: Sod the vid, the patch is out!
    Last edited by Dutch; Jun-29-2012 at 12:39.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

ok, since 40% of you voted for me to release the patch, here is the alpha version:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/fqdcd6
    http://oron.com/81rjstgyndnu

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Sounds like HSFX is the way to go, well, besides Colander of course

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Um, Colander a link to the CLOD patch, really? Okay so barring the possibility that Colander doesn't have his awesome ww2 flight sim ready by mid July, I think I'll start making preparations to install HSFX on our main server, unless anyone has a strong objection to it.

I really have to stress that although IL2 1946 doesn't have all the eye candy of other flight sims it is absolutely superior when it comes to variety, stability and immersion. I really can't praise it enough, so I'm encouraging anyone who happens along this thread to get HSFX and give this game another look. As it stands right now, even with the latest patch we most likely will never see another game like 1946 again. I really don't see 1c going that direction with a sequel and even if they do it will be years before we see anything close to what we can get now with HSFX and Ultrapack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_WatchMan View Post

I really have to stress that although IL2 1946 doesn't have all the eye candy of other flight sims it is absolutely superior when it comes to variety, stability and immersion. I really can't praise it enough, so I'm encouraging anyone who happens along this thread to get HSFX and give this game another look. As it stands right now, even with the latest patch we most likely will never see another game like 1946 again. I really don't see 1c going that direction with a sequel and even if they do it will be years before we see anything close to what we can get now with HSFX and Ultrapack.
    +1
    You don't stop playing because you grow old - you grow old because you stopped playing.

i7 980 @ 3.33 GHz (12 CPUs), Win 7 64-bit, 12 Gig DDR3, Gigabyte GTX 480 4 Gig, Corsair AX1200 PSU, CH Combatstick, CH Pedals, CH Quadrant, Track IR5. Upgrading to a GTX 680 when the wife blinks.

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I have instlled HSFX v6.0 plus the patch and, using JSGME, added Expert and History (not sure if you need 'History'?), perfect textures, etc, but when trying to access the ATAG server I get the message saying the server is using a different version (v6.0). I tried with and without Expert mode, History etc but get the same message. The HSFX install is working in SP and on other servers running that version plus mini fix (minus expert)

Had a few trials on the ATAG UP3 server and no problems...(except for the AI Sniper rear gunners....jeez!).

I will vote after I get a few SP/MP sorties in on both versions.
    [CENTER][/CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - MSFF2/X45Th - Asus 23' Monitor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

Didn't work for me either: said "wrong version" however I have been on it before ?? Dunno

Asus Z390 MB, 32 GB Corsair RAM, 850 W Power Supply, Intel Core i7 9700K GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 G and about a dozen squirrels running on a wheel that I sometimes forget to feed !

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Knuckles, not just me then! I can join HSFX servers running V6.0.1 without the Expert mode (i.e Aces over Europe) but not any server running v6.0.1 with expert enabled, these give a wrong version error message.

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - MSFF2/X45Th - Asus 23' Monitor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    12.34 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_EvangelusE View Post
    Thanks Knuckles, not just me then! I can join HSFX servers running V6.0.1 without the Expert mode (i.e Aces over Europe) but not any server running v6.0.1 with expert enabled, these give a wrong version error message.
    I just joined ATAG HSFX with Expert enabled through HyperLobby without issue.
    Celer, Silens, Mortalis

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Deacon, the problem is Windows 7 Administrator rights. JSGME shows that it has transferred the mods in the window but the mods are not actually written to the game. Expert mode should be shown in the start screen next to the version number and it wasn't. I had to change the read/write priviledges for JSGME even though i am logged in as the Administrator. Thanks for confirming it should have worked - all sorted now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

Guess I'll have to figure mine out now: used to work !!!!

Asus Z390 MB, 32 GB Corsair RAM, 850 W Power Supply, Intel Core i7 9700K GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 G and about a dozen squirrels running on a wheel that I sometimes forget to feed !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast