Thread: heinkill has just uploaded Murmansk REDUX Russian winter campaign!

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    484.9 KB

heinkill has just uploaded Murmansk REDUX Russian winter campaign!

heinkill has just uploaded Murmansk REDUX Russian winter campaign!

In five weeks during late 1941 two squadrons of RAF Hurricanes arrived at Murmansk in Russia to deliver and train Russian pilots in the new lend-lease Hurricane. The remit of 151 Wing was to provide both training and operational support to the Soviet Army. The Hawker Hurricane was not the most modern aircraft by late 1941, having been designed in the 1930s with priority given to ease of maintenance and operation in arduous field conditions, but it proved well suited to conditions around Murmansk

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    174.32 MB

Re: heinkill has just uploaded Murmansk REDUX Russian winter campaign!

I have not been able to find a readme file with this download. How should I install this? I read somewhere about having to edit an ini file but it never said which.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    366.25 MB

Question Re: heinkill has just uploaded Murmansk REDUX Russian winter campaign!

I downloaded the Murmansk campaign v1.1 but am wondering which folder the skins go.Do they go in The Documents 1CSoftClub/ il-2 sturmovik cliffs of
    dover/Paintschemes/Skins directory or the Steam/steamapps/common/il-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover/PaintSchemes/Skins folder? Skins are the only thing i
    am a bit unsure of where to install i have installed many other campaigns no problem as they had a readme ;How can you tell by looking at the skins which folder they would go in if there is no readme?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Marrknine View Post
    I downloaded the Murmansk campaign v1.1 but am wondering which folder the skins go.Do they go in The Documents 1CSoftClub/ il-2 sturmovik cliffs of
    dover/Paintschemes/Skins directory or the Steam/steamapps/common/il-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover/PaintSchemes/Skins folder? Skins are the only thing i
    am a bit unsure of where to install i have installed many other campaigns no problem as they had a readme ;How can you tell by looking at the skins which folder they would go in if there is no readme?
    Skins go it the Steam folder (Steam/steamapps/common/il-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover/PaintSchemes/Skins.

If that doesn't work then try putting them in the 1CSoftClub folder in your documents (or user/documents). I think it depends a little on where you have installed the game (on a separate drive or not).

There are more skins in the download section of the forum, if you want them:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c.../Downloads.php

Cheers
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    454.72 MB

Can't get this to show up in campaigns...

Haven't found any install instructions anywhere, included or otherwise, but followed the same as the Malta campaign and:

added "[campaign_mk]
    folder campaign_mk
    title Murmansk!
    image poster.bmp"

to the Campaigns.ini, and also created an empty Murmansk folder in the correct place in My Documents, but unlike Malta campaigns it won't show up...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

DOES THIS CAMPAIGN STILL WORK? I have a ( probably) ancient download of this campaign , both in "Campaigns" &" Single" Missions, but they both crash after getting all indications that would start. I liked having the option of flying in the far north & always thought CloD version of Winter was actually better than Great Battles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    [I]DOES THIS CAMPAIGN STILL WORK?
    No, this campaign was written for an early version of the Simulator before TFS improved, updated and fixed many, many things in the Simulator to make it the shining diamond it is today.

Have you played all the current campaigns supplied with the game? Which was your favourite?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Bonditaria View Post
    No, this campaign was written for an early version of the Simulator before TFS improved, updated and fixed many, many things in the Simulator to make it the shining diamond it is today.

Have you played all the current campaigns supplied with the game? Which was your favourite?
    Thanks for the update- too bad for me ...I really liked the winter map and these missions...oh well.I've played CloD since day one & have enjoyed all the improvements , but it would be difficult for me to name my favorite campaign.Certainly I'm enjoying the new ones on the Tobruk map ( and the one French one as well where i have been shot down numerous times by numerous Messerschmitts...) but with almost all the campaigns loaded and playable I do go back to the BoB careers of old.i find the southern England map still beautiful to fly over , but also enjoy the Malta version as well.
    I spend have of my "flying time" with CloD and the other half with GB's. The difference in Fm's are marked but managable.Of course GB has VR ,but I must say seeing developements here with VR are encouraging!
    Attached Images Attached Images