Thread: Knife Fight in a Phone Booth - DFing with TURK_Can!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Knife Fight in a Phone Booth - DFing with TURK_Can!

It nice to see 109s actually mix it up for a change, and boy does TURK_Can know how to wring out every last ounce of performance out of his ride when things get down and dirty.

S! Mr.Can

Last edited by Biggs; Jul-13-2015 at 18:30.

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Mindle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    911.26 MB

Knife Fight in a Phone Booth - DFing with TURK_Can!

Great vid! And yes Mr. can is awesome! it was great watching those reversals from your POV. Good kill too Biggs.
    Last edited by 9./JG52 Mindle; Jul-13-2015 at 17:57.

Windows 10 64-bit; Intel Core i5-4670K @ 3.4 GHz Processor; 16.0 GB RAM; NVIDIA GTX970; TM Warthog HOTAS; MFG Crosswinds; Track IR5

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Re: Knife Fight in a Phone Booth - DFing with TURK_Can!

Indeed great scissors from Turk_Can. Thx for posting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    839.4 KB

The reversal at 4:40 looks impossible. I've seen it a few times and it still perturbs me. Would like to see that from his cockpit. I suspect some of it must be due to game code smoothing some network lag, or something.

It's literally like different physics were applying in that footage. So, nice moves, for sure, to land hits!
    Long Live Team Fusion.
    Long Live ATAG.
    How can I help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Turn View Post
    The reversal at 4:40 looks impossible. I've seen it a few times and it still perturbs me. Would like to see that from his cockpit. I suspect some of it must be due to game code smoothing some network lag, or something.

It's literally like different physics were applying in that footage. So, nice moves, for sure, to land hits!
    yeah i dont know how he had the energy for that kind of maneuver... he somehow rudder turns over the top and and then yanks the stick back to put lead on me... and yet doesnt flick over into a stall

and they say spits pull 'impossible moves'?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by No.111_Biggs View Post
    yeah i dont know how he had the energy for that kind of maneuver... he somehow rudder turns over the top and and then yanks the stick back to put lead on me... and yet doesnt flick over into a stall

and they say spits pull 'impossible moves'?
    Its not impossible for the 109 and the pilot in the video

Turk knows the plane inside out. He do know what he can do with it. Piloting is not all about running full performance of the plane. CAN can do amazing stuff with his plane. I know, ive flown with him and against him. The video you post shows his abbility to control the 109. Amazing pilot!

P.S. I do know how he did it. But i will leave that for a "advanced" lesson about the 109

7. Likes ATAG_yotheguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    107.58 MB

Great flight.

Supporting Member 71st_AH_Splinter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    139.65 MB

Can't tell for sure but I think the part where you say you think you got hit by flack, you actually hit the other spit that was after Turk_Can. I think you might need some new glasses lol . Good job Turk_Can for fending off two spits like that.

11. Dislikes Biggs disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by yotheguy View Post
    Can't tell for sure but I think the part where you say you think you got hit by flack, you actually hit the other spit that was after Turk_Can. I think you might need some new glasses lol . Good job Turk_Can for fending off two spits like that.
    Negative... the stats said I was downed by flak... that was a piece of my cowling or wing that flew up in front of me. I was the only one close to him. no other spitfire went down either, just mine. You can see as I look back there was nothing around me just a spit about 1k above me. Plus that wing damage is not at all consistent with being collided with.

Careful making accusations like that yo.

Edit: look again and freeze the video @ 2:29. That is my left engine cowling, not someones wing.... seems like its you that needs the glasses.
    Last edited by Biggs; Jul-18-2015 at 12:22.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    139.65 MB

Quote Originally Posted by No.111_Biggs View Post
    Negative... the stats said I was downed by flak... that was a piece of my cowling or wing that flew up in front of me. I was the only one close to him. no other spitfire went down either, just mine. You can see as I look back there was nothing around me just a spit about 1k above me. Plus that wing damage is not at all consistent with being collided with.

Careful making accusations like that yo.

Edit: look again and freeze the video @ 2:29. That is my left engine cowling, not someones wing.... seems like its you that needs the glasses.
    Do you have the track file to back that up Biggsy? Can you say 100% it wasn't that Spitfire? From what I could see there is a good chance it was the other spit that was much closer then your claim of 1k (1,000ft) above you. Like I said it is hard to tell for sure from what you can see in the vid.

Maybe these pic's will help us out.
    00.jpg01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg

Anyway's this has taken up way to much of my time and would rather be flying so see you all up there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Looked to me like he throw a spitfire wing at you from his cockpit when you were getting into firing range...lol

Great video and fight...Manomano...Brilliant...Folks can learn a lot from this type of vid...Thanks for posting

PS...your video making skills are also top bananas!
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

15. Likes ATAG_yotheguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

shit ... didnt think id have to go all CIS on this but fine i will... that is NOT a spitfire wing... what you are in fact seeing is the INSIDE of the left engine cowling of MY plane...

1883-12.jpg

note the cowling piece on the upper left side of the image (the left engine cowling)... I cut and pasted it over the still at 2:29... And TA DA! theres your 'wing' Yo.

Cowling.png Cowling_overlay.png

also... if your STILL not convinced. Notice that all the damage is to the LEFT side of my plane... if that was somehow a collision on the left side then you would see the plane in question in clear view as I turn my head immediately after the 'collision' ...notice how there nothing there?

noplane.png noplane2.png
    ^does that even look like collision damage to you... wouldnt u think I would have i dont know... LOST MY WING? lol. no you know what it looks like? Flak damage! *gasp*

that spit is closer than 1k away but his position above and the distance from me would mean that he somehow defied the laws of physics and shot up and away from my plane moments after the so called collision... youve flown this game longer than i have.. you know what happens and what to expect visually when a collision takes place. you also know that in most cases one of the planes usually explodes on impact (bug if i ever saw one) or at the very least lose parts (wing, tail, etc)

I didnt record an in-game track, so as a 'friend' of mine, youre just going to have to take my word for it when i tell you net stats listed it as a bofors kill and made no mention of a second plane even crashing after mine.

youre seeing what you want to see yo... Im not sure why.

EDIT: Case Freakin' closed.... yo you should see an ophthalmologist buddy your 'assumption' as to where that spit was couldnt be more wrong ... re watch the film and look closer

spit1.pngSpit2.pngSpit3.pngSpit3_2.pngSpit4.png

... and the next frame is the cowling being blown off my plane by flak...

Im done.
    Last edited by Biggs; Jul-18-2015 at 17:09.

17. Dislikes busdriver disliked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.7 KB

Thxs mates ,

But many manevuers that ı have learned from TURK_Teo .Unfortunately he is not flying because of univercity career.

The link belongs to him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7n5...uVaJVI&index=3

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    139.65 MB

All I said was it was hard to tell but this is what it looked like to me. No need to send angry pm's. Sorry I said anything.
    Last edited by ATAG_yotheguy; Jul-18-2015 at 16:42.

20. Likes busdriver liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    355.85 MB

You can actually see the flak clouds in the sky that did the damage as he looks back right after the damage was done, sure looked like it to me anyhow.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.7 KB

ı found mine taken another video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_atCBjYxXY

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Turk Can has always been one of the better pilots in the game, but he also is now flying with a Squadron and in numbers which makes him even more dangerous.

I got online for the first time in six months yesterday, and the rust was showing.

While I got a decent number of kills, I also let myself get put into positions which should never have been allowed to happen.

As when I dived in to kill one unsuspecting 109 of a group of 6, then stayed around too long thinking I'd get another kill, instead of using my energy to get out of town immediately.

Big mistake... as the remaining five 109's were all 'Turk' squadron guys, including Turk_Can, and they proceeded to make a game of coming at me in waves, I lasted about 10 minutes, but never got out of the defensive mode before I spun it into the salt.

After an extended hiatus of doing nothing but testing for TF, the flying skills were still relatively intact, but my judgement and shooting were way lacking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    I lasted about 10 minutes, but never got out of the defensive mode before I spun it into the salt.
    Got a track?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lolsav View Post
    Got a track?
    Nope, was too busy trying to save my butt as the sh*t hit the fan to think about recording.

26. Likes ATAG_Lolsav liked this post
    Supporting Member DoubleStandards's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    282.89 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Nope, was too busy trying to save my butt as the sh*t hit the fan to think about recording.

Glad you got some cockpit time in Buzzsaw. Now please get back to work on TF 5.0

DS

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    376.42 MB

Great video Biggs, thanks for sharing. I also have a lot of respect for Turc Can, What I admire the most it's his compativity, how many time I've see him gang bang by multiple spit's and he never gave up, and dive away, he stays and fight even when the odds are agains him. Even then he sometime manage to win.

Respect
    It takes an airplane to bring out the worst in a pilot.
    ((dB)) youTube Channel

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.7 KB

A new video that just saw yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqjhkugKc5o

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    87.92 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TURK_Can View Post
    A new video that just saw yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqjhkugKc5o
    Amazing fight! Well done everyone. Thats was cool to watch
    i5-4670K;ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO;Samsung 840Pro SSD 512GB;Corsair Vengeance 16GB;EVGA GTX1080Ti SC Black Edition 11GB;Noctua NH-U14S;Sharp 43" Monitor;WIN 7 64Bit;TIR-5;VKBGladiatorProMkII
    MFG Crosswinds;CH-ProThrottle/Franken-Potato;EVGA 1000W P2 PSU.