Thread: Hot Key Guide for Cliffs of Dover?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hot Key Guide for Cliffs of Dover?

While I'm trying to get good at starting my Spit from scratch, is there a Hot Key Guide for Starting, Brakes, Gear Up, etc?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Hot Key Guide for Cliffs of Dover?

What you need configure for operation of Spitfire:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=8612

To make the operation more simple I map in this way, with the most used controls in the left side of keyboard, for the left hand operation:

Keys 1, 2 = Prop pitch + and -
    Keys 2, 3 = Mixture (few use in Spitfire)
    Keys 5, 6 = Water radiator

Keys WASD (the 'FPS' ones ) = Elevator trim (W,S), rudder trim(A,D) (Alt+ this keys reset the trim)
    Key Q = Quick glance at dashboard , the same key is assigned in "Camera" for FOV 70, so you look at instruments in optimal zoom.
    Key E = Boost Cut Out:ON/OFF
    Key R = Raise flaps, Key F = Lower flaps (avoid use the 'toggle" option - same key for both, this prevent accidental operation).

Keyboard arrows - Up= Raise landing gear, Down = Lower landing gear (This is "grognard" option to force use the right hand. ) Use G and T if prefer.
    Keyaboard arrows - Left, Right, manually operation of landing gear, Shift+ Arrow Up engage Emergency system.

Key Page Up = Toggle fuel cock ON/OFF
    Key Home = Slow running Cut out (stop the engine)
    Key Insert = Start the engine - I use these keys because dont have previous use and are more easy to find.

Keys Z and X = turn the Course Setter counterclockwise, clockwise
    Keys C and V = Adjust the Directional Gyro + and -

M = open/close the map

N = Put/remove Wheels Chock or use Alt+Space bar for this, as is always need tap the brakes at spawn - the (virtual) "parking brakes" are engaged at spawn, so Alt+Space, Space and go.

Space bar: Full wheel brakes, the same key is assigned in AXIS as modifier for Y axis assigned for Wheel Brakes, allowing proportional brake pressing the Space bar and
    moving the joystick back.

That is, besides the joystick what you basically need.

With the Xpadder (9$) you can set a quick glance at P-8 compass in maximum FOV and control the mouse view with joystick HAT in fluid way.
    The Freeware version of this keymapper is suitable, but will be need double press for quick glance, since dont have the "release" function.
    Useful too for lean left and right with HAT if you dont use TrackIR.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Jul-24-2015 at 16:03.

3. Likes rjabe, -=7th-DR=-Milo liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    820.0 KB

To customize your own, this may help.

http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php/...mmand-kit-v1-0

Supporting Member -=7th-DR=-Milo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    450.35 MB

These are spookily similar to my own.

Although I have been experimenting with trim on the hat switch on my joystick.

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    What you need configure for operation of Spitfire:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=8612

To make the operation more simple I map in this way, with the most used controls in the left side of keyboard, for the left hand operation:

Keys 1, 2 = Prop pitch + and -
    Keys 2, 3 = Mixture (few use in Spitfire)
    Keys 5, 6 = Water radiator

Keys WASD (the 'FPS' ones ) = Elevator trim (W,S), rudder trim(A,D) (Alt+ this keys reset the trim)
    Key Q = Quick glance at dashboard , the same key is assigned in "Camera" for FOV 70, so you look at instruments in optimal zoom.
    Key E = Boost Cut Out:ON/OFF
    Key R = Raise flaps, Key F = Lower flaps (avoid use the 'toggle" option - same key for both, this prevent accidental operation).

Keyboard arrows - Up= Raise landing gear, Down = Lower landing gear (This is "grognard" option to force use the right hand. ) Use G and T if prefer.
    Keyaboard arrows - Left, Right, manually operation of landing gear, Shift+ Arrow Up engage Emergency system.

Key Page Up = Toggle fuel cock ON/OFF
    Key Home = Slow running Cut out (stop the engine)
    Key Insert = Start the engine - I use these keys because dont have previous use and are more easy to find.

Keys Z and X = turn the Course Setter counterclockwise, clockwise
    Keys C and V = Adjust the Directional Gyro + and -

M = open/close the map

N = Put/remove Wheels Chock or use Alt+Space bar for this, as is always need tap the brakes at spawn - the (virtual) "parking brakes" are engaged at spawn, so Alt+Space, Space and go.

Space bar: Full wheel brakes, the same key is assigned in AXIS as modifier for Y axis assigned for Wheel Brakes, allowing proportional brake pressing the Space bar and
    moving the joystick back.

That is, besides the joystick what you basically need.

With the Xpadder (9$) you can set a quick glance at P-8 compass in maximum FOV and control the mouse view with joystick HAT in fluid way.
    The Freeware version of this keymapper is suitable, but will be need double press for quick glance, since dont have the "release" function.
    Useful too for lean left and right with HAT if you dont use TrackIR.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.50 MB

No radiator key binding?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

You can assign keys to open and close water radiators (also working for cowling flaps) and oil radiators, depending on the aircraft.
    Have you looked at the flashcards under 'Manuals' in game?

Depending on your peripherals you also can assign radiators to axes.

8. Likes Cloud-Clipper liked this post