Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Headset Do You Use..?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.69 MB

Re: What Headset Do You Use..?

I've had this headset for a long time now. They're some Turtle Beach model, discontinued now. I originally bought them to mount my Freetrack LED's instead of a hat. I don't much like the clip style. The farther apart the lights are the more accurately they will be tracked(I see the phone camera picks up the IR LED's very well).

The head cushion elastics went first. Packing foam and duct tape to the rescue.

The foam ear bits were always too thin for long sessions and became uncomfortable. With some foam pipe insulation and the handyman's secret weapon I extended the ear pads for a more comfortable fit(earpiece on the left) . This has worked great for quite a while but I've increasingly been suffering "wardrobe malfunctions" with them.

Turns out you can buy new ear pads quite reasonably priced. Mine were under $20 from http://www.scansound.com . You Euro guys can search "headset cushions" for someone on that side of the pond.
    All you need is to measure the diameter(good instructions on the site) and the new ones slip right in.
    Much better than the old foam, these are actual leather(ette?). They're still a bit thin but while youtubing the subject I found an elegant fix.

Once the new pads are on you can tuck a piece of rope under the pads to extend them out.
    The pad on the right shows the finished product - looks better than new!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    233.01 MB

PC 360 lovely sound / comfortable / lightweight / open back design .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96Nk6cN2OPg

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Headphonesvertical.jpg

http://www.wired.co.uk/magazine/arch...eus-headphones

I was going to get these but I'm not sure how well my Trackir will fit and they don't do them in green.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

4. Likes ATAG_Freya liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    90.2 KB

Logitech G35 USB headphones.
    7.1 Surround,comfortable, configurable, and great tonal range.
    Track IR clip fits ok but mine has a 4mm bolt through it anyway just to make sure it doesn't move!
    Only downside is the fake leather on the cushions deteriorates after some years of flying but still very comfortable.

69th_Nork

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.69 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    Logitech G35 USB headphones.
    7.1 Surround,comfortable, configurable, and great tonal range.
    Track IR clip fits ok but mine has a 4mm bolt through it anyway just to make sure it doesn't move!
    Only downside is the fake leather on the cushions deteriorates after some years of flying but still very comfortable.

69th_Nork
    try this
    Turns out you can buy new ear pads quite reasonably priced. Mine were under $20 from http://www.scansound.com . You Euro guys can search "headset cushions" for someone on that side of the pond.
    All you need is to measure the diameter(good instructions on the site) and the new ones slip right in.
    Much better than the old foam, these are actual leather(ette?). They're still a bit thin but while youtubing the subject I found an elegant fix.
    Once the new pads are on you can tuck a piece of rope under the pads to extend them out.
    Last edited by Perfesser; Apr-04-2016 at 08:34.

7. Likes Nork liked this post
    Combat pilot No.119_Marshy (VK-M)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

itching to get on teamspeak and just bought myself a headset. arghhhhh! computer has a built in mic and no socket for an external one! what do I do now?!?!?!?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem marshy View Post
    itching to get on teamspeak and just bought myself a headset. arghhhhh! computer has a built in mic and no socket for an external one! what do I do now?!?!?!?!
    A pair of £10 earphones I got at lidl. .. and a blue snowball deck mic!

Edit: just realised I answered the thread title ans not you post!

Oops!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Hi
    Laptop?

Can you plug the headset in?

If not, i stand under correction but you can still use ts without headset or aux mike, just select the built in one. You just need to install the ts software surely.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Do you have an empty USB port? I bet there's an special adapter to increase the number of ports in your PC/laptop.

Oh, just found an example for 2$:
    http://allegro.pl/adapter-usb-jack-m...rs_rule_id=201
    Last edited by MACHETTTTTE; Jan-13-2017 at 13:43.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    161.48 MB

Like Milo, I'm using the SteelSeries Siberia 800. Could of bought the 840's since they are now gradually replacing the 800 series, but didn't like the contrasting colour of the earcup cover plates, and the added functionality didn't warrant the added cost (I have no need of bluetooth functionality, already having ear-buds that work for that).

The headset is fully wireless with about a 5-10 meter (unobstructed) range. It has an extending mic-boom in the left earcup. Sounds 'OK' for a headset, but wouldn't listen to music on them due to lack of fidelity over proper headphones. Comes with 2 batteries (if memory serves) that look not unlike old Nokia 3330 mobile phone batteries. Seem to last a fair amount of time, but not up to the stated timeframe, so bought 2 additional spares for even rotation.

It is possible to use the mic without extending it, but it causes a small amount of 'feedback echo' in the earcup speakers of your own voice when speaking. Probably RF interference between the mic and speaker magnets. Extended the mic works without issue, and is a flexible boom that can be adjusted to any angle/position.

These replaced a Roccat Kave 5.1 headset I had prior, that sat mostly unused for 4-5 years, but due to interior heat & humidity (mid-high 20's ambient temperature), the left ear cup hinge started to crack, and eventually broke. One side being plastic (that bears all the load) and the other side being metal (that bears little, if any load at all). I do believe this was a known problem. Since I bought mine the model was superceeded with a new design. Wish I'd of known before I dropped £80 on them.

Gib.
    Attached Images Attached Images

- Intel Core-i7 'Haswell' 4770K @ 3.5GHz, 32GB Kingston DDR3-DRAM, NVIDIA GTX980-Ti, TrackIR5 (Vector + TrackClip Pro), MS-FFB2/Logitech G940 -

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    73.08 MB

I use the Sennheiser 450 headphones with a cheap Logitech desk mic. Great quality and no problems (except having to replace the headphone cable after getting the jack bent from it getting stuck in the car door) with either of them for over 3 years.

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Kettarian_Fox's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

Sennheiser HD598 (Creative Titanium HD as a sound card)

Had these for 5 years, couldn't have been happier. Music, gaming, movies - they do'em all.
    Supercomfy - wear them all day long if you like, and it aint personal - pretty much everyone who owns them agrees. It's just the way they are built.
    Wide soundstage with excellent 3d positioning. Multichannel sound mixed properly by soundcard features or native Windows 10 functionality works like magic.
    Very flat frequency response - therefore work well for every kind of sound. But especially well for classical music. Strings are a pure joy to hear.

A relatively cheap window into the world of high fidelity sound.
    Thx Sennheiser!

Oh, and a ModMic. Beware, this mic requires a very good input channel on your sound card otherwise it's too quiet (mine is not up to scratch so I have to use a lot of amplification which sadly adds a bit of distortion). But a great concept in itself.
    Last edited by 9./JG52 Kettarian_Fox; Aug-02-2017 at 15:10.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    138.5 KB

I recently upgraded to these!

Everything sounds like a WW2 pilot on them, even game of thrones!

main-qimg-698aeb383456da4b4a401078a2751e04-c.jpg

16. Likes BOO, Stormrider, SD_MBen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    508.11 MB

Turtle Beach Ear Force Z22 Amplified Gaming Headset

B00D6JBZBK_01.jpg

Been using these for a few years, very comfortable and the inline adapter has good functions
    Attached Images Attached Images

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Gromit View Post
    I recently upgraded to these!

Everything sounds like a WW2 pilot on them, even game of thrones!

main-qimg-698aeb383456da4b4a401078a2751e04-c.jpg
    I can actually believe that..
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

preview_1.jpg

Sennheiser HD 205.
    "What General Weygand has called the Battle of France is over... the Battle of Britain is about to begin!"
    (Winston S. Churchill.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    241.13 MB

Logitech G930 Wireless Headset

Great sound, but they can be a bit uncomfortable after a long session.
    Vae Victis!

"He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight." - Sun Tzu

Come watch the fun!

21. Likes Stormrider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Invictus View Post
    Logitech G930 Wireless Headset

Great sound, but they can be a bit uncomfortable after a long session.
    +1
    Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming|Intel Core i7 8700K 4,4Ghz|NZXT Kraken x52 all-in-one liquid cooler|16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000MHZ | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC 8G|ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor ROG Swift PG278Q
    |Samsung M2 970 EVO Plus, 500 GB SSD |Antec High Current Pro 850WATT |VKB Gunfighter Mk.II with MCG Pro grip | Saitek X52 Pro Flight Throttle |VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV |BU0836A 12-Bit Joystick Controller|win10 64bit Home Edition|Opentrack-pointtracker/Facetracknoir EDTracker Pro wireless

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Try earbuds for TeamSpeak (TS) while at the same time using the headset or speakers of choice. I use the earbuds with 5.1 surround speakers because I find headsets uncomfortable. The earbuds permit separate management of TS sounds without interfering with the main sound. The RadioFX add-in permits almost limitless manipulation of earbud frequencies for that "WWII" radio sound without touching the CLoD sounds.
    Last edited by Baffin; Sep-04-2020 at 14:13.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Plantronics GameCom 780
    Pros:
    Cheap: I bought 2 pairs from Best buy when they were 39.99 each one for home one for the laptop.
    Nice sound: it has stereo sound and the audio is really nice whether gaming or listening to music.
    Easy install software: If you're running windows 10 it's already there on Microsoft's list.
    Comfortable: they fit nicely and the headband is very well stuffed so the headset doesn't hurt when you've work it too long.
    Easy audio controls: On the rear of the headset there is a mute switch and a volume control. Volume control turns up and down computers audio.

Cons:
    Sound: It's stereo not surround sound but that's OK because I can still hear you. But a friend has some Sehheuser (sp?) and these sound just as good.
    Attaching TrackIR track clip: The head band is so plush I had to do a little mod so the headset clip can reach around it.
    Microphone sensitivity: The Microphone is so sensitive that before I tuned it down you could hear me breathing with the mouth piece above my head.

That's about it. you wanted a review.
    >S<

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrider View Post
    I use a logitech G930 and Iam quite satisfied with it.It is comfortable to wear, for games, skype and watching movies the sound is good enough.For listening to music I should not choose this one.The software has a equalizer in it, but it doesn't make the music sound any better.
    This headset has three programmable buttons, if the battery runs empty you can charge it without loosing connection.You get a very long mini-usb cable to charge it, this cable doesn't transport any audio-signal.One thing what is realy, realy and I mean realy irritating, no one in my house can use the micro-wave without me knowing because of the distortion on the signal of my over-ear headphones.But still there are more things about this headset I like then I dislike.
    I don't know for sure what I paid for it,I believe €130,00, but I see prices now of €100,00-€200,00.
    Attachment 18297
    itching to get on teamspeak and just bought myself a headset. arghhhhh! computer has a built in mic and no socket for an external one! what do I do now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Jone2morgan View Post
    itching to get on teamspeak and just bought myself a headset. arghhhhh! computer has a built in mic and no socket for an external one! what do I do now?
    maybe try to find something like this
    Which headset do you have?
    Last edited by Stormrider; Mar-17-2019 at 07:48.
    Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming|Intel Core i7 8700K 4,4Ghz|NZXT Kraken x52 all-in-one liquid cooler|16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000MHZ | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC 8G|ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor ROG Swift PG278Q
    |Samsung M2 970 EVO Plus, 500 GB SSD |Antec High Current Pro 850WATT |VKB Gunfighter Mk.II with MCG Pro grip | Saitek X52 Pro Flight Throttle |VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV |BU0836A 12-Bit Joystick Controller|win10 64bit Home Edition|Opentrack-pointtracker/Facetracknoir EDTracker Pro wireless

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Jone2morgan View Post
    Sometimes, those jacks are located on the front of pc, some on the rear in video board.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

That's mine...I keep also some water and fishes inside it during the summer season to keep my head fresh...

Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

29. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.26 MB

I use the Sennheiser Game One headset. It has a really high quality microphone, and the speakers sound amazing. I pair that with a Xonar Essence STX audio card, which gives me full surround sound out of stereo headphones. Unlike some other gaming 7.1 headsets which have a bunch of small speakers in them this allows me to have a really high quality speaker and still get good directional sound. It's enough that I've actually caught myself ducking in shooters as rounds snap past my head.
    Spec: Intel i9 11900k overclocked at 5.3 GHz, Asus Maximus XIII motherboard, 64 GB high speed DDR4 RAM, ROG Strix RTX 4090, M.2 HD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS with center stick and extension, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5 or HP Reverb G2, CH Throttle Quadrant, LG UltraGear 48GQ900 monitor.

31. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Werner " Blauer Teufel " Mölders View Post
    That's mine...I keep also some water and fishes inside it during the summer season to keep my head fresh...

Wow!

That makes you look very thin. I can virtually see that catching on.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

33. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

I'm still using the same Senheiser HD 205 headphones with a Track IR... and logitech webcam as my mic on push to talk.

I got the senheisers for about £10 at the end of production... and man... they are really really good headphones.

That has been the same headset for me since I started... Though I was initially using edTracker... and then got Track IR about a year in.

everything still works flawlessly.

Have an Occulus Rift too for my more recenty VR fix ! ... And that needs a lot more care and special attention... like a needy teenager.

lovely.. but JEEEEEEES... pull yourself together ! it's not ALL just about you !!

Rifts eh? They dont know they are born ! They'd be useless without us.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    407.33 MB

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/prod...html#981-00058 These are the ones I use good sound and comfortable.

~S~ Sparky
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9820X CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz 2066 [ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 LGA 2066 Intel X299 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel CORSAIR Vengeance LED 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200[/COLOR]/FONT]2-SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 250GB NVMe PCI-Express 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 1TB SATA III 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive, WDC 4TB WD40EZRZ-00GXCBO, Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 Extreme Performance Water / Liquid CPU Cooler. 240mm, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING, 11G-P4-6696-KR, 11GB GDDR5X, iCX Technology, EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 220-P2-1200-X1 80+ PLATINUM 1200W Fully Modular, THRUSTMASTER THRODDLE HOTAS, VIRPRIL VPC MongoosT-50 BE Flightstick, MFG CROSSWIND PEDDALS,

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Audio Technical mx40 studio headphones with Wicked Cushion ear pads.

Very comfortable and brilliant sound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

Turtle Beach Ear Force-PX21

Whatever the hell that is.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast