View Poll Results: How Did You Find CLOD?

Voters
392. You may not vote on this poll
  • Youtube.

86 21.94%
  • Dusted off original copy.

45 11.48%
  • ATAG website.

14 3.57%
  • Word of mouth.

24 6.12%
  • Read about it online.

65 16.58%
  • I had IL2 and was eagerly waiting for CloD to be released

171 43.62%
  • Other

33 8.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How Did You Find CLOD?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    418.5 KB

Re: How Did You Find CLOD?

I had IL2 and read that they were going to come out with Cliffs of Dover. I bought it at launch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Hi gRaider

Welcome to CLoD....you've come here at just the right time as a new update is about to be released (app 2 weeks )

Look forward to meeting you in the sky's . Please don't be backward about coming forward . TeamSpeak is a must for online flying and all your fellow simmers from both sides will be only

too pleased to help with any problems you may encounter .

I see you've played IL2 before .....you are so going to love this ....have fun

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

3. Likes ATAG_Vampire, ATAG_Pattle, danperin liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    153.16 MB

I used to have Battle of Britain 11. Wings of Victory but as good as it was and still being improved by members, the graphics were to me outdated. I wanted something likened to it but more up to date graphically. I had been aware of CLOD on its' release but at that time having read of negative issues with running of the sim, I stayed with Wings of Victory until I had a big upgrade to my computer.

Still wanting to know whether even after the upgrade my computer would be able to run CLOD I found this Forum and asked here.

can't get enough of it now!!

Regards
    Iron_Horse.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    128.77 MB

Hi There
    I'm a new clod user but definitely not new to flight sims!

6. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_yotheguy, danperin liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    261.64 MB

After a 15 year break from online flight sims and modding (mainly EAW and early Il-2) I have re-meet old friends around Il2 BoS. CloD was a natural return to the original playground.

8. Likes ATAG_Snapper, danperin, ATAG_yotheguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    390.32 MB

Hi All,

I had the original IL2 modded with 4.10.1-RC4 w-plutonium, in addition to CFS3 which I got into modding with (still working on content for it). I had the original CLoD but no PC good enough to run it. well that's changed now, have a system that runs it on full settings and I'm loving it. looking forward to many hours of online and offline flying experience..

regards Rob.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    "The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to have its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards." - Sir William Francis Butler.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    31.34 MB

I had il2 sturmovik 1946 and exciting in Battle for Britain.

11. Likes ATAG_Snapper, danperin, ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Only a very quick 76 minutes flight time single player to learn controls etc
    & then into the server... 15 / 20 minutes flight online in Stress Test Server tonight

I only manged to take off, fly around the airfield & land but it felt like the real thing !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi All,
    Purchased CloD in 2015 but could not get it running and ended up with war thunder
    eventually upgraded my rig and went straight into IL2 BoX.
    Just recently being bored wit repetitiveness of wings of liberty decided to give it another try.
    And oh boy, how i am surprised! Why this server is not that popular, its simply awesome.

All the best
    Sleg

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Ha! same route I took !

Welcome to wonderland !

oh also.... if you are free....

Monday 21 January... 21:00 GMT....

HIGHSEAS TOUR X

No previous or current ability required...

(It's not like I'm bringing either )

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Welcome Sleg.

Believe the 'Seas and what he says.

Has a marketing ring to it Seas. You could make bucketloads of stuff all. Maybe even a business card or tattoo.

People would line up for it. Got to go. Marlow's on the phone. Thing we have our first branded customer enquiry.

16. Likes danperin, ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Pattle View Post
    Welcome Sleg.

Believe the 'Seas and what he says.

Has a marketing ring to it Seas. You could make bucketloads of stuff all. Maybe even a business card or tattoo.

People would line up for it. Got to go. Marlow's on the phone. Thing we have our first branded customer enquiry.
    Already did.

'Seasy... when you know how...

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    93.00 MB

Read about it online...

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.26 MB

Online article but also ran across it watching youtube "let's play" videos

20. Likes danperin, ATAG_Snapper, DRock, \Hawk/ liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    47.2 KB

Through Steam, whilst looking for a good replacement for European Air Wars... A hard game to beat!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.42 MB

I was waiting for a new IL2 after 46 for years. CLOD is the closest we'll get to a successor and that's why I still play it. The latest one Battle of Stalingrad, or whatever battle they're on now, doesn't quite feel like an IL2 game as it smacks of selling the game to you in chunks (the same way all games are going now sadly.) Ah well at least we still got this one.

23. Likes TWC_Padre, \Hawk/ liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.36 GB

Hi All!

I've been enjoying Il-2 1946 through all of its iterations since it started. Although I've enjoyed BAT and the flexibility it allows, I thought that I'd treat myself to something different and far more advanced in the "eye candy" department. Got a great deal recently on purchasing CLoD and am looking forward to the new desert addon that Team Fusion is putting together (I'm a big P40 and Bf109 fan!). As far as finding CLoD, I started to gain info by scanning the forums at il2sturmovik.com and mission4today.com. My thanks to all of you who put this site together and keep it running smoothly!

Best regards,
    -Wackywings

25. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Torian, DerDa, danperin liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.89 MB

Came across clod in an issue of PC pilot a while back, bought blitz when it came out, looking forward to 5.0!

27. Likes ATAG_Torian, DerDa, danperin liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Relapse!

I used to fly the original Il-2 Sturmovik by the peoples beloved and glorious father of flight: Tovarish Maddox himself. I actually started a squad called =69.GIAP= back then, and we had loads of fun. Used to fly as =69.GIAP= Roshko.

Haven't simmed for ... dunno ... 10-15 yrs? And here I am again: Got BoS working (I'm on linux), took advantage of the sale and got the circus, moscow, kuban, bodenplatte and what have you as well. Had a hell getting BoS to recognize my joystick, but as it turned out: I just needed to assign keys to it in the game CLOD? Different story, can't get it running on Linux - haven't given up tho.

That's my story in short: A terrible prop-combat addict, happily recovered, now in heavy relapse

Here's my badge from back in the days

badge example1.jpg
    Last edited by acebone; Nov-07-2021 at 05:13.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    87.92 MB

I remember the 69 GIAP back in the day. TOOZ, Valya, Vanya, Pavel, Rushka come to mind. Flew against you guys in IronSkies and later ForgottenSkies as well as Scorched Earth. Very fun times.
    I remember 609 IAP too- the wingies Bogun and Vocxod ? always a dangerous pair. Boy...pushing the clock back a bit lol. Welcome back.
    i5-4670K;ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO;Samsung 840Pro SSD 512GB;Corsair Vengeance 16GB;EVGA GTX1080Ti SC Black Edition 11GB;Noctua NH-U14S;Sharp 43" Monitor;WIN 7 64Bit;TIR-5;VKBGladiatorProMkII
    MFG Crosswinds;CH-ProThrottle/Franken-Potato;EVGA 1000W P2 PSU.

30. Likes danperin, acebone, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Supporting Member 9./JG52_Meyer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    64.27 MB

Quote Originally Posted by acebone View Post
    Relapse!

I used to fly the original Il-2 Sturmovik by the peoples beloved and glorious father of flight: Tovarish Maddox himself. I actually started a squad called =69.GIAP= back then, and we had loads of fun. Used to fly as =69.GIAP= Roshko.

Haven't simmed for ... dunno ... 10-15 yrs? And here I am again: Got BoS working (I'm on linux), took advantage of the sale and got the circus, moscow, kuban, bodenplatte and what have you as well. Had a hell getting BoS to recognize my joystick, but as it turned out: I just needed to assign keys to it in the game

That's my story in short: A terrible prop-combat addict, happily recovered, now in heavy relapse

Here's my badge from back in the days

badge example1.jpg

Well,well,well There was actually 4 that started that squad. Zulu, Crow, You and Raven.
    I was Raven , i now fly for the LW and am proud to be the
    Staffelkapitän of 9./JG52.
    Hope to see you in the skies sometime

Hals und beinbruch
    Oberleutnant - Otto Meyer
    "Gelb Acht"
    9.Staffel / Jagdgeschwader 52
    (Karaya)

In memory of 9./JG52 Ziegler, Vermisse dich mein Freund

http://www.9jg52.com/

32. Likes danperin, acebone, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

I started IL-2 Sturmovik in August 2001 with the demo and it's been a sad addiction ever since If I remember right I bought Cliffs of Dover...The first time at the ubisoft store online in 2011
    Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Nov-06-2021 at 15:16.

34. Likes danperin, acebone, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 9./JG52 Hackl View Post
    I remember the 69 GIAP back in the day. TOOZ, Valya, Vanya, Pavel, Rushka come to mind. Flew against you guys in IronSkies and later ForgottenSkies as well as Scorched Earth. Very fun times.
    I remember 609 IAP too- the wingies Bogun and Vocxod ? always a dangerous pair. Boy...pushing the clock back a bit lol. Welcome back.

Rushka? Sure you don't mean Roshko? Yeah the 609 was a great bunch too Valy, Vanya and Pavel all joined about the time I dropped out, so I never got to meet them. Tooz has sadly passed away (RIP old sod, you were really special, and you sorted out the groundattack in the squad real good)

Quote Originally Posted by 9./JG52 Meyer View Post
    Well,well,well There was actually 4 that started that squad. Zulu, Crow, You and Raven.
    I was Raven , i now fly for the LW and am proud to be the
    Staffelkapitän of 9./JG52.
    Hope to see you in the skies sometime

Hals und beinbruch
    Raven? Gone gerrie? Well now I've never .... Good to hear your rusty voice again man

But as history go I started the 69. Giap together with that crazy irishman Crow, you guys only came later

Gotta get CLOD running on Linux, but it's very difficult. I really enjoy BoS, but I have a suspicion that CLOD is actually more my cup of vodka.

36. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    24.74 MB

S!

Flew original IL-2 quite a bit. Learned about upcoming Cliffs of Dover from Oleg. Still have the 3rd party campaigns by Desastersoft in storage. Then kinda burned out on flight sims around 2008 and been slowly coming back since release of BoX and TFS patches.
    Rig for gaming...

Intel i5 10600K 4.1GHz CPU, MSI Z490-A Pro mobo, 32Gb DDR4 @ 3200MHz, AMD Radeon 6700XT 12Gb, Samsung/WD SSD for OS/Games, TMWH throttle, Virpil WarBRD base + MongoosT grip, MFG CrossWind, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit

38. Likes ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Some day in Ubi'Z00, back in... 2006...
    First day I could get it!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Win11 home x64, i7-7700 @ 3.60, Asus 3070 8gb, 16gm ram, Monitor Samsung 23' 1650x1080, Reverb G2, Nvidia driver 522.25

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

I've just been playing IL-2 since August 2001 When then demo came out. I pre ordered it at the Electronics Beautique I guess in September and it came out in November a week later in Canada than in the States. Naturally being such a big fan of the game through all of the years of development I just stuck with it, twenty one years now . It may be getting a little long in the tooth graphics wise but still not enough to take away from the enjoyment of it all. Damage model and flight modeling are still fantastic. I really miss the hillarious bunch that I started out with Pope later on Graf, Herr-Spray, Willie, SR Aces, UHOH7, Joshua, Fritag. Popes Texas dral always cussing me out "Is there somebody behind me?"..."Yes"..."@#$&%$#@&%$#@$" hehehe
    Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Nov-10-2022 at 18:02.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

I've just been playing IL-2 since August 2001 When then demo came out. I pre ordered it at the Electronics Beautique I guess in September and it came out in November a week later in Canada than in the States. Naturally being such a big fan of the game through all of the years of development I just stuck with it, twenty one years now . It may be getting a little long in the tooth graphics wise but still not enough to take away from the enjoyment of it all. Damage model and flight modeling are still fantastic. I really miss the hillarious bunch that I started out with Pope later one Graf, Herr-Spray, Willie, SR Aces, UHOH7, Joshua, Fritag. Popes Texas dral always cussing me out "Is there somebody behind me?"..."Yes"..."@#$&%$#@&%$#@$#" hehehe

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345