Thread: 1946 HSFX 6.0 Patch coming this week:

Heaven, I've already served my time in Hell!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    12.34 MB

1946 HSFX 6.0 Patch coming this week:

Was flying the new HSFX 6.0 server tonight. Thanks Watchman and Bliss!!!

While flying on the server 242 Chap (the guys who put HSFX together) sent me the following page:

Hi Deacon,

We should have a 6.0.1 patch out sometime this week which corrects a few issues with HSFX 6.0.

eg:-

About 4 aircraft with loadout issues (eg Do17..cause the arming screen to stick.0

A server console error when using 190's

'bouncing' aircraft (109's suffer this..) when crashed in cockpit view.

A few other little tweaks , corrections etc but those are the big ones.

Nice to see you guys aroudn with il2 and hosting
    I will keep my eyes open for the update...

Just wanted to give ya'll the update!

~S~

Deacon
    Celer, Silens, Mortalis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: 1946 HSFX 6.0 Patch coming this week:

No joy on the server today Got to the map but was unable to select a base because the mouse cursor would not show. Finally exited with the Windoze 3 finger salute. Will try again later. Could be the mod settings. Enabled: expert, perfect map textures and of course HSFX.

EDIT: problem solved. Something had screwed up conf.ini big time. All there was in there were net settings. Copy/pasted from a backup file and all is well again.
    Last edited by Old_Canuck; Jul-10-2012 at 14:20.
    You don't stop playing because you grow old - you grow old because you stopped playing.

i7 980 @ 3.33 GHz (12 CPUs), Win 7 64-bit, 12 Gig DDR3, Gigabyte GTX 480 4 Gig, Corsair AX1200 PSU, CH Combatstick, CH Pedals, CH Quadrant, Track IR5. Upgrading to a GTX 680 when the wife blinks.

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Deacon View Post
    Was flying the new HSFX 6.0 server tonight. Thanks Watchman and Bliss!!!

While flying on the server 242 Chap (the guys who put HSFX together) sent me the following page:

I will keep my eyes open for the update...

Just wanted to give ya'll the update!

~S~

Deacon
    "Hi Deacon,

We should have a 6.0.1 patch out sometime this week which corrects a few issues with HSFX 6.0.

eg:-

About 4 aircraft with loadout issues (eg Do17..cause the arming screen to stick.0

A server console error when using 190's

'bouncing' aircraft (109's suffer this..) when crashed in cockpit view.

A few other little tweaks , corrections etc but those are the big ones.

Nice to see you guys aroudn with il2 and hosting "

I just saw the problem with the FW-190 via the server console and after watching the screen go nuts for about five minutes, the server crashed and had to be restarted. I have been having a heck of a time with server crashes and can't get a mission to run its full length without a crash, perhaps this could be one of the problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    12.34 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_WatchMan View Post
    I just saw the problem with the FW-190 via the server console and after watching the screen go nuts for about five minutes, the server crashed and had to be restarted. I have been having a heck of a time with server crashes and can't get a mission to run its full length without a crash, perhaps this could be one of the problems.
    I'm not sure. I can't check for update at the 242 site from work, but will check from home to see if there are any known server issues.
    Celer, Silens, Mortalis

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Well Deacon what's interesting is that if I run the exact setup on my own dedicated server it runs without a hitch. So what I'm going to do is re-install everything on the server and see what happens, perhaps I missed something in the original installation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    12.34 MB

Well Deacon what's interesting is that if I run the exact setup on my own dedicated server it runs without a hitch. So what I'm going to do is re-install everything on the server and see what happens, perhaps I missed something in the original installation.
    No worries WatchMan. Looked for the server on HL earlier and saw it was down.

Here is the "fix" list that is coming in patch:

http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3234

I'll look on HL again tomorrow evening. Thank you for the hard work!! ~S~

Deacon
    Celer, Silens, Mortalis

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Deacon, I'll keep working at it and I'm sure that eventually things will get resolved. If it can run steady on my machine I'm sure I can get it to run on our server, it's just a matter of time and going through the variables.

thanks, WatchMan.

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Well the patch for HSFX came out today and I dutifully got it and installed it on my computer and my server. With any luck this latest patch will correct some of the stability issues we were seeing on the server and we can start it up again. Right now I'm running the Normandy 44' mission on my server and if it can go 8 hours or so without a crash then perhaps we'll put it up on the main server. So everybody cross your fingers and hope for the best!

WatchMan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    12.34 MB

Downloading hotfix now...hopefully it's stable on your server
    Celer, Silens, Mortalis

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Well on my dedicated server it ran for over 12 hours so I went ahead and installed it on server #1. So now server #2 is running UP3.0 RC4 and server #1 is running HSFX 6.0.1 (Expert Mode), may as well give everyone a choice!. We'll see how today goes as far as stability goes and take it from there. Both servers can be accessed through Hyperlobby or direct connect through the game and the stats are displayed on our main page. That should be all for now, if HSFX continues to run smooth we can give some more thought to expanding information on the forums concerning, missions, download links, guides, etc.

S! ATAG_WatchMan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    12.34 MB

Well on my dedicated server it ran for over 12 hours so I went ahead and installed it on server #1. So now server #2 is running UP3.0 RC4 and server #1 is running HSFX 6.0.1 (Expert Mode), may as well give everyone a choice!. We'll see how today goes as far as stability goes and take it from there. Both servers can be accessed through Hyperlobby or direct connect through the game and the stats are displayed on our main page. That should be all for now, if HSFX continues to run smooth we can give some more thought to expanding information on the forums concerning, missions, download links, guides, etc.

S! ATAG_WatchMan.
    You're the man!
    Celer, Silens, Mortalis