Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: EDTracker - Review - WIP

On the border of the Eastern and Western Roman Empire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    763 Bytes

Re: EDTracker - Review - WIP

Finally got my Edtracker Pro (wired). I only fiddled with it one night so cant tell much for now. But I can tell you its working very well. Never lost a tracking in intense flight. Its running super smooth Im very pleased with the device (for the money spent). It doesnt have 6dof but pseudo 6dof is working well. You can "lean" behind you tail no probs. Im using my head roll movement for that. I tested Edtracker only in IL2 BOS for now, tonite I will check in CLOD. Cable provided was a bit too short for me (2m) so I will buy longer microusb cable I will tie to my headphones cable. The Edtracker box itself is supersmall and superlight so I dont even know I have it on my headset. I only needed one calibration for the device to work properly. It isnt affected by the light and I can swing like madman with my head and I wont lose my tracking (unlike with TiR).

EDIT:

So now I had more time to play with the device and now I fine tuned all the settings and curves and this is working flawlessly, both in CLOD and BOS/M. Pseudo 6DOF is working really well, I can lean behind my tail (actual head roll is tied to x curve which is quite natural as in RL pilot would look behind and roll his head a bit). I can even "dive" into the cockpit if I want, with the right curve setting. The only issue I had is that I needed to invert x curve so I can lean properly behind my tail but now its reversed when Im leaning around the nose of the aircraft (when im looking forward). I need to figure how to fix that hovewer it isnt a big problem as the leaning behind my tail to check 6 is much more important and Im using that all the time. The tracking motion is superb, I would say, even a bit better than with TiR, I dont have issues I had (occasionally) with TiR (with TiR 5 sometimes I would lose tracking while looking around my pit, specially when looking up, since camera would lose tracking. Yes I tried with setting and camera angle positions). The device itself doesnt depend on cpu and FPS or background light so it is basically a super smooth experience. Also If Im correct it also doesnt depend how far away you are from screen (or if it is, its much less than with TiR). Opentrack is where all the curves must be done and also recentering hotkey set (it wont work in edtracker GUI!). I will post my profile and screenies later when I will be at home again.
    Last edited by Tvrdi; Mar-01-2018 at 04:06.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    click here for fixes if you have stutters in Cliffs Of Dover

2. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.59 MB

You don't need to roll your head (using the X axis) when checking your six if you enable Relative Translation.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Weapons of choice
    MS Force Feedback 2, Saitek Rudder, Nvidia GTX 1080 (Reference Design), AMD Ryzen 2200g (3.95 Ghz OC Game Mode) Asrock B450 iTX/AC, 16G GSkill 3200 Mhz @14 CAS
    OpenTrack and DIY Head-Tracker (Wire) https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=28730 (Many thanks to OpenSource Contributer) 'S

4. Likes ATAG_Slot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    763 Bytes

Yeah by now i mastered opentrack.
    BTW edtracker pro is working fine its a superb and cheap tracker. The only downside is it doesnt have true but pseudo 6DOF but hats fine for me. I can still lean over and above my nose and tail. Not to mention the tracking isnt obscured by any light source or anything else its super smooth I like it alot.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.10 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Kwings714 View Post
    You don't need to roll your head (using the X axis) when checking your six if you enable Relative Translation.
    Thanks Kwings for the neck displacement setting suggestion, I had missed that and it makes a difference for looking back.

Now i don't just look at the armour plate!
    (I have left relative translation off)

Tvrdi, I haven't inverted my x curve so i can look sideways down the nose as i prefer this for take off and landing etc.
    I have tried Kwings suggestion for neck displacement which gives me enough to look back down the tail without having to lean.
    Try it and see if it works for you.

I have the wireless Edtracker Pro and its great for not just Clod Blitz but DCS and Xplane11.

I sold my TrackIR5 as i never got on with it.
    Win10 x64, i5-10600K CPU @ 4.1GHz, ASUS RTX 3060Ti 8GB, 16GB(DDR4 3600MHz XMP) RAM, Dell 2560x1440 27" 165hz, Microsoft FFB2, Edtracker(wireless).
    Nvidia driver version: 537.58

7. Likes Kwings714 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

I cannot find that menu for relative translation. What version are you guys using?

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.10 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Pattle View Post
    I cannot find that menu for relative translation. What version are you guys using?
    Hiya

Using:-
    Edtracker firmware v3.3
    Opentrack v2.3.9

Been really stable.
    Win10 x64, i5-10600K CPU @ 4.1GHz, ASUS RTX 3060Ti 8GB, 16GB(DDR4 3600MHz XMP) RAM, Dell 2560x1440 27" 165hz, Microsoft FFB2, Edtracker(wireless).
    Nvidia driver version: 537.58

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    763 Bytes

Guys, new firmware is out - v3.4 (two versions, for wired and wifi). It seams they fixed drifting issues some had with device.

http://www.edtracker.co.uk/support/downloads

@Pattle
    you need to set like this:

And in the curves X should be tied to actual roll of your head to gain than "lean over nose and tail"

I will post all the opentrack screenies when i get home.
    Opentrack 2.3.9 is the way to go since the newest one is screwed...
    Last edited by Tvrdi; Apr-26-2018 at 05:32.

11. Likes Stormrider, Kwings714 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.59 MB

Since I'm using a completely different IMU, Software and Hardware (Pololu minIMU-9 version 3 instead of the MPU9250), I can't comment or make a suggestion regarding the drifting issue for EdTracker user.
    This is how I solved my drifting issue after a week of used and constant re-calibration.

1st, Place my headset on at the intended operating location/position

2nd, Plug in the USB cable and sit still for like five to six second (these few seconds are Precious)
    The IMU will initialize and gathering sampling values to calculate the offset values for the Gyro heading
    (I think its calculate the offset values of the IMU Magnetometer to the Magnetic North)

3rd, Once I have the offset values shown on my Arduino Serial Monitor. Closed the screen and hit START on Operntrack,
    The Yaw angle are always within ±3° from my previous position and no drifting.

https://forum.pololu.com/t/minimu-9-...ack-on/14497/5
    Last edited by Kwings714; Apr-28-2018 at 10:52.
    Weapons of choice
    MS Force Feedback 2, Saitek Rudder, Nvidia GTX 1080 (Reference Design), AMD Ryzen 2200g (3.95 Ghz OC Game Mode) Asrock B450 iTX/AC, 16G GSkill 3200 Mhz @14 CAS
    OpenTrack and DIY Head-Tracker (Wire) https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=28730 (Many thanks to OpenSource Contributer) 'S

13. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Hi all,

splashed on a new computer today.

Cliffs ready to go. installed the latest Edtracker file, Open track I copied across from the old rig. All calibrated, but i cannot get it to work in either Cliffs or BOS. Its late here and I am tired, so hope I am missing something simple here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Pattle

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

Hi all,

Cliffs ready to go. installed the latest Edtracker file, Open track I copied across from the old rig. All calibrated, but i cannot get it to work in either Cliffs or BOS. Its late here and I am tired, so hope I am missing something simple here.

Cheers,

Pattle
    Hi Pattle,

is the Edtracker selected in opentrack as joystick trackersource?Is there any movement in the Edtracker software and in Opentrack when you use the Edtracker?
    Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming|Intel Core i7 8700K 4,4Ghz|NZXT Kraken x52 all-in-one liquid cooler|16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000MHZ | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC 8G|ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor ROG Swift PG278Q
    |Samsung M2 970 EVO Plus, 500 GB SSD |Antec High Current Pro 850WATT |VKB Gunfighter Mk.II with MCG Pro grip | Saitek X52 Pro Flight Throttle |VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV |BU0836A 12-Bit Joystick Controller|win10 64bit Home Edition|Opentrack-pointtracker/Facetracknoir EDTracker Pro wireless

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Hi all,

Cheers,

Pattle
    Simple stupid stuff first Pat

After you've calibrated the EDT with the edtracker software and opened up opentrack are you seeing the movement on the octopus when you've started it?

If not are the settings correct? (input = Joystick and Output +Freetrack enhanced)?

Have you hit "Start"?

Are you running it as Administrator?

Cheers

BOO

Is the profile showing up?
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Administrator!
    Onya Boo.

Thanks to all for your tips.

Pattle

18. Likes BOO liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.2 KB

Hi all, Please excuse my numptiness but, i'm not a vet when it comes to flight sims and it took me quite some time to setup my thrustmaster T-flight Hotas for ClOD, i just can't figure out how to get opentrack and EDTracker setup to work. Could someone please guide me through the process?...like, where do i point to in the setup menu in ClOD in order to get Opentrack/EDtracker connected to the game?.
    Again, please excuse my nubeness and, thanx for any assistance you can provide.

Scar.

20. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
    Hi all, Please excuse my numptiness but, i'm not a vet when it comes to flight sims and it took me quite some time to setup my thrustmaster T-flight Hotas for ClOD, i just can't figure out how to get opentrack and EDTracker setup to work. Could someone please guide me through the process?...like, where do i point to in the setup menu in ClOD in order to get Opentrack/EDtracker connected to the game?.
    Again, please excuse my nubeness and, thanx for any assistance you can provide.

Scar.
    It's a while since I've used it...
    start here:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...downloadid=113

you will need opentrach 2.2 stable frome here:
    https://github.com/opentrack/opentra...k-2.3-20141105

(I didnt get along with the later editions at all)

feel free to pm me...

im a bit rusty on Ed Tracker now... but i can definately get you up and running.
    Last edited by ATAG_Highseas; Jul-31-2018 at 17:26.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.2 KB

Thanks, Highseas...nice of you to try and help me out, really appreciate it but, what do i do with the file?.

Thanks again.

Scar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    763 Bytes

Thanks, Highseas...nice of you to try and help me out, really appreciate it but, what do i do with the file?.

Thanks again.

Scar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Opps... i missed that one....

Good catch Tvrdi !

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Tvrdi View Post
    Nice vid, still don't give me any clues as what to do with the file which Highseas linked to.
    Excuse my ignorance, i've never played this game before and am totally clueless in file configuration dept. so, can anyone please run me through the process of what i'm supposed to do with the file?

Thanks in advance.

Scar.

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Nice vid, still don't give me any clues as what to do with the file which Highseas linked to.
    Excuse my ignorance, i've never played this game before and am totally clueless in file configuration dept. so, can anyone please run me through the process of what i'm supposed to do with the file?

Thanks in advance.

Scar.
    This is for OT 2.3 but I think 2.2 works in the same way.

When you install Opentrack there will likely be an option to choose where the "configuration directory" will go. This is where the file would go.

if you already have Opentrack installed then if you click on the dropdown "Profile" (middle of the main window with the pink octopus) and select "open Configuration Directory" the windows explorer window that opens will show you where it is located (its path).

Once you know that then you can open that path and drop the file in (once its unzipped from downloading if needed).

To use this profile, you click on the dropdown box immediately to the right of "profile" and select it.

Good luck

BOO
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567