Thread: Quality original

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    418.15 MB

Quality original

Hi guys.I wonder about which aspects of the game graphics quality 'original' affects? I have noticed that going down to the level of 'high quality' decade the graphic detail on the parts of the aircraft such as the walkways on the wing of the bf109 other obvious decay I did not notice.
    Regards

COD v. 4.55 - Intel I5 2400 3.1 Ghz- 8 Gb Ram - Asus Gtx 1050 2 Gb -
    EdTracker-T.16000 -Win10

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Re: Quality original

TL : DR - if you have graphics card with 2GB or more use Original if you can. It affects all textures I think. Might appear worse if FXAA is used (might)

Long explanation

from the release notes in 2012 in which this became an option probably all or most textures are affected. High is a X2 reduction in quality, Medium X4 and low X8 (supposedly). The notes also say its "smart enough not to affect aircraft textures so go figure)

when i went though all the settings and nivida options during the Beta of 4.5 i found (@ 1080P on a GTX 1060) the difference in fps between Original and High was 5 fps down low so basically nothing to write home about. This was an early beta of the 4.5 game so it may have changed a little.

The big difference (and the reason it was seemingly introduced- apart from the fact clod ran like a brick in spin dryer on realease) was probably to do with VRAM use (the memory on your video card) as much as raw fps.. Going back in the day to the old community posts "Original" was only recommend for those using super dooper cards with 1.5GB (gasp) of VRAM. Most of today's cards have at least 3GB, usually 4 or more.

hope this helps.
    Last edited by BOO; Aug-18-2018 at 11:24.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

3. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    418.15 MB

Re: Quality original

Hi Boo
    I with the following settings 1600x900 and all the details of the left column set to the average value, high quality texture, no AA, no SSAO, no VSYNC, average damage, average number of buildings, low ground shadows, yes grass, yes roads, no extented clouds, no statics shadows, I can only notice a loss of definition in the writing placed on the wing of the bf109 (walkway) but nothing more. The frame rate is always fixed at 30 fps and using the black death benchmark, if I set the original quality I lose 1 or 2 fps.

COD v. 4.55 - Intel I5 2400 3.1 Ghz- 8 Gb Ram - Asus Gtx 1050 2 Gb -
    EdTracker-T.16000 -Win10