Thread: Windows 10 FIX - TM HOTAS WARTHOD disconnecting during flight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    53.93 MB

Windows 10 FIX - TM HOTAS WARTHOG disconnecting during flight.

Windows 10 Fix for TM HOTAS WARTHOG disconnect when in COD.

Using USBDeview Program: identifies USB ports.
    http://www.nirsoft.net/

ID's are as follows.

TM HOTAS WARTHOG connected directly to USB 2.0 Ports.
    Address:
    Joystick: Port_#0003.Hub_#0006
    Throttle: Port_#0004.Hub_#0006
    Your port assignments will probably differ.

Using TM TARGET software ports are "logically" changed to . . .
    Address:
    Joystick: Port_#0007.Hub_#0003
    Throttle: Port_#0008.Hub_#0003
    Your port assignments will probably differ.

Under Device Manager - a new category Thrustmaster Devices is created when TM TARGET software is started showing the above change in port numbers.

I had previously gone through all my physical port settings to ensure that the box "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." was unchecked.

However, my HOTAS would still disconnect at irregular intervals. In actuality, it was disconnecting from the "logical" ports #0007 and #0008 and reverting back to "native" port ID of #0004 and #0003 and therefore as this was happening within COD during flight, the SIM did not recognize the new settings and all controls froze.

The FIX:
    In the Device Manager:
    After making sure that all the ports under Universal Serial Bus Controllers have the box for allowing the computer to turn off the device UNCHECKED - load the Target software and still in the Device Manager go to Thrustmaster Devices and UNCHECK ALL THE BOXES thereby preventing the computer from turning off the device.

So far so good.

NOTE: When turning off the TARGET software the ports also revert from the logical 0007/8 back to 0003/4 (DX direct connect)

Summary, make sure that the USB ports under Universal Serial Bus controllers AND under Thrustmaster Devices are UNCHECKED to prevent the computer from turning them off.

This may also be an issue for other Manufacturers' devices.
    Last edited by Catseye; Aug-28-2015 at 20:32.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had,
    but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"
    - Leonard Nimoy

2. Likes ATAG_Deacon, farley, MartinHellberg liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Windows 10 FIX - TM HOTAS WARTHOD disconnecting during flight.

Very interesting find and good information!

Question, so do you have to go in and uncheck the power saving setting each time you launch the Target script, or is it a set it and forget it one time setting change?
    Don B

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K@4.50 ghz | Corsair H100i Cooling System | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Mhz ram | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW|2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD's |NZXT Phantom 820 Case | TM Warthog w/ 7.5cm Ext by Sajah|MFG Crosswinds Pedals|Oculus Rift|Windows 10 64 Bit |

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    53.93 MB

Quote Originally Posted by dburne View Post
    Very interesting find and good information!

Question, so do you have to go in and uncheck the power saving setting each time you launch the Target script, or is it a set it and forget it one time setting change?
    Set and forget.
    - Leonard Nimoy

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Good to know, thanks for posting the info!
    Don B

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K@4.50 ghz | Corsair H100i Cooling System | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Mhz ram | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW|2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD's |NZXT Phantom 820 Case | TM Warthog w/ 7.5cm Ext by Sajah|MFG Crosswinds Pedals|Oculus Rift|Windows 10 64 Bit |

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.77 MB

Waited months to go to Windows X. Both my laptop and desktop, went from Windows 7 to X with no issues. Then I loaded CLOD, TF modified. Everything worked, right up to flying. Just didn't have any flight controls. All peripherals have no input.
    Windows recognizes all peripherals, as does the Thrustmaster software. The joystick and throttle (TM Warthog) and pedals (Saitek) just have no input at all in the game.
    My config files are still present as before.
    (I Don't wish to re-install, assuming that would even fix the issue!)
    I tried to shut down all resource options allowing the computer to turn off usb. Still no luck.
    This has to be something simple.
    The port settings in Control Panel also show resources (com 1 is listed but all others are accessed from this setting apparently) but the only listed setting re resources is either automatic (or not, which leads to essentially a manual or preset setting) as opposed to allowing me to prevent the computer from turning off the port. I'm not inclined to change the settings from automatic unless you think that might work?
    If so then, as I understand your post, I should run the program you listed to identify the ports used by CLOD when the game is operating and then to set those ports to manual only, is this correct?
    Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    53.93 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Ardu View Post
    Waited months to go to Windows X. Both my laptop and desktop, went from Windows 7 to X with no issues. Then I loaded CLOD, TF modified. Everything worked, right up to flying. Just didn't have any flight controls. All peripherals have no input.
    Windows recognizes all peripherals, as does the Thrustmaster software. The joystick and throttle (TM Warthog) and pedals (Saitek) just have no input at all in the game.
    I tried to shut down all resource options allowing the computer to turn off usb. Still no luck.
    The port settings in Control Panel also show resources (com 1 is listed but all others are accessed from this setting apparently) but the only listed setting re resources is either automatic (or not, which leads to essentially a manual or preset setting) as opposed to allowing me to prevent the computer from turning off the port. I'm not inclined to change the settings from automatic unless you think that might work?
    If so then, as I understand your post, I should run the program you listed to identify the ports used by CLOD when the game is operating and then to set those ports to manual only, is this correct?
    Thanks for your help.
    Hi Ardu,
    In all the operating systems I've had over the years, I've set "ALL" the ports to "manual on" all the time. Leaving them auto takes it out of your control and Windows 10 is notorious for energy saving and shuts them off when it "thinks" there is no activity.

Cheers,
    Cats . . .
    - Leonard Nimoy

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    167.36 MB

Hi,

my Warthog is not disconnecting but the target-software crashes recently from time to time. The software did its job perfectly under Win 7 but under Win 10 64bit it causes some trouble. When I exit Clod Target is not responding any more and I have to kill the whole process (Fast Service as well) manually in the task manager. Ok, that alone would not be annoying but its not possible to start Target again. To get Target to work again I tried a complete reboot but the system fails to reboot even a shut down is not possible. My screen turns black but the rig is still running. The only way is a hard reset. :-/

Any ideas?

cheers
    henry
    System: i7-6700K, MSI Nvidia 1070GTX, 16GB RAM, Gigabyte GA-Z170 K3, Win10 64Bit, TrackIR5, HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Sennheiser 350 Headset, LG 34' 21:9

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Ardu View Post
    Thanks for your help.
    WinX will change your device order everytime you update (seems that way to me). Then I have to rekeymap eveything to the new device listing (Joy1 Joy2 etc).

If it randomly stops ingame which happens sometimes where for no apparent reason on start up your controllers no longer work, Just hit escape ingame, go to controller axis, move them about in the green bars below and hit apply and away you go again.
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by HenryLuebberstedt View Post
    Hi,

my Warthog is not disconnecting but the target-software crashes recently from time to time. The software did its job perfectly under Win 7 but under Win 10 64bit it causes some trouble. When I exit Clod Target is not responding any more and I have to kill the whole process (Fast Service as well) manually in the task manager. Ok, that alone would not be annoying but its not possible to start Target again. To get Target to work again I tried a complete reboot but the system fails to reboot even a shut down is not possible. My screen turns black but the rig is still running. The only way is a hard reset. :-/

Any ideas?

cheers
    henry
    I dont use target with Clod. Just keymap them as direct X keys. Plenty of rotaries, keys and switches on Stick and throttle to work every aircraft.
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    167.36 MB

Quote Originally Posted by SC-Sp00k View Post
    I dont use target with Clod. Just keymap them as direct X keys. Plenty of rotaries, keys and switches on Stick and throttle to work every aircraft.
    If nothing helps that would be an option. But over a year Target has been working pretty fine with CloD - under Win 7. As a Ju88 pilot I use this software very extensively and mapped 30+ keys via Target plus some little macros eg.for dive bombing (air breaks out + set prop pitch to 0% + radiators closed /breaks closed + prop pitch 40% + radiators open 50%).
    System: i7-6700K, MSI Nvidia 1070GTX, 16GB RAM, Gigabyte GA-Z170 K3, Win10 64Bit, TrackIR5, HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Sennheiser 350 Headset, LG 34' 21:9

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by HenryLuebberstedt View Post
    Hi,

Any ideas?

cheers
    henry
    Henry, I had your exact problem about a week ago. I would reinstall this and that... all to no avail. Finally, after unplugging the TM USB connectors, I removed the software and drivers normally. Then I ran the registry analyzer in "CCleaner" ( Freeware at http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner), and removed all entries pertaining to Thrustmaster.

If you are unsure about your USB drivers, now would be a good time to update/reinstall/repair those motherboard USB drivers. See your manufacturer's website for those.

Then, after a restart and still unplugged, I installed the drivers found here: https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/...taswarthog-en/ . The installer will tell you when to plug in the controllers. After that, I restarted again, confirmed that the controllers were recognized by the "Win 10 Game Controllers" app in windows, and only then did I install the latest Thrustmaster TARGET software found in the location above. TARGET software must be run as ADMINISTRATOR to properly start the service that gave us both so much trouble. I used the compatibility tab under properties to set "Run as Administrator".

I have been happily surprised since then with the TM software and Hardware. Absolutely no problems!
    Last edited by Baffin; Jan-17-2017 at 13:17.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

13. Likes HenryLuebberstedt, XE9O liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    355.85 MB

There are people on other forums complaining of a conflict between target and TS3 causing target to lock up when unloading a profile ... I am currently experiencing this as well. Target is fine if I don't use TS3 at all but if I even open and close it, target will lock.

15. Likes HenryLuebberstedt, XE9O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    167.36 MB

Ah! Thank you so much Baffin! Will do so!
    @Phoenix: Thx! Using TS3 as well and will keep an eye on it.

It worked!
    Last edited by HenryLuebberstedt; Jan-29-2017 at 03:42.

17. Likes XE9O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

Glad this thread finally popped up: I have been looking for a fix for almost two years nowEXCEPT I have windows 7
    seems any time I move around , especially if I move away from the computer I hear that tell tale "be boop" that indicates the controllers just disconnected , now it has been deleting my mapping as well, I have had to re-Map my setting at least a dozen times since BLITZ

going to try updating USB drivers. AND I made sure all the "turn off device" boxes were off

Asus Z390 MB, 32 GB Corsair RAM, 850 W Power Supply, Intel Core i7 9700K GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 G and about a dozen squirrels running on a wheel that I sometimes forget to feed !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

With my new computer, TM programs seemed a bit unreliable. After re-reading this, I found a few checked USB boxes. This seems to be a "Periodic" maintenance item... I had forgotten all about it!
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

this is what my "Target editor looks like when it open and loaded
    lotta info here : any thing look amiss

IMG_1285.jpg

Asus Z390 MB, 32 GB Corsair RAM, 850 W Power Supply, Intel Core i7 9700K GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 G and about a dozen squirrels running on a wheel that I sometimes forget to feed !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

The cannot be found lines surely are not good?
    What I see when I launch my target, its a very limited profile though, just some curves and a button or so.
    trgt1.jpg

script/profile error?
    Last edited by Vlerkies; Jan-05-2018 at 14:14.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

Update on my issue for any others that might stumble onto this::

seems my disconnect issue was a sloppy script I wrote back in 2013, I discover several errors, not enough to keep the script from working, but just made it unstable . After correcting , its been several days with absolutely no disconnects

23. Likes Vlerkies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Good to hear Knuckles. Glad it's sorted.

Problem solving 101, revert to basics and work from there.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Vlerkies View Post
    Good to hear Knuckles. Glad it's sorted.

Problem solving 101, revert to basics and work from there.
    Theres always an answer to any thing computer you just have to persevere to find it !!!

26. Likes Vlerkies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

The second line in post #16 (***Allocated ProcInstances, etc.) is a known problem child. The only actions that fix this AFAIK is to Uninstall & Install Warthog drivers and/or Firmware update and restart the game. They are quick and easy fixes, but are still a disruptive pain. If Target SE loads OK, there will be no delay in the compile and the 'Thrustmaster Combined' will replace the stick and throttle. If the script fails, there is a long delay during compilation before 'compile succeeded' appears, and the 'Thrustmaster Combined' will appear IN ADDITION TO the stick and throttle in the Windows Game Controllers (WGC) window)

Even as I write this, I tried to load TARGET SE and had a failure. It looked OK except for the long loading delay, and returned a 'compile succeeded' at the bottom of the script. But it did not succeed!!! I opened the WIN game controllers window to find the Combined controller as well as the stick and throttle. ...That ain't right!

I ran the driver loader twice per normal, (unload/reload) then ran the latest firmware updater. The whole process takes less than a minute, then the TARGET SE program ran normally. (Thrustmaster Combined with NO Stick or Throttle in the WGC window.)

The second graphic (Post 17) is from a different program. (TARGET GUI) I plead ignorance on the GUI, but you can't write scripts for Target GUI as far as I know, only Target Script editor. They don't mix.

20170115 - Lately, running the Firmware Updater alone seems to fix the problem. Drivers reload is not necessary... so far!
    Last edited by Baffin; Jan-15-2018 at 22:19. Reason: Firmware updater...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Knuckles View Post
    Update on my issue for any others that might stumble onto this::

seems my disconnect issue was a sloppy script I wrote back in 2013, I discover several errors, not enough to keep the script from working, but just made it unstable . After correcting , its been several days with absolutely no disconnects
    Using TARGET Script Editor, what did you DO to correct it? What errors can I look for to try to implement your fix?
    Last edited by Baffin; Jan-12-2018 at 15:16.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.56 GB

Angry Re: Windows 10 FIX - TM HOTAS WARTHOD disconnecting during flight.

I worked with TARGET for Cliffs BLITZ for a while, and now i am trying out Devrecorder instead.

One question:

Manually editing the confUser.ini file in Documents: how do you address a double access to a game function

f.i. i now have these entries, but it doesn't work for Autopilot.

[HotKey common]
    A 5_axis_32_button_joystick_with_hat_switch-3DED743F+Key25=autopilot
    (SET by the game, pressing a button on the Throttle ardware, and A on the keyboard)
    O=door_open
    M=map

etc

ADDED: just selected only my keyboard's A for Autopilot toggle, from within the game's optons page, saved etc, and it works.
    So my guess is that you cannot address 2 buttons, either keyboard or Warthog together for the same function, a hing you probably can do with TARGET.
    Last edited by jackd; Aug-01-2019 at 07:27.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

REPRINT FROM PREVIOUS POST...

I was having problems getting Target SE to run properly after changing airplanes (Changing Control Scripts). A simple file rename (or deletion) has solved the problem. I am using the latest TARGET software download: [TARGET_v3016(615v2).exe]

In the folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\x64

Find the file: DeviceManagementApp.exe

Delete it or just rename it to be safe... I renamed it to "xDeviceManagementApp.exe" to retain the file and drive it to the bottom of the list.

Disabling this "DeviceManagementApp.exe" file causes ALL of the Thrustmaster devices to remain active in the Windows Game Controllers window when running a script. This is not how things used to look before this little mod... The Throttle and Joystick controllers used to disappear after Target SE ran a script and established "Thrustmaster combined". Now, "Joystick", "Throttle" and "Combined" will all show up in "Windows Game Controllers".

When the script is stopped, the "Thrustmaster combined" controller disappears like it's supposed to, and everything looks correct.

The CLoD "Controls Options" menu recognizes the "Thrustmaster Combined" controller just like it did before this rename mod, so game control assignments all remain the same.

If you re-run the TARGET installation download, the "DeviceManagementApp.exe" will be reinstalled and the original problem will resurface.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    809.23 MB

Quote Originally Posted by jackd View Post
    I worked with TARGET for Cliffs BLITZ for a while, and now i am trying out Devrecorder instead.
    What is Devrecorder, I googled it and found nothing about it

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Stix View Post
    What is Devrecorder, I googled it and found nothing about it
    Devreorder (not recorder...).

Discussed in this thread

Download from here
    Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; Aug-15-2019 at 02:49.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

33. Likes ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post