Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATAG Server#1 Maintenance. ***IMPORTANT***

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Re: ATAG Server#1 Maintenance. ***IMPORTANT***

@ Colander - Please check your inbox!

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Only thing I have to do is configure some network stuff and everything should up and running

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: ATAG Server#1 Maintenance. ***IMPORTANT*** 70" Sharp Pics

post deleted
    Last edited by No.401_Speed (YO-R); Nov-16-2016 at 10:55.

Heaven, I've already served my time in Hell!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    12.34 MB

Awesome set up!!!
    Celer, Silens, Mortalis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

No.401_DNR , ===WoW, I want one , what kind of HorsePower do you have in your Machine ? can you run with Graphics at Max? does it matter if the Tv is Plasma or LCD 1080P or I - or what . what to look for in the TV specs ????? (Inquiring Minds whant to know )
    Win7 64 Bit /MB= ASUS P6X58D-E / CPU= I7-950@3.4ghz / MEM=12 gb Mushkin Redline DDR3 @ 1600 mhz Matched set-Triple Channel / PSU=Corsair AX750 Watts / GPU=EVGA GTX-580-1.5 Mb / sata HD @ 7200rpm / Monitor=Dell V2410 @ Native 1920x1200-- 59htz / Saitek-X52 Pro set (no pedals) - /TrackIR5 ....

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Keller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by MOHAWK View Post
    No.401_DNR , ===WoW, I want one , what kind of HorsePower do you have in your Machine ? can you run with Graphics at Max? does it matter if the Tv is Plasma or LCD 1080P or I - or what . what to look for in the TV specs ????? (Inquiring Minds whant to know )
    A 24" 1080p monitor and a 70" 1080p Television have the exact same amount of pixels, (1920 pixels x 1080 pixels). If your graphics card will run 1080p or higher then it doesn't matter if it's a 150" screen or a 17" screen.

That's quite a nice setup there DNR, but I don't want guys thinking that a 70" display is 6 times better than a 24" Monitor. Monitors are designed to be viewed up close and TV's are designed to be viewed from a distance, sitting close to a large screen TV will actually result in poorer image quality.

As far as Plasma goes, it's a dying technology. Burn-in is still an issue and LED/LCD TV's are catching up very quickly; Plasma's days are numbered. To give you an idea of how manufacturers are dealing with burn-in, they have a utility built into the TVs that removes burn in; this "utility" does the following.

When pixels are burnt into the display the utility will "burn" the rest of the pixels down to the level of the most burnt ones. To use my favorite analogy; if your tires are experiencing uneven wear just go into a parking lot and burn rubber until the rest of the tread is as bald as the worn part. Obviously this is not a perfect solution for burn-in on Plasmas.
    Last edited by III./ZG76_Keller; Jul-17-2012 at 13:51.

III./ZG76 2N+ZR
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Intel Core i7 4970 @ 3.6 GHz, Win 7 64 bit, 16 GB Ram, GTX 980 4GB GPU

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Copy that Keller . thanks , will see if its worth rearranging the the computer room for the extra viewing distance .................good info -thanks ..I wont be going 70 " , buy I do belive we might have a spare 46 " laying around , if i can convince Nancy wee need a bigger TV = I do see a blemish on this one ??? ( begin planning stage )== Your Plasma info will work , since our 46" is Plasma --hence a perfect reason besides the blemish to get and LCD --and we do see a small yellow spot on lower left hand corner --( you Da Man )
    Last edited by MOHAWK; Jul-17-2012 at 14:00. Reason: i
    Win7 64 Bit /MB= ASUS P6X58D-E / CPU= I7-950@3.4ghz / MEM=12 gb Mushkin Redline DDR3 @ 1600 mhz Matched set-Triple Channel / PSU=Corsair AX750 Watts / GPU=EVGA GTX-580-1.5 Mb / sata HD @ 7200rpm / Monitor=Dell V2410 @ Native 1920x1200-- 59htz / Saitek-X52 Pro set (no pedals) - /TrackIR5 ....

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

post deleted
    Last edited by No.401_Speed (YO-R); Nov-16-2016 at 10:54.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Server back up?

Hi Chaps,

I've just had a quick go on the server and all seems well. I'm not sure whether it's officially back up but thanks so much for your efforts Bliss, Watchman, Colander and all. It's much appreciated.

Septic.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Good deal all. Bliss try and get on TS3 when you get a chance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Is TS up yet? I can't get on TS with either server.

<16:03:35> Trying to connect to server on 216.52.148.29
    <16:03:41> Failed to connect to server
    <16:03:44> Trying to connect to server on 216.52.143.205
    <16:03:50> Failed to connect to server

III./ZG76 2N+ZR

Veteran Combat pilot MajorBorris's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Bliss, Watchman and Collander for the hard work to get the server back up!

ASUS Sabertooth MB--Intel 2600k@4.7--EVGA GTX580 3GB--Corasir 1200 watt psu--Corsair 16gb 1833--Corsair H70 cooler--Corsair 650d case--OCZ Vertex 3--Track IR5--CH Eclipse Yoke--CH Trottle Quadrant--CH MFP--CH Rudders

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Keller, I would give it a few, Bliss is probably swapping things around right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

All, this is all Bliss and Watchman. I didn't do much.

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Jamz Dackel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
    Yea...agreed!

thats some serie..ass Tv/monitor on zee large scale

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Well,

It should all work now - TS3 included. Still updating windows occasionally so the server may randomly shut down at times. Once the updates are done we should be set.

Edit: All updates are done. Wonder how it runs without every 4th file being corrupt? lol
    Last edited by ATAG_Bliss; Jul-17-2012 at 18:01.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

I can confirm TS3 is working; just said "hi" to Macro there!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

AbortedMan

Wow, why the backlash?! I asked a question, a simple non-loaded question with no sarcastic tone to it what so ever. I legitimately wanted to know what sort of assets were being used to rectify the issue, whether it was the monthly tidings from players and members or was it a hosting management company that was dealing with the machine itself and ATAG just remoting to it.

I just read all the replies to my post and I'm astonished...it's as if I'm specifically known as some asshole around here. I thought the few posts I have on here and the banana forum were somewhat constructive and insightful, dunno where this rep is coming from. Coupled with the teamwork oriented participation I offer in-game, I would think people would assume my tone more proper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

Aborted:

Your O.K. I have done this in the past and :: is the problem with communication via E-Mail. I quickly read something and dont really get the proper tone and then reply, and after re-reading, wish I would have taken more time.

I really think thats the issue here as its was just one response: Be assured we (ATAG) dont make a habit of sticking our tongues out just for a comment P
    well sometimes we do but its all in fun :geek:

I'm sure othesr will comment here so sit tight:

Knuckles

Asus Z390 MB, 32 GB Corsair RAM, 850 W Power Supply, Intel Core i7 9700K GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 G and about a dozen squirrels running on a wheel that I sometimes forget to feed !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Well, English not being my mother tongue, the way I read it was "With all the money we give, why isn't it fixed yet?".
    However, I can understand and relate to the misunderstanding as I tend to say things that, to others, sound totally different from what I mean.

Let's move on.

ATAG_Colander.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by AbortedMan View Post
    Wow, why the backlash?! I asked a question, a simple non-loaded question with no sarcastic tone to it what so ever. I legitimately wanted to know what sort of assets were being used to rectify the issue, whether it was the monthly tidings from players and members or was it a hosting management company that was dealing with the machine itself and ATAG just remoting to it.

I just read all the replies to my post and I'm astonished...it's as if I'm specifically known as some asshole around here. I thought the few posts I have on here and the banana forum were somewhat constructive and insightful, dunno where this rep is coming from. Coupled with the teamwork oriented participation I offer in-game, I would think people would assume my tone more proper.

Glad we got this cleared up, I apologize for taking your post the wrong way. I'm really glad you came back to clarify.

III./ZG76 2N+ZR

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Thanks for the clarification, Aborted Man.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by AbortedMan View Post

Well I took it the wrong way. The server costs are discussed in detail both under the rules and donation sections and are a recurring monthly fee that don't change or should I say, haven't increased yet. Because of that - same costs every month, it did indeed rub me the wrong way. Because it was insinuating that there's some sort of slush fund lying around from people that donate that I'm holding on to hoping to keep the money unless something happens - which is on the absolute opposite end of reality. Whether it was meant to come out that way or not, that's how I read it, and it did indeed upset me. I apologize for taking your post the wrong way. I hope that my explanation explains why some other people took it as offensive as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    63.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
    Well I took it the wrong way. The server costs are discussed in detail both under the rules and donation sections and are a recurring monthly fee that don't change or should I say, haven't increased yet. Because of that - same costs every month, it did indeed rub me the wrong way. Because it was insinuating that there's some sort of slush fund lying around from people that donate that I'm holding on to hoping to keep the money unless something happens - which is on the absolute opposite end of reality. Whether it was meant to come out that way or not, that's how I read it, and it did indeed upset me. I apologize for taking your post the wrong way. I hope that my explanation explains why some other people took it as offensive as well.
    Thanks Bliss for your dedication to the community.

I hope this lightens the mood for all. Except my arch nemesis Atag_Dutch! He says he is not Dutch.... but I know better! He probably doesnt even know he is my arch nemesis maybe he isnt but as long as I have this link he remains just that! :geek:

I dream of one day becoming an ATAG member.....
    ATAG_Wolf
    Coursair 16GB (4x 4GB), DDR3-1600MHz
    Gainward Nvidia 980GTX
    850-Watt Modular Power Supply
    WIN10 and COD on Gskill SSD 240GB
    40" Panasonic LCD
    TrackIR5 +
    Thrustmaster Warthog stick, throttle & pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Very glad the server is back up and the misunderstanding cleared up.

Having ran an Operation Flashpoint server years back and paying it's costs on my own for a while..I know it's not something i'd want to do again.
    We eventually ended up going with a monthly fee those who wanted, which basically added badges and gave them first choice to participate in clanbattles. This worked well but wasn't ideal either(and isn't applicable to ATAG anyway).

Hearing Bliss pays 100$ out of his own pocket monthly made me think maybe that cost should be reflected in the donations page.
    I know I've regularly seen the counter at 100+% and figured "ah funding is more then enough, no need to donate just yet", and I bet there are more who think that.
    So maybe it's an idea to have it reflect the actual cost and then cover any shortfalls? Afterall..we all benefit from the testing done on server 2 and having a Teamspeak server.

To close ..a vid I found of our old clan holding a paintball event. (just because it brings back nice memories for me )
    We tried to have an event 1-2x a year and even if most participants were clanmembers ,we got people from rival clans join in a few times from neighbouring countries..which made for awesome fraternization.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Warhound View Post
    Having ran an Operation Flashpoint server years back and paying it's costs on my own for a while
    I played and did some missions for OFP, i was in the "suicidesquad" server ( http://www.suicidesquad.co.uk ).

Did we used play togheter back then? We were mostly coop server, but boy that was FUN!

Dutch

Quote Originally Posted by hc_wolf View Post
    Except my arch nemesis Atag_Dutch! He says he is not Dutch.... but I know better! He probably doesn’t even know he is my arch nemesis… maybe he isn’t but as long as I have this link… he remains just that! :geek:

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsav View Post
    I played and did some missions for OFP, i was in the "suicidesquad" server ( http://www.suicidesquad.co.uk ).

Did we used play togheter back then? We were mostly coop server, but boy that was FUN!

Your name did ring a bell and asked you about it on TS once, but always thought it was on the LOL-coopserver which you don't know? And I'm pretty sure I used to play suicidesquad maps now and then.
    Def know you from WarbirdsOfPrey though.

@Wolf and Dutch, which one of you drives a Porsche and who drives a Mustang?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12