Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ATAG Goes Mech Warrior LL Online!!!

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

ATAG Goes Mech Warrior LL Online!!!

Hi all, as of today server #2 will be offering MechWarrior Living Legends for online play!

After hearing good things about it from Bliss and Squirrel, I decided to buy the game through Steam and give it a try, it turned out to be a very enjoyable game. After playing for awhile we decided to put it up on the server and spread the word about it. For those who aren't familiar with the game it's actually a mod that was created for "Crysis Wars" which ends up playing and feeling like a brand new game. Instead of running around in a hi-tech combat suit, you get to run around in giant, hi-tech robots, tanks, planes, hovercraft and other assorted gizmos and best of all you can have fun and blow up your friends while doing it!

For anyone who doesn't have the game yet Steam is selling it for around 10 US dollars right now, which is very cheap. If you do decide to purchase it through Steam, you end up getting "Crysis Warhead" and "Crysis Wars" in a bundle, the former being a single player game and the latter being a game designed solely for online play. Once you do that all you need to do is download and install the MWLL mod and you should be good to go. I have to warn people that the Steam version has a flaw in the installer regarding serial numbers and online play, but I'll be doing a quick thread on a fix for it, or if anyone has any problems they can contact me and I'll help them out.

The Server name is listed as "ATAG_MWLL_Brawl" which can be found in the in-game server listing, but if anyone wants to direct connect the ip is:216.52.143.205:64087. People are also welcome to use our TS3 server which now has a set of channels made for the ATAG MWLL server. In any case I hope people have fun with this one I know myself, Bliss and others are.

ATAG_WatchMan.

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Jamz Dackel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.0 KB

Re: ATAG Goes Mech Warrior LL Online!!!

A Mod pack?..

Wow didnt know that

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Thanks, guys, I gotta try this!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Veteran Combat pilot MajorBorris's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Mech's are alway fun!
    ASUS Sabertooth MB--Intel 2600k@4.7--EVGA GTX580 3GB--Corasir 1200 watt psu--Corsair 16gb 1833--Corsair H70 cooler--Corsair 650d case--OCZ Vertex 3--Track IR5--CH Eclipse Yoke--CH Trottle Quadrant--CH MFP--CH Rudders

Dutch

Ok. I'm up for this, but I'll need a step by step similar to what Knuckles had for HSFX.

1) I already have Crysis Wars on disc. Do I just install this or do I need to install Crysis Warhead too? (The original Crysis is already on my PC)

2) Will I need any official updates to Crysis Wars before installing MWLL? If so, where from?

3) Where do I get MWLL? (couldn't see a download section on their website, or do I have to join and login first?)

4) I have an X-box controller or my G940 - which is better/more appropriate?

5) Is trackIR useable?

6) Are there AI enemies online or just Live Homo Sapiens?

7) I'm bloody scared.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

Good lord another on line game: cripes I was just starting to understand ARMA errr

oh but of course I'll have to give this a shot !!!

spending way too much time on teh computer (I wish to god i could learn to spell "the")

Asus Z390 MB, 32 GB Corsair RAM, 850 W Power Supply, Intel Core i7 9700K GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 G and about a dozen squirrels running on a wheel that I sometimes forget to feed !

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Okay this morning I actually switched the game server from server #2 to server #1. Server #1 is a physical machine with more memory and processing power so players should now see an increase in performance and connection quality. I also need to mention that the direct connect for the game server is now 216.52.148.29:64087.

S! ATAG_WatchMan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Sweet! Last night was pretty fun. Can't believe we filled the server up within a few hours of it going live.

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

You've created a "MECH-monster". IT'S....ALIVE!!!!!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Dutch View Post
    Ok. I'm up for this, but I'll need a step by step similar to what Knuckles had for HSFX.

1) I already have Crysis Wars on disc. Do I just install this or do I need to install Crysis Warhead too? (The original Crysis is already on my PC)

2) Will I need any official updates to Crysis Wars before installing MWLL? If so, where from?

3) Where do I get MWLL? (couldn't see a download section on their website, or do I have to join and login first?)

5) Is trackIR useable?

7) I'm bloody scared.
    same questions here: I see that Steam has the combination of Crysis collection: so where do I look for the MWLL upgrade ??

Asus Z390 MB, 32 GB Corsair RAM, 850 W Power Supply, Intel Core i7 9700K GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 G and about a dozen squirrels running on a wheel that I sometimes forget to feed !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Dutch View Post

5) Is trackIR useable?

7) I'm bloody scared.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Knuckles View Post
    same questions here: I see that Steam has the combination of Crysis collection: so where do I look for the MWLL upgrade ??
    Crysis wars is all you need. That is the online version of the game where MWLL runs from!

2.) I honestly don't know about updates, but I thought Crysis was installed through steam? If yours is that way, it should update automatically.

3.) Right here http://www.mwlldownload.com/ Just download the latest beta. It will install automatically to Crysis wars. The download button is odd though.. It's the button that looks like ////////// So remember to click that!

4.) We've all been using mouse and a keyboard.. Tried the joystick, rudder pedal, throttle combo and it was just to difficult to aim

5.) No

6.) Only live players

7.) I am too

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Dutch

Heh. Thanks Bliss ole chum!

(my copy is on disc and I've already discovered that it does need an upgrade patch, but i'll find it...........)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

Thanks Bliss: I'll give this a try

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Np guys.. It's really fun. Just hop on TS and I'll get your control stuff all sorted along with some hints on playing. This is really tactical. Right weapon, mech, tank, etc., for the right map scenario.

The server got populated really quickly as well.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Hi Chaps,

I believe I'm all installed-up properly but I get "Server Authentication Failed" when I try and join the server. I can join other servers Ok.

I've seen that error somewhere else before, all rather familiar

Any helpful suggestions?

Cheers,

Septic.
    Last edited by ATAG_Septic; Jul-21-2012 at 21:37.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Septic View Post
    Hi Chaps,

I believe I'm all installed-up properly but I get "Server Authentication Failed" when I try and join the server. I can join other servers Ok.

I've seen that error somewhere else before, all rather familiar

Any helpful suggestions?

Cheers,

Septic.
    Hi Septic - Watchman had the same problem when he bought Crysis through the steam sale. The authentication failure is because steam thinks you have an invalid cd key.

Here's the fix: http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/201...cd-key-issues/

And hop on TS

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Downloading "Wars". With my link I'll have it by next week

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Thanks for the help Bliss.

That link describes exactly my error and gives what seems to be the fix I need (well, actually that's someone else but I best not go into that here).

So, I'm absolutely confident that I'm certain I've probably followed the destructions in the link to the letter, I think, but I still get the error.

Cry,

Septic.

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Same problem here Septic...
    Tried the fixes described here where you edit the key written in your registry aswell as "installscript.vdf".
    Neither worked, then i downloaded : cryhammer.exe.
    Don't know if it's safe..but who cares when your key doesn't work anyway.
    After manually entering the key it checks if it's valid (with and without hashes) ...and mine is invalid both times.
    Next step..contact EA support and ask for a new key. joy

Not sure if i'll even bother as one guy recieved 3 invalid keys in a row from them. Might just bug Steam and demand a refund.
    Amusing how you need Steam+gamespy+securom+punkbuster just to play these days, thank god it doesn't use origin too.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Warhound View Post
    Same problem here Septic...
    Tried the fixes described here where you edit the key written in your registry aswell as "installscript.vdf".
    Neither worked, then i downloaded : cryhammer.exe.
    Don't know if it's safe..but who cares when your key doesn't work anyway.
    After manually entering the key it checks if it's valid (with and without hashes) ...and mine is invalid both times.
    Next step..contact EA support and ask for a new key. joy

Not sure if i'll even bother as one guy recieved 3 invalid keys in a row from them. Might just bug Steam and demand a refund.
    Amusing how you need Steam+gamespy+securom+punkbuster just to play these days, thank god it doesn't use origin too.
    Thanks for sharing the information Warhound.

Septic.

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hey guys just a quick note, some of those tutorials are incorrect in that they show the fix as
    this: 11111-11111-11111 or this: 11111-11111-11111-11111
    when it should be
    this: 1111-1111-1111-1111-1111

Also the regedit tree should look like
    this:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Electronic Arts\Electronic Arts\Crysis Wars\ergc

and the DWORD value should be this: 1111-1111-1111-1111-1111 , with no extra characters such as %. So 5 sets of 4, not 4 sets of 5 or 3 sets of 5.

Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Cryhammer tool checks the key in every possible format, connects to gamespy and returns whatever gamespy says.
    In my case (and I bet Septic's too): Invalid CD Key

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Warhound that's odd because at first Cryhammer returned an invalid key for my serial # and after changing it to the format I just described it worked. Now it could very well be that the cd key you have is invalid, but the chances of someone, (not yourself) buying Crysis through Steam during the summer sale and having an invalid cd key that isn't resolved by changing the entry format would be strange indeed. You might have a different issue but the one I'm describing has nothing to do with an invalid key, it has to do with the way Steam is entering that information into the registry to begin with. That's why I'm hoping it's a fix for people like Septic and maybe you too if you have another look at it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Sadly I tried the fix Bliss and you posted (which is the exact same as the linked thread in my first post), retried it ,proofread it ,reinstalled ,retried again and again and again, dug deeper and stumbled on cryhammer.exe and multiple other people with invalid CD-keys.

If you want I'll PM you my key and you can play around with it all you like..get it working and you can even keep it.

Sorry for being irate, but after spending a few hours poking at it and contacting EA without a solution yet..I am more than slightly annoyed.

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Well I'm sorry you're having problems and I'm not sure what else to do. I completely understand your frustration and it pisses me off that paying customers have to go through this garbage whether it be a Steam version of Crysis, or problems that we have to deal with on the server side because CLOD has to use Steam as a middle man. Companies are so paranoid about having their profits nibbled at by pirates they screw their paying customers over again and again. Every game I've purchased through Steam has had issues directly relating to it having to run through Steam at some point and I honestly cringe every time I have to decide whether to hit the purchase button at the Steam store. In any case I hope you get it resolved because MWLL is really a fun game.

S! WatchMan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

Now I scared: Mine will finish downloading this morning (sunday) I fool with it this afternoon and report what I get, as I always say " Theres always a fix for computer issues" :geek:

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Warhound, maybe jump on comms and we'll see if we can't figure it out.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_WatchMan View Post
    Hey guys just a quick note, some of those tutorials are incorrect in that they show the fix as
    this: 11111-11111-11111 or this: 11111-11111-11111-11111
    when it should be
    this: 1111-1111-1111-1111-1111

Also the regedit tree should look like
    this:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Electronic Arts\Electronic Arts\Crysis Wars\ergc

and the DWORD value should be this: 1111-1111-1111-1111-1111 , with no extra characters such as %. So 5 sets of 4, not 4 sets of 5 or 3 sets of 5.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks for the help Watchman.

I checked with regedit and my key was entered in there without the dashes, I had altered the installscript file as per the link Bliss gave, with the dashes etc. I added the dashes in the registry but get the same 'server authentication 3' error. I rechecked afterwards in regedit and the dashes were still there.

Luckily for me, as you chaps are aware, I'm a level-headed type, not prone to displays of anger or any emotion really. I'm calm, everyday I'm calm, thinking of my safe secure place, calmly.

It's only a couple of quid I know but I don't have many couple of quids.

Septic.
    Last edited by ATAG_Septic; Jul-22-2012 at 10:45.

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Well Septic, it's just not right. I'm not sure how many people are in this situation but perhaps the guys at MWLL will be able to do something about it via a patch or an update, it's just that it really sucks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for the offer Watchman but don't really have time to try n fix it till this evening (US afternoon?) ..will hop on TS then if you're there.

@Septic..try the cryhammer.exe(made by the MWLL-guys) linked a few posts up. If you enter your key manually and check the box "check with and without dashes". Then if it reports an invalid CD-key there is nothing you can do but contact EA... as Gamespy itself sees the key as invalid and all MWLL servers need a valid key.
    This isn't the case with most Warhead or Wars servers as they mostly don't do a CD-key check, but the ones that do(mostly punkbuster enabled ones) will refuse entry aswell.
    Last edited by Warhound; Jul-22-2012 at 12:24.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast