Thread: New Dawn Fades (WhiteBattle)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.50 MB

New Dawn Fades (WhiteBattle)

Luftwafffe Briefing:
    Now the german briefing with images! Thanks Dave

"Attention Luftwaffe Pilots!!! In a spectacular joint operation with the Kriegsmarine, we have established a bridgehead on the Isle Of Wight, capturing three airfields in the process from which to launch further attacks.

Its is now vital that we defend these positions and take full advantage of this strategic initiative.

Our primary offensive objectives are :

- Render Hamble airfield inoperable to force the Allied forces to fly longer distances to attack our newly won prize

Hamble-B.jpg

- Destroy Upavon airfield. We believe this is the only operational airfield in the area the dreaded Spitfire IIa operates from

Upavon-B.jpg

- The Allies are operating Blenheim bombers from a base at Ford, destroy the Bomb Storage Hangers and their fuel stocks

Ford-B.jpg

Additionally a number of strategic and tactical targets require destruction to pave the way for our full invasion and expansion into England.

- Two groups of ships are at anchor in Portsmouth Harbour and as you can see significant fuel stocks are also located here

Portsmouth-B.jpg

- Further ships must be destroyed in Soputhampton Harbour though we do not have images for this target.

- At Salisbury there are some miscellaneous Stock installations

Sailsbury-B.jpg

- Petersfield Mapping Office must also be destroyed.

Petersfield-B.jpg

You have your orders, now execute them!"

Briefing by ATAG_Dave
    Last edited by PanTast; Oct-17-2015 at 21:46.
    John Lydgate: “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.50 MB

Re: New Dawn Fades (WhiteBattle)

RAF Briefing:

Gentlemen, we wake to the grave news that Axis forces have overrun and captured our three air bases on the Isle of Wight.

It is now vital and urgent that we destroy the Axis forces occupying our homeland. Fortunately quick thinking on the part of the defending RAF airmen in booby-trapping the main hangers and sections of the airfields means that the Axis forces have had to set up their forces guarded only by canvas and temporary hangers. Their forces are bivvying in canvas tents.

So your mission is to destroy all aircraft, vehicles and tents on each airfield (Bembridge, Sandown and Ryde), by whatever means necessary. This will ensure all their forces and equipment is destroyed and allow us to re capture the Isle of Wight. Make no mistake, our attacks will be met with heavy resistance.....

Additional information suggests due to logistical problems the Axis invasion was not completed over night and that some straggler vessels are still on their way to the Island carrying vital supplies and technology. Time is of the essence as these vessels are less than an hour away from making port. If you can destroy these vessels before they make port it will deny the Axis forces an even greater advantage.

Intelligence from agents operating in Northern France suggests that Axis forces have access to the highly dangerous 109 E4N from Querqueville airfield. Additionally, we understand if this airfield is not destroyed within two hours E4Ns will reach the Isle of Wight and become operational from there. Destroy all targets on this airfield to ensure this does not happen.

Scramble!

Briefing by ATAG_Dave
    Last edited by PanTast; Oct-17-2015 at 21:46.
    John Lydgate: “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

3. Likes Combat Wombat, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Dislikes Torric270 disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Hey Pantast,

Just wanted to take a moment to thank you for all of your hard work on the new missions. Haven't had a chance to play much in the last few weeks but got a few sorties in tonight and this map had just started... had a blast and I know quite a few of the guys I was flying with did as well. Good stuff and thumbs up.

Thanks!

JG51_dab

5. Likes PanTast, ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    141.17 MB

When is your map likely to be going up for testing Pantast ? now you have a golden key

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    15.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_PanTast View Post
    RAF Briefing:

Gentlemen, we wake to the grave news that Axis forces have overrun and captured our three air bases on the Isle of Wight.

It is now vital and urgent that we destroy the Axis forces occupying our homeland. Fortunately quick thinking on the part of the defending RAF airmen in booby-trapping the main hangers and sections of the airfields means that the Axis forces have had to set up their forces guarded only by canvas and temporary hangers. Their forces are bivvying in canvas tents.

So your mission is to destroy all aircraft, vehicles and tents on each airfield (Bembridge, Sandown and Ryde), by whatever means necessary. This will ensure all their forces and equipment is destroyed and allow us to re capture the Isle of Wight. Make no mistake, our attacks will be met with heavy resistance.....

Additional information suggests due to logistical problems the Axis invasion was not completed over night and that some straggler vessels are still on their way to the Island carrying vital supplies and technology. Time is of the essence as these vessels are less than an hour away from making port. If you can destroy these vessels before they make port it will deny the Axis forces an even greater advantage.

Intelligence from agents operating in Northern France suggests that Axis forces have access to the highly dangerous 109 E4N from Querqueville airfield. Additionally, we understand if this airfield is not destroyed within two hours E4Ns will reach the Isle of Wight and become operational from there. Destroy all targets on this airfield to ensure this does not happen.

Scramble!

Briefing by ATAG_Dave
    Sorry, accidental dislike.

8. Likes PanTast, Cybermat47 liked this post
    Supporting Member III./ZG76_Saipan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

are u sure there is a peterson map house in 21.9?? can we get a diff recon photo?
    ASUS Z370-A, i5 8600k, CM haf-x, EVGA gtx 1660 Ti SC ACX, Antec HC 850, Samsung 120GB SSD , WD Black 1TB, Corsair GSkill 16GB, Creative SB Recon, Creative G500 5.1, ASUS VS248h-P
    Me-110 Black 17 with Hptmn. Hans "AWAC" Warsteiner
    :
    Trust me , I fly a Bf 110 (C2-->C7)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.77 MB

Quote Originally Posted by III./ZG76_Saipan View Post
    are u sure there is a peterson map house in 21.9?? can we get a diff recon photo?
    Hi Saipan, its there for sure and the coordinates you state are also correct - I just did a recce flight on the test server that still has this map on and found it with no problem using the recon photo (I had not seen this target in game before). Good hunting

11. Likes Combat Wombat, PanTast liked this post
    Supporting Member III./ZG76_Saipan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

sal. targets are west of town, S of the 3 rivers
    Last edited by III./ZG76_Saipan; Nov-07-2015 at 15:29.
    ASUS Z370-A, i5 8600k, CM haf-x, EVGA gtx 1660 Ti SC ACX, Antec HC 850, Samsung 120GB SSD , WD Black 1TB, Corsair GSkill 16GB, Creative SB Recon, Creative G500 5.1, ASUS VS248h-P
    Me-110 Black 17 with Hptmn. Hans "AWAC" Warsteiner
    :
    Trust me , I fly a Bf 110 (C2-->C7)

13. Likes PanTast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    376.42 MB

Can we pin that thread (Sticky) also guys?

Thanks for this Pan
    It takes an airplane to bring out the worst in a pilot.
    ((dB)) youTube Channel

15. Likes PanTast, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

Great idea for a mission!

The only suggestion I might make is to put the fuel stores and bomb stores at Ford on opposite ends of the airfield - I don't think the RAF kept all their explosive materials bunched up next to each other.

But that's just one issue - overall, this mission looks like it's going to be fast-paced fun, I can't wait!
    Author of the Their Finest Hour, Their Greatest Challenge, Desert Hawks, Eagles over Tobruk, On Ne Passe Pas!, and Rising from the Ashes campaigns for Cliffs of Dover Blitz and Desert Wings - Tobruk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.50 MB

I thought that the british had no idea that the germans find out where the bombs are stored because they are dsiguised in a hangar

And I think its hard enough to take that target out ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_((dB)) View Post
    Can we pin that thread (Sticky) also guys?

Thanks for this Pan
    Done!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    376.42 MB

Thanks you very big, Snapper
    It takes an airplane to bring out the worst in a pilot.
    ((dB)) youTube Channel

20. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Congratulations PanTast, New Dawn Fades and Joy Division are great maps. Nice targets which also need some detection work, I always look forward to play them. Thanks for the fun!

22. Likes ATAG_((dB)), PanTast liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    353.11 MB

SOUTH HAMPTON DOCKS 4 tankers and a Corvette . Generous helping of Bofors too. 4 SHIPS &Corvette @southampton.jpg
    Last edited by tgif; Sep-25-2016 at 23:30.

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I like this map but I can only find the Spit IIa at East church (or was it Manston?) quite a long way from the main area of action and wondered if there was another location that I may have missed?

Thanks for your time in making this map Pan tast......
    [CENTER][/CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - MSFF2/X45Th - Asus 23' Monitor.

25. Likes PanTast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.77 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_EvangelusE View Post
    I like this map but I can only find the Spit IIa at East church (or was it Manston?) quite a long way from the main area of action and wondered if there was another location that I may have missed?

Thanks for your time in making this map Pan tast......
    Spit iia is available at Upavon on this map

27. Likes PanTast liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Dave View Post
    Spit iia is available at Upavon on this map

Hmm, Useful to know - thanks Dave......

Ezzie

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.77 MB

Quote Originally Posted by III./ZG76_Ezzie View Post
    Hmm, Useful to know - thanks Dave......

Ezzie
    lol Ezzie -though the info is already contained in the LW briefing above......

30. Likes PanTast liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Dave View Post
    lol Ezzie -though the info is already contained in the LW briefing above......
    Ha ha - i guess i should read the briefs more closely.

32. Likes ATAG_Dave liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Any chance of moving some flak guns to Hamble? It seems absurd that the British high command wouldn't have guarded the airfield a little better. As it stands, the nearest flak guns are several miles away on the other side of the river, and as such are completely ineffective at defending the airfield. Blue aircraft are free to loiter over the airfield, strafing and causing general mayhem until their ammo of fuel (or both) run out. Contrast this with the amount of flak over their airfields on the Isle of Wight, which are so stupendously guarded by flak that I've never been able to make more than one pass before being PK'd or destroyed by AAA, and in fact at least 50% of the time am disabled before being able to fire a single shot.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

34. Likes Ohms liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.50 MB

To be honest: I did this by intention. I wanted the british airfields near the front to be under high pressure.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I love this mission. It has a lil bit of everything! I just wish it would make the server rotation a lil more frequently. I'm always checking the atag server to see if this mission is playing and it seems that I only see it once every other day or two days. Might be the time of day I'm usually looking, but maybe we can make it play a lil more often? Whenever I play this map everyone on the server is always praising it and wishing it would last longer.

37. Likes PanTast, ATAG_kiwiflieger, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.0 KB

Love this map. Thanks!!!

39. Likes PanTast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Having flown this map many times as a Red recently several of us started this map with a concentrated effort to sink the Blue supply convoy making it's way to IOW, before it made landfall. We succeeded in doing so with an affirmation text and yet a short time later came the regular message stating ' supply ships have reached IOW and Benbridge is now fully operational'.

Is the sinking of the convoy superfluous to the outcome of Bembridge ?

Thx
    Daz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Having flown this map many times as a Red recently several of us started this map with a concentrated effort to sink the Blue supply convoy making it's way to IOW, before it made landfall. We succeeded in doing so with an affirmation text and yet a short time later came the regular message stating ' supply ships have reached IOW and Benbridge is now fully operational'.

Is the sinking of the convoy superfluous to the outcome of Bembridge ?

Thx
    Daz
    To further clarify, this refers to the four barges that start offshore near Ventnor RDF, protected by three German minensuchboots. At heavy loss, Red bombers and fighters eliminated all of these vessels, yet the "Bembridge operational" message still came up, as Dazza says. Bug in the script?
    71st_AH_RebelSqurl

"Those who cannot relinquish the comfort of their own hate, damn only themselves in the end."

Intel i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40 GHz | 2GB GeForce GTX 760 | 16GB DDR3-1866 DIMM | Win 10 | VKB Gladiator joystick

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.50 MB

Even after hundreds of hours in the test laboratory, we could not reproduce that behaviour. Everything works as intended. Sink 4 barges within the first 30 mins of the map and Bembridge will not become fully operational. Keep in mind, that the message for Bembridge has a short delay. You might have sunk the last barge within that time delay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_PanTast View Post
    Even after hundreds of hours in the test laboratory, we could not reproduce that behaviour. Everything works as intended. Sink 4 barges within the first 30 mins of the map and Bembridge will not become fully operational. Keep in mind, that the message for Bembridge has a short delay. You might have sunk the last barge within that time delay.

You should be able to disable the objective of the barges if the 30 minutes is reached, such that there's no possibility of two conflicting TRUE conditions firing (if such a thing is even possible in the mission, it's not good code). If there is an intended time delay between the 30 minutes and a notification of Bembridge becoming fully active, just throw a message saying 'Oh no, they reached the coast' or whatever message in there as a debug type indicator. If that message fires and then so does the barges all destroyed message, then you know there's a problem.

44. Likes ♣_Spiritus_♣ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.50 MB

You misunderstood my post, Wolverine.

There is no problem with these barges. There is just a delay between the event and its announcement...

This slight hint to my poor coding abilities might make me a bit angry, but I decided to overread it for now. Or do you really doubt that I can count to four?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

From the player report, it was stated that a message was received confirming the destruction of the barges BEFORE a message confirming the operational status of Bembridge. You replied that this was a possible state:

Keep in mind, that the message for Bembridge has a short delay. You might have sunk the last barge within that time delay.
    So from the sound of it it's either a bug or bad design. Or you believe Dazza and RebelSqrl are not being truthful or are just wrong about what they saw.

If you're going to have a message pop up for the destruction of the barges AFTER they reach the island and trigger the operational Bembridge, it should at least be a different message to the one that pops up for a successful destruction of barges before they reach the island. "You destroyed the barges, but it was too late!" for example. It's more valuable as information to the players AND it performs a hidden debug function because it's easier for players to report problems effectively - potentially avoiding error reports that are incorrect and saving everyone time.

Anyway. Not trying to start a fight. Was offering coding and mission design advice about a common problem when creating victory and fail states in missions. If you don't believe anything is wrong, don't worry about it.
    Last edited by No.401_Wolverine; Nov-16-2017 at 11:11.

47. Likes ATAG_Septic liked this post