Thread: Dusting off IL2_1946

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Dusting off IL2_1946

Hello fellow pilots, I just installed HSFX on my computer and was messing around with my Nvidia color settings and the results are quite remarkable. If anyone is interested in finding out more please respond to this post. Perhaps we could get IL2 1946 rolling again on the server. I'd have to talk with Bliss to see if we have room, but I'm sure something could be worked out. I have some screen shots to show everyone, enjoy.

Cheers.

2100m.jpg 4050m.jpg 4050m_2.jpg 4550m.jpg 6000m_2.jpg 6000m_Water.jpg

6060m.jpg 6060m_2.jpg 6180m.jpg Cockpit.jpg Dawn.jpg P_38_Lightning.jpg

P_38_Lightnings.jpg takeoff.jpg Trees.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Re: Dusting off IL2_1946

Man I loved that game...
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Well Lewis, variety is the spice of life and that's what HSFX offers. It's a dated game but next to Cliffs Of Dover it's the best flight sim out there. Just the thought of flying B-17s over occupied France makes me happier than a Pig in shit. Someday we might see that with Team Fusion mods, but for now there's 1946. Heck, it's even got a P-61 Widow Maker. I remember that was one of my favorite models to put together as a kid. If you can get past the graphics it really is an enjoyable game but no one seems to want to play it anymore. It's a shame because the level of immersion is mind blowing, imagine having a real time server with moving battlefronts, radars etc. A server where you can be part of a campaign that can last for months or even years. That's what HSFX offers. But time marches on and people find games like Cliffs Of Dover to immerse in, it's all good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

It really is a huge game in terms of scale and possibilities. In my opinion sons effects like the sun and the tracers are even better than they are in CloD. But sadly it is dying out. CloD doesn't have the same massive scope but I think eventually we'll get the next great IL2 (BoS just wont cut it) - hopefully a later war Western Front ETO. Then pacific and Med expansions could come and who knows what else. I think any sim could succeed as long as it's open to the community in terms of server and mod support, etc. Here's to the next new round of flight sims!

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Well flare, you're right but we're a niche group and those just don't get much attention anymore. It reminds me of the Subsim community. BOS maybe our only choice in the future. DCS looks dead and I don't know of any other developers working on it. Games like War Thunder get the numbers because they cater to a wider audience, I mean a ten year old can play that game with a mouse and be competitive. But you never know what can happen with Team Fusion, Colander is an extremely talented guy and things are in the works for different flight models so just hang on, we might surprise you.

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Flare View Post
    It really is a huge game in terms of scale and possibilities. In my opinion sons effects like the sun and the tracers are even better than they are in CloD. But sadly it is dying out. CloD doesn't have the same massive scope but I think eventually we'll get the next great IL2 (BoS just wont cut it) - hopefully a later war Western Front ETO. Then pacific and Med expansions could come and who knows what else. I think any sim could succeed as long as it's open to the community in terms of server and mod support, etc. Here's to the next new round of flight sims!

6. Likes JG27-Gaidin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

If you like dynamic Campaigns check this out. It is pretty much the most immersive flying you can experience in any flight SIM out there at the moment. Definitely the highest server population you will see here in the dawn of the IL-2 1946 erra.

50 vs 50 or there about. Co-Op based. dead is dead scenario.

The allied side is looking for pilots to fill extra slots:

http://2ndvarp.net/showthread.php?41...4-General-Info

Hope to see you and your mates in the skies over Italy !

~S~ !
    Last edited by II/JG77_RC; Oct-27-2015 at 21:51.

8. Likes 71st_AH_Eagle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

I am in the midst of IL 2 modding community, I think old IL2 is going strong. mMost people there fly offline. But today I had some coop missions among friends. The thousand of active members in IL 2 just wont stop. They have many of them just contempt regarding COD and BOS , I am sad to say.
    If IL 2 had been rebuilt as it is in a new platform, it would have rocked compared to COD and BOS. I find BOS to be a good and entertaining game, same goes for COD but neither will have the same spot in my hart as IL 2 Sturmovik had when new

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    184.7 KB

The DangerDogz http://dangerdogz.com/forums/ still fly HSFX twice a week, although the numbers have dropped a bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by LuseKofte View Post
    The thousand of active members in IL 2 just wont stop. They have many of them just contempt regarding COD and BOS , I am sad to say.
    If IL 2 had been rebuilt as it is in a new platform, it would have rocked compared to COD and BOS.
    IL-2 1946 was rebuilt as CLIFFS OF DOVER, many of the features and code elements of 1946 were continued on into CoD. Why anyone would have 'contempt' for CoD I really do not understand... Oleg was the designer for both, and he intended CoD to follow 1946. There is a natural evolution from 1946 to CoD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

The state this game had on release was a shock for most of us, and was dropped during the first days of testing it. Further more modders in IL2 had quite enough of the behavior of TD towards modding society , how they constantly made mods un useable for every patch. They simply do not tolerate that one group have exclusive rights like TF in COD .

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

I have been working on this campaign on and off more more than six months, but now it's finally finished!

In this 45-mission static campaign you try the role of a Luftwaffe fighter pilot on the Eastern Front during the period of May 1942 to January 1943. As we all know this was probably the most pivotal phase of WW2. It starts with the failed Red Army offensive against Kharkov, followed by Fall Blau, the big German summer offensive in the southern Ukraine, followed by the climax: the epic Battle for Stalingrad, from August that year until the fateful collapse of the surrounded 6th Army in early 1943.

Most missions are based on real events in some way, and the action on the ground, dates, daily front lines moving etc, follows history closely.

You will be flying the Messerschmitt Bf 109G2. Except in one mission you will fly the Fieseler Fi-156 "Storch" (to pick up the commander of Luftflotte 4, Generaloberst Wolfram von Richthofen), plus the final one, when Pitomnik is about to overrun and you will try and get out of the doomed "Kessel" manning a Heinkel He 111.

You can download it here: http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...etails&id=2250

REQUIREMENTS: This version of the campaign has been built in HSFX 7. I've heard that it can work in C.U.P., but that you will have to remove the underscore and ru (_ru) in order to see the briefings. (If I can get a confirmation of this, I can quickly fix a C.U.P.-version and post it together with the original version.)

One of the main reasons for building this is that I wanted to make a campaign using two of the very best WW2 East Front maps there is: the East Ukraine/Donbass map by Okevnas, and the repaint of the stock Stalingrad map by Cyberolas! I STRONGLY advise that you Cyberolas version. It makes all the difference in the world, immersion-wise. More on his GREAT rework here: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.ph...c,42678.0.html (There is however some kind of incompatibility between these two maps, at least in HSFX 7.3: if you have Cyberolas Stalingrad activated any progress you make on the part of the campaign that takes place on the East Ukraine/Donbass map will not be saved. So what you MUST do is then quite simply to have Cyberolas Stalingrad unactivated, or even unistalled, during that first phase, while you are on the Donbass/East Ukraina. You will see a reminder when it is time to switch to the Stalingrad map in the briefing.)

Included are 49 skins, made by the following talented skinners: VP_media (lots!), DS, Shooter, csThor, Hayate, Mangas, Emel, PGP, skulli_thor, skin-Hound, REDsWINGer, Phil K, Goodwood, Leadspitter, BBop, Repetier_71, Canon_UK, Borstl_71 and Winger69.

14. Likes major_setback liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_WatchMan View Post
    Just the thought of flying B-17s over occupied France makes me happier than a Pig in shit.
    I could not agree more. Having 15 B-17s with 10 P-51s over occupied France is like a whole bunch of happy puercos dipped deep in feces, with flocks of overjoyed, well fed poultry calmly spreading their droppings on their backs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Chess is a really old game compared to IL2, people play that all the time.

IL2'46 can't be beat.

There is so much you can do and experience, I really don't care that much if the flight models are not 100% studied and researched. The physics are real enough to require some skill and enjoy the experience. Which is what it is about.

I like realism, but I also want to have fun and it not to be an arcade/xbocks crap.

I would rather have more active dogfights than to care about if you can see flames coming out of the exhaust pipes, or the structure of the A/C when you damage it. I think the sim community is getting a little lost in the details.

All the mods for IL2'46 split us up bad enough. Even though HSFX made it what it should be, have no idea why 1C ignores bombers.
    W.W.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    138.5 KB

There are flaws with both HSFX and Ultrapack, with a clear bias to one side or the other, it's a shame the partisan mentality could not be kept out of it.

It's one of the things I admire about the TF guys, facts override emotion!

I loved IL2 played for years with UP, then HSFX, it took me a long time to convert to CloD, but I simply can't go back now, I have BoS but that's just not doing it for me, the flight dynamics are truly bizarre.

Other than testing I truly wish I could contribute to the effort for TF5, but I am a computer cretin , spent all my life in engineering or the military, I just don't comprehend computer code

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Gromit View Post

I loved IL2 played for years with UP, then HSFX, it took me a long time to convert to CloD, but I simply can't go back now....

Other than testing I truly wish I could contribute to the effort for TF5, but I am a computer cretin , spent all my life in engineering or the military, I just don't comprehend computer code

I agree Gromit, as much as I miss flying the P38 Lightning in HSFX, I just have been spoiled by CloD and the ATAG group (including the amazing TF gang), and will not be transferring it over to my new computer build. I would dearly love to see a P 38 in a good sim...... sigh

As far as computer code, well don't feel bad, you lost me at "computer"...... Maybe if you had arms (or you weren't just a dumb sock!) you could write code....
    Last edited by farley; Feb-16-2016 at 09:06.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

19. Likes Gromit liked this post