Thread: Create a mission to land refuel and take off again?

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Create a mission to land refuel and take off again?

Is it possible to have a mission start with landing and then refuel and take off again?
    I used to build a lot of quick il2 missions for LANs that put people right in the action and only went for 15 mins or so before we restarted.
    I was thinking of making some quick and dirty missions for COD and wondered whether this function was available.

Why? Because landing was never something that was a feature of quick and dirty missions. A lot of the guys I plan to play with are complete amateurs who will only play to have fun and appease the few of us who love simming.
    They do not expect to fly for an hour before anything happens.
    That is apart from a dedicated mission we used to have that had us landing lightnings on an aircraft carried in the middle of a thunder storm!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Create a mission to land refuel and take off again?

Would be great if you had a special key that lands you in the right spot for a ammo truck and fuel truck to reload your crate then your off again !

HH

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I believe there is a function in game. A mate was told by an old friend who was still playing CLod that a man with a fuel hose comes out and refuels you.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    820.0 KB

I read elsewhere in the forums that the RR function on ATAG server has not yet been upgraded top work with latest TF version.

Cool video, I never knew it did that...really cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Marmus View Post
    I read elsewhere in the forums that the RR function on ATAG server has not yet been upgraded top work with latest TF version.

Cool video, I never knew it did that...really cool.
    Yep, you could land your undamaged aircraft at any friendly airfield, and once you had rolled to a complete stop and switched off your engine you could type <rr in the chat bar. A fuel bowser would pull up to your plane and, after two minutes you'd be refuelled and rearmed. A technicality was that you could not expend ALL your ammo or fuel (ie deadstick landing) for this to work. It could be the longest two minutes of your life if you're sitting at a coastal airfield. You'd be amazed at how often you'd be vulched during the <rr routine. I even rolled into an empty hangar at Eastchurch once to hide while getting rr'd.....and got strafed! LOL (But that was part of the fun). For the Stats hounds you'll be pleased to know that if you rr'd then your next sortie(s) just counted in as the original sortie. Your kills/flight could look pretty darn good that way!

The <rr function is a server scripting that needs to be updated to the current 4.00 (or upcoming 4.01) patch. Word is that it'll be much better than the original <rr, but that is not for me to divulge.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Is the repair/refuel function something that will work in offline play, or online only?
    Don B

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K@4.50 ghz | Corsair H100i Cooling System | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Mhz ram | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW|2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD's |NZXT Phantom 820 Case | TM Warthog w/ 7.5cm Ext by Sajah|MFG Crosswinds Pedals|Oculus Rift|Windows 10 64 Bit |

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

In fact is not Repair and Refuel, is Rearm and Refuel (a pre condition is a not damaged plane).

I dont see any example, but I think that can be set for SP missions too, since is "script".
    The problem is that few people are able do set these hundred lines script code.

In CloD FMB you have very few things pre-set, the list is poor than 1946 FMB,
    triggers have only the function to "spawn planes".
    So you need C+ code and in this case the "sky is the limit" (well, and some bugs ).

Sokol1

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

d.burnette makes a good point....is this possible now (or in the future) for the 'minority' group (of which I am also one) who play offline?

Cheers, MP