Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monitors...What to look for

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Monitors...What to look for

It strikes me that the monitor you view CLOD through massively impacts the experience you have ingame...From situation awareness to immersion..

Ever since the release of CLOD I have had a problem with visibilty....I know this because when I wing with others they see things that I simply do not...I see aircraft that come closer and disappear...and then suddenly reappear again very close...It has become less of a problem lately as I can often judge where contacts are more likely to be as they go through this 'zone'...so it becomes less of a shock...and I can take precautions as I enter the dogfight..In short I have learned to live with it...

It has also become more apparent the last month as I have been winging recently with one of my FS buddies (FS~Dirty) who sees many contacts that I do not....He sometimes will see 4 -5 aircraft where I see nothing at all...He has an LG 42 inch monitor...I have an ACER 24 inch....

My question is this.....What should someone look for in a monitor to get the maximum out of CLOD?....What criteria?...Size?....Refresh rate?

Sorry if this has already been covered...but will save me a world of pain trolling if I get responses here...

Thanks in advance...

...lew...
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Aug-30-2013 at 16:56.
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Monitors...What to look for

QNIX QX2710 Evolution II (Matte) 27" 2560X1440 Computer Monitor

Amazing crystal clear view - just got it a few weeks ago - makes for an amazing experience:

2560x1440 High Resolution WQHD Panel / 43W Low power consumption.
    178 wide viewing angle / LED backlight / Bypass board
    Matte type screen / Piano-black high glossy slim bezel / TILT stand / Dual DVI-D
    Beautiful images with 50,000 levels contrast ration / 8ms Respond time
    5W+5W Built-in speaker / Space-efficiency using walls(100X100 VESA holes)

Qnix Qx2710 27" 2560x1440 Monitor Specification
    Condition : New in manufacture box
    Model :QX2710 LED Evolution Ⅱ
    Screen Size : 27 inch(68.14cm) Wide
    Display Technology : LED
    Panel : SAMSUNG PLS
    Max. Resolution : 2560 X 1440(WQHD)
    Video inputs : DVI-D
    View Angle : 178° / 178°
    Speaker : 5W + 5W
    Consumption / Standby Power : 43W / 0.5W
    Respond Time : 6ms(GtoG)
    Aspect Ratio : 16:10
    Dynamic Contrast Ratio : 50,000:1
    Static Contrast Ratio : 1,000:1
    Brightness : 300 cd/m²
    Vesa Mount : 100 x 100 mm
    Function : Tilt
    Weight : 5.2 kg(11.46 lb)

"My idea of flying is to have a group take off together, stick together, fight together, try to accomplish the mission together and hopefully all land together" - AKA_Recon

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.26 MB

I just got the BenQ 2720T an I can't say enough how much I love it. Really great stats and from my old monitor to this it's well worth the high price.
    Spec: Intel i9 11900k overclocked at 5.3 GHz, Asus Maximus XIII motherboard, 64 GB high speed DDR4 RAM, ROG Strix RTX 4090, M.2 HD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS with center stick and extension, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5 or HP Reverb G2, CH Throttle Quadrant, LG UltraGear 48GQ900 monitor.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    276.95 MB

I bought a Benq XL2410T 120 Hz 24 inch monitor for Clod and it seems to do the business. Before this monitor I was using CRTs. Colours and brightness were poor out of the box but after calibrating fine. Very happy with it. Of course a similar but larger monitor would probably be even better but finances ...

RedToo.

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Saipan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

been kicking the tires on that one and the asus one also.....
    ASUS Z370-A, i5 8600k, CM haf-x, EVGA gtx 1660 Ti SC ACX, Antec HC 850, Samsung 120GB SSD , WD Black 1TB, Corsair GSkill 16GB, Creative SB Recon, Creative G500 5.1, ASUS VS248h-P
    Me-110 Black 17 with Hptmn. Hans "AWAC" Warsteiner
    :
    Trust me , I fly a Bf 110 (C2-->C7)

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    296.1 KB

For my next monitor I am having a serious look at the LG IPS 29EA93 29" 21:9 UltraWide. With a res of 2560 x 1080 and increased width it would seem like an alternative option to a multi-monitor setup with extra peripheral vision at less cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Personally Lewis, I'd wait for the next TF patch and the LOD fixes to look towards a new monitor making a difference spotting stuff. On the subject of monitors, I bought one of those Hazros that were available from Overclockers a year ago, but the seem to not stock the model I bought. Crazy price and the colours are fantastic, but I have no idea how well I ca see stuff compared to others, so quite a useless addition to the post really!

On a good day you can still hear the rumble of the Merlin flying overhead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    141.17 MB

I see the prices of some of the monitors being mentioned here are at and above 500 why not have a look at this 27'' dell I purchased three and ended up just using one and they have lots of input and output ports resolution 2560x1440 DELL U2713HM there a great screen but if I was to buy now I would go for the 30''

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Wombat View Post
    I see the prices of some of the monitors being mentioned here are at and above 500 why not have a look at this 27'' dell I purchased three and ended up just using one and they have lots of input and output ports resolution 2560x1440 DELL U2713HM there a great screen but if I was to buy now I would go for the 30''
    The 27" monitor I referenced above was priced around $300

"My idea of flying is to have a group take off together, stick together, fight together, try to accomplish the mission together and hopefully all land together" - AKA_Recon

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    141.17 MB

BenQ 2720T

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Wombat View Post
    BenQ 2720T
    Yup. That monitor is the best thing I have purchased in a while. I can't believe how much more I am seeing. I love it!
    Spec: Intel i9 11900k overclocked at 5.3 GHz, Asus Maximus XIII motherboard, 64 GB high speed DDR4 RAM, ROG Strix RTX 4090, M.2 HD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS with center stick and extension, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5 or HP Reverb G2, CH Throttle Quadrant, LG UltraGear 48GQ900 monitor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

I see bunches of advertisement for that BenQ Monitor, Where did you guys get one ?? price ???

Never Mind Im an idiot: was googling the wrong thing Found them
    Last edited by ATAG_Knuckles; Sep-01-2013 at 19:23.

Asus Z390 MB, 32 GB Corsair RAM, 850 W Power Supply, Intel Core i7 9700K GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 G and about a dozen squirrels running on a wheel that I sometimes forget to feed !

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I've also been on the lookout for a new monitor for the last year, but manufacturers haven't brought much new to the hardware other than 3D. Since hearing about the Oculus Rift I've put my monitor search on hold, until I see if this new hardware pans out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.23 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
    I've also been on the lookout for a new monitor for the last year, but manufacturers haven't brought much new to the hardware other than 3D. Since hearing about the Oculus Rift I've put my monitor search on hold, until I see if this new hardware pans out.
    Same here.
    And Im sorry but the prices they want for some of these monitors are asinine.
    I will not pay more for a monitor than I would for a nice Yugoslavian AK.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.63 MB

I looking for one used tv LG plasma 42" HD (not full HD)
    price from 250 euro until 350 euro

I know it is a TV-Monitor..
    I KNOW I DO NOT GET .... the maximum out of CLOD?
    but I don not worry !!!

I just enjoy a full size-monitor !!!

Supporting Member 92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Just ordered a BenQ 2720T.... bah ha ha ha!

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    7.46 MB

Warthog, new monitor, have you won the lottery Phill?

Supporting Member 92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 92 Sqn. Reddog (QJ-R) View Post
    Warthog, new monitor, have you won the lottery Phill?
    Nope. Finally paid off my student loan two months ago, after nearly 10 years of payments......
    No longer making those repayments means savings plus spending power

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    303.47 MB

Dear All,

Well the Santa is getting close and i start to look for new monitor!

I am looking for 27" @ 2560x1440

The main target for me is quality of the image color true and etc. (FPS hit - i dont care).

So far i made my choice - Asus PB 278Q!

also i found a "noname" monitors from Korea - Crossover .... and otheres - any idea about them?

So please if any one use such ones (Asus and ....), please, please write a review of it - how they "present" Cliffs of Dover! How the quality of the picture change after switching from 1080 to 1440, new or/and more detailed parts appeared?

Other suggestions are welcome as well!

Thank you in dvance!

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Jamz Dackel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.0 KB

Lewis

http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/m...773hs-gb1.html

Good luck if you can find a better monitor for the price buddy.. An amazing monitor 144hz instead of the usual 60hz on most..with 1ms REFRESH TIME! HDMI full HD LED...

in a word.. The nuts
    https://ibb.co/vqQKb5H

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Ziegler's Avatar
    Coast of Maine - Halfway between the equator and the North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Good buy Jamz
    Corsair 600T-Gigabite Gigabyte Z77-UD5 mobo-I7 Ivy Bridge 3770k@3.5ghz-Scythe Ninja 3 -16g HyperX- EVGA GTX 670 FTW-HyperX SSD-Logitech G19-Cyborg Ratz 9-CH Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and throttle with MFG Crosswind pedals, BenQ 2420T monitor, Track IR-5, Obutto Rev3. http://9jg52.com/

Glückliche sieben

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 5./JG27 Ziegler View Post
    Good buy Jamz
    Yea love it mate..

Lewis obviously you can for your big what I class as a normal flat screen 42'' yada but its when your panning quickly for instance or playing FPS your see the difference with the refresh times etc.. you may not notice it as much in a flight sim but put something busy on the screen and your see right away..Arma for instance

My old monitor was a 24'' LG and was great with 5ms... The clarity of this monitor and the smoothness of it its noticeable right away

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Looks interesting but I'd ne interested in an ips-e screen rather than TN and also it misses this criteria from the OP "I am looking for 27" @ 2560x1440"

Interesting thread, so is there a monitor out there with a 2560 resolution and ips-e screen (better for image editing too than TN)?

Currently my Dell 24" is getting long in the tooth (but even after 7-years no dead.pixels!) and I think an upgrade for gaming and Photo editing is probably on the cards

Cheers, MP

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Looks interesting but I'd ne interested in an ips-e screen rather than TN and also it misses this criteria from the OP "I am looking for 27" @ 2560x1440"

Interesting thread, so is there a monitor out there with a 2560 resolution and ips-e screen (better for image editing too than TN)?

Currently my Dell 24" is getting long in the tooth (but even after 7-years no dead.pixels!) and I think an upgrade for gaming and Photo editing is probably on the cards

Cheers, MP
    Where does it mention resolution? Or am I missing something?

Anyway if you want to go to that resolution especially on a 27'' then your spending a lot more...My point is you don't need that high a resolution if you have the clarity

If money wasn't an option then there are better monitors than the one I purchased for sure, but if I had the money I would have 3 of these

Diagonal 27"
    Panel TN
    Display Area H x W 336.3 x 597.9 mm; 13.2" x 23.5"
    Response time 1ms
    Contrast 1000 : 1 typical
    Contrast 5 000 000 : 1 ACR
    Brightness 300 cd/m² typical
    Viewing zone horizontal/vertical: 170°/ 160°; right/left: 85°/ 85°; up/down: 80°/ 80°
    Display colour 16.7 million
    Pixel pitch h x v 0.311 x 0.311 mm
    Native resolution Full HD 1080p, 1920 x 1080 ( 2.1 megapixel)
    Horizontal sync DVI: 30 - 140 KHz
    Vertical sync DVI: 55 - 120 Hz
    Synchronization Separate Sync
    Aspect ratio 16 : 9

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

I, too, am looking for a monitor. But, I have several questions:

1) Is 27" the biggest I should look at? How about some of the smaller TV's? 32", 37", 42"? Is there a point at which bigger isn't better?
    2) LCD vs LED vs Plasma, which will give me the best color, sharpness, response time for flight simming?
    3) I have heard that Plasma TV's run hot and need some maintenance after a period of time? True?
    3) If I go higher than 1920x1080, would I need to change anything in my specs? My graphics card, for instance?

Thanks,

badfinger
    Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming MB,
    Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 31ghz CPU, EVGA 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram,
    Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte Curved Monitor 165hz, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, Reverb G2

League City, TX

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

The missus is going to buy me a ASUS VG248QE for my birthday. $239 from Newegg with promo code if ordered before 11.11 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236313).

I'd avoid the Dell U2713-HM. I bought one and it looked great, but it had several dead pixels in six months, then Dell support fought me, insinuating it was my fault, then they sent me a refurbed replacement that has its own set of issues. All of which left me with a bad bad taste in my mouth. I will never buy Dell again. (Anyone interested in a lightly used U2713-HM at a good price?) :/

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

I'm thinking about a big screen TV, or dual 27" monitors. I have been told my GTX570HD will support them, but I also heard that you get half of your resolution on each monitor. So, 1920 becomes 960 on each. Is that true?

Thank,

badfinger
    Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming MB,
    Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 31ghz CPU, EVGA 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram,
    Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte Curved Monitor 165hz, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, Reverb G2

League City, TX

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Headshot View Post
    I just got the BenQ 2720T an I can't say enough how much I love it. Really great stats and from my old monitor to this it's well worth the high price.
    Just purchased this monitor myself, I love it, beautiful colors without a doubt the nicest monitor I've ever owned.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    249.9 KB

Thanks again Lewis!, after reading all of these post, I know why I have not been able to spot enemy planes! I only have a 22 inch monitor, everyone else has at least a 27 inch or better. Santa will have to get daddy a new monitor.

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

If anyone is on a tight budget take a look at the Acer S236HL 23". I saw it running in the store alongside a whole bunch of other monitors - it was the best by far in my price range regards picture quality (even compared to some costing a lot more). I would love a 27" but this 23" does a great job for me in CloD.
    [CENTER][/CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - MSFF2/X45Th - Asus 23' Monitor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast