Thread: Freaky Graphics I can't see anymore Help!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    267.00 MB

Freaky Graphics I can't see anymore Help!

Hello,
    I have been flying single player campaign for a while now and everything has been fine. Now, all of the sudden, I am trying to fly the next mission and I have really freaky graphics that make if very difficultto see. In addition, there is a lady in a blue pokadot dress sitting in the cockpit with me. I would love to take hher for a ride and all, but I can not hunt the enemy with her there. I beleive that this is some fort of graphics setting that I will need to change.

Does anybody know how to fix this. It is the close of the weekend and I would really like to fly!!

Thanks
    Dufalator

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    267.00 MB

Re: Freaky Graphics I can't see anymore Help!

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Did you try to clear your cache folder in the user/docs/1csoft/MOD directory? Just delete the contents. The 'heartbreaker spit' is ... well I won't go there, but it might cause clipping on certain view angles (trying to look down her blouse? (naughty naughty). Fortunately it's only one mission. That's all I can think of. You do use the Team Fusion patches, I trust?

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    267.00 MB

Thanks
    I will try that. Yes I ahve all of the Team Fusion patches.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    267.00 MB

Ok I just cleared out the Cahe, and still have the problem. There is one "Folder" in the cahe that says "Shaders". I did not remove that folder. I am not sure what it does.

Do you think that I should also remove the "Shaders" folder???

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    267.00 MB

OK,
    I went ahead and removed the Shaders folder and it completely wiped out my campaign progress. Now I will have to start over again.

I the meantime, Is there anything else that you can think of to get rid of this crazy lady and weird effects the next time it appears?

Dufalator

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

The shaders folder can go too, and it won't wipe out campaign progress AFAIK. You may have accidently deleted a folder you shouldn't have, because it's safe to delete ALL contents of the cache folder. I think you might have some other issue with graphics going on- drivers? card? overlays running? could be lots of stuff - all I can do is advise to check through the tech section of the forum and read read read, sorry. The crazy lady appears in one mission only, so she shouldn't be around long, and I'm unaware of any issues (graphics) that the heartbreaker spit causes, otherwise something crazy is going on with your game.. We may need some help from someone experienced with the single player side of the sim.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Dufalator,

If you are playing the stock British campaign of the game, the lady is part of the story - supposedly some real RAF pilot really take a girl for a ride during BoB, and shoot down a He-111 with he in this lap...

So your task in that mission (no. 17) is "Impress Florence", the girl... and maybe shoot down a Heinkel or two.

Supposedly modeled based on this girl in background.

http://fooblog.mexxoft.com/wp-conten...DSCN0115-4.jpg

Here the mission briefing:

Spoiler: 
    [1]
    <Name>
    Intro
    <Description>
    Later that night.

There she was, waiting for me by the wall in her blue dress. She smiled when she saw me approach. I slowed down to a walk and tried to catch my breath. I was only 4 minutes late.

“Hello flyboy,” she said, “are those for me?”

“Yes, madam.” I handed her the flowers in an overly formal manner. She laughed.

“Are we really going to fly today?”

“Well, let’s go into the hangar. I’ll show you what it’s like.”

She smiled and held my hand. My heart sank.

I showed her a Spitfire, told her about the control surfaces and the engine and the guns. She swung the rudder and ran her finger down the flap and looked inside the muzzles. I could hear her breathing heavily. I did not dare put my arm around her.

“And there’s the cockpit door.” I climbed onto the wing, and held out my hand. She followed me. The Spitfire’s wing dipped under our weight.

I sat down onto the bucket seat, so strange with no parachute pack. I showed her how the stick moved the controls, showed her the levers and the gauges and the gunsight.

“Are you going to start it up?” she asked.

I paused and then said “Well you’d better get inside then.”

Without hesitation she sat across my lap and pushed my knee away so she could bring her feet inside. “Ooh,” she said, and struggled to close the cockpit door. I helped. It was the tightest fit I could ever imagine.

“Oh, what are we doing?” She asked and looked straight at me. I put my arms around her, squeezed her tight, and began to lean in for a kiss. “Wait,” she said, “you just wait! What do you think you got me in here for? Aren’t we going to fly?”

“I’m sorry!” I said.

I don’t know how we started the engine. I could barely reach the stick, and its movement was cut in half by our knees. I couldn’t see the dashboard. I couldn’t see outside. The canopy didn’t close over her head.

I taxied towards the far end of the runway. Fumes filled the cockpit, and evening breeze rustled her hair. She screamed with horror or with delight, I couldn’t tell.

Surely there, at the runway threshold, court martial and other untold horrors awaited me. Why then was I so happy?

<Caption>
    Royal Air Force Campaign
    Mission 17
    September 17, 1940
    Player Plane: Supermarine Spitfire (single-seat fighter)
    Impress Florence.

Strange that empty your cache folder erase your mission progress, this is saved in Mission/Campaign folder - unless you delete all 1C folder content.
    Look at recycled bin, if the files are there use the restore function.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Nov-22-2015 at 21:15.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    354.79 MB

Hello, I have a fix for this.... well, a work-around. I know this is an old thread but I'm sure someone will come across this looking for answers as I did.

The trick is for your pilot to wear a a CAP or to wear nothing on the head. Click on Extras and then in Pilot (clothes). Here you can change jackets, boots, gloves, etc.
    ALSO, Florence (the girl) naturally leans in the middle of the cockpit. If you use left-rudder she will lean to the side, giving you better vision.

Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

The real life chick is a babe! ....WOOF!
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

11. Likes DerDa, ATAG_Vampire liked this post