Thread: 2.0 in alpha testing

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

2.0 in alpha testing

The 2.0 version of Star Citizen is right now in limited Test Access. It will release fully in the next week or so.

If you don't know, 2.0 includes the first step of the whole universe. You can spawn in the Crusader system in a space station, take off, fly around the planet using your Quantum Drive (essentially hyper-space) visit other stations including a repair/refuel station and a derelict station where you can do EVA zero-g FPS combat. There is multicrew on big ships so you can get in a turret in the Constellation (kind of like the Mellenium Falcon) or the Retaliator (space B-29). There are AI pirates and many other things.

Pretty much this video shows and explains it all.

This second video (from gamescom) is a live demo by Chris Roberts and the team and it really shows what you can do. Also watch till the end, something pretty good happens.

Also, if you're interested in starting to play, you can buy starter packages for I believe $45 and you get a decent ship. Also use this referral code and you get 5,000 Credits ingame: STAR-6Z5W-J9PD You don't have to buy other ships (Sort of like DCS modules, but some more expensive!!!) to play, and if you're lucky, you might find someone who will let you fly or gun in their ship.
    Last edited by ATAG_Flare; Nov-28-2015 at 11:52.

2. Likes ATAG_Septic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Re: 2.0 in alpha testing

After 13 (!) test builds on the PTU, Alpha 2.0 is now LIVE! That means anyone can play it. It is mostly crash-free now but still buggy as can be expected in an Alpha game like this. I now wait for the final few GB to download on my super-slow connection.

Patchnotes: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...a-20-Available

4. Likes ATAG_Septic liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot VII.Racetrack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Is anybody playining in this days?

"Volare è utile, atterrare è necessario"
    www.settimostormo.it

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Liking Star Citizen more and more, fantastic graphics and looking forward to it coming online without glitches.

Great preview of 2.0 someone made on youtube:

EDIT: Nearly 14 hours into the V2.12 file download CIGPatcher failed with 45 minutes to go and failed to reinitialise, but thankfully after much cursing and swearing I got it up and running again and even more thankfully taking up the download where it left off. With only 5mb/s download speed it means I can't use the tinternet for anything else much while it is downloading, so to say I was a bit miffed....... Could have been a deal breaker.

28 mins and less than 1gb to go.........

May be a silly question that has already been answered elsewhere but having to wait a couple of minutes for each page to load I will ask it on this page...apologies. Is SC fully compatible with Oc Rift CV1?

Edit 2: Seroiusly needs a better control interface and better means of setting buttons and axis on the joystick. Try as I might and i cannot get joystick assignments to stick. For Oculus to be used it will need drop down menus or some such, just too many keyboard buttons needed. Non starter for rift as is.

Also my "character" gets stuck at the console when selecting which ship to be delivered to the pad. Ship selected and delivered to pad and my avatar freezes.
    Last edited by Tinkicker; Feb-14-2016 at 11:37.
    Intel I9 9900K at 5.0 Ghz. Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra Motherboard. 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM. EVGA G3 PSU. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC. Thermaltake flo riing360 water cooler. 1TB Corsair M.2 NVMe boot drive. I TB Seagate hybrid mass storage drive. HP Reverb. TM Warthog HOTAS. MFG Crosswind pedals.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

It's been quiet around this hype lately, how's it all coming along? Was interested in the concept but I promised myself not to take part in pre-purchase or alpha/beta stages again.
    LG1.Homuth

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkicker View Post
    Also my "character" gets stuck at the console when selecting which ship to be delivered to the pad. Ship selected and delivered to pad and my avatar freezes.
    Push Left ctrl + f to exit console. This go for exiting seats/turrers also.