Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone help with high resolution images of the 109 F-4 cockpit in Ottawa?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Can anyone help with high resolution images of the 109 F-4 cockpit in Ottawa?

A request from our lead modeller if anyone in the community can help? You may surmise from this that the F-4 is one of the Me-109's that is being created for TF v5.00.

"if anyone travel to Ottawa, please bring a good camera, and shot tons of photo, especially the details in outside and inside the cockpit of the 109 (WNr 10132) it would be really helpful".

If anyone has OR can take any images please contact me at: teamfusion2013@hotmail.com

Cheers, MP
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

2. Likes SD_MTaff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Can anyone help with high resolution images of the 109 F-4 cockpit in Ottawa?

Maybe the Museum itself can provide pictures? Has a request been sent?
    MSI GAMING G65 // i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ // ASUS GTX 780 CUll // 8GB RAM (@1600mhz) // Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Version
    Thrustmaster T16000 + Saitek x52 Throttle // Saitek Throttle Quadrant // MFG Crosswind Pedals // Track IR 5

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

4. Likes ATAG_Dave liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    925 Bytes

Re: Can anyone help with high resolution images of the 109 F-4 cockpit in Ottawa?

I'll see if I can get some.

6. Likes ATAG_Lewis, Artist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Anyone who is asking, please be very respectful and accommodating to the requirements of the Museum.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    191.25 MB

Found this for what it's worth. Obviously your after higher-res & closer detailed pics of various layouts & components ....

Messerschmitt Bf 109F-4

9. Likes GERMANWOLF liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    419.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    A request from our lead modeller if anyone in the community can help? You may surmise from this that the F-4 is one of the Me-109's that is being created for TF v5.00.

"if anyone travel to Ottawa, please bring a good camera, and shot tons of photo, especially the details in outside and inside the cockpit of the 109 (WNr 10132) it would be really helpful".

If anyone has OR can take any images please contact me at: teamfusion2013@hotmail.com

Cheers, MP

Can you elaborate more... Ottawa Ontario Canada? Or the Ottawa in the U.S.? And if it's the one in Ottawa Canada is it the war museum or the aviation museum? I live close to both.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_StormBat View Post
    Can you elaborate more... Ottawa Ontario Canada? Or the Ottawa in the U.S.? And if it's the one in Ottawa Canada is it the war museum or the aviation museum? I live close to both.
    Thanks for your interest.

Aviation Museum in Ottawa Ontario Canada... this is the best option for 109F4's which remain.

As mentioned, if you approach them, say you are doing this for a non-profit group who are creating a 3D model of the aircraft type.

If you do shoot this, you will need a step ladder, and either portable lights or a flash. You will need a camera which does accurate auto focus and which has a good level of detail, large high resolution pictures.

Please be as respectful as possible when contacting and meeting with the staff, and when doing the photographs, please don't touch the aircraft, don't ask to get into the cockpit, you won't be allowed to.

You basically need to extend your arm holding the camera into the cockpit and then take the pics.

We need a 360 view of the cockpit from the perspective of the pilot.

We already have some fairly good shots of the main frontal area of the instrument cluster, we need more of the sides, lower areas and seat back.

Please check the photos on a laptop or handheld to make sure they are in focus prior to leaving.

Thanks
    Last edited by RAF74_Buzzsaw; Feb-04-2016 at 12:51.

12. Likes Vlerkies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    419.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post

Aviation Museum in Ottawa Ontario Canada... this is the best option for 109F4's which remain.

As mentioned, if you approach them, say you are doing this for a non-profit group who are creating a 3D model of the aircraft type.

If you do shoot this, you will need a step ladder, and either portable lights or a flash. You will need a camera which does accurate auto focus and which has a good level of detail, large high resolution pictures.

Please be as respectful as possible when contacting and meeting with the staff, and when doing the photographs, please don't touch the aircraft, don't ask to get into the cockpit, you won't be allowed to.

You basically need to extend your arm holding the camera into the cockpit and then take the pics.

We need a 360 view of the cockpit from the perspective of the pilot.

We already have some fairly good shots of the main frontal area of the instrument cluster, we need more of the sides, lower areas and seat back.

Please check the photos on a laptop or handheld to make sure they are in focus prior to leaving.

Thanks
    Don't worry I know how to spread the charm and talk to people. So I called them and they were very helpful they have a library of all the aircraft in house and a woman(Silvie) who can help me and get me some pics. The only problem is she's there just a day or two a week and does others things for the museum. So I will try and set something up with her in the next week or two, but only if she has specific and hd detailed pics of the 109-F4 cockpit. Cheers.

-Stormy

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Don't worry I know how to spread the charm and talk to people. So I called them and they were very helpful they have a library of all the aircraft in house and a woman(Silvie) who can help me and get me some pics. The only problem is she's there just a day or two a week and does others things for the museum. So I will try and set something up with her in the next week or two, but only if she has specific and hd detailed pics of the 109-F4 cockpit. Cheers.

-Stormy
    Thanks for your help Stormbat!

Please contact me if you are able to arrange something.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    419.7 KB

Roger wilco! Cheers.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Storm Bat, I'm just curious as to whether you called or went in? My father has a decent camera and if it's capable per TF standards, I'd be more than happy to wander on over to Rockliffe and take the photos if they'd let me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 3./JG51_Savage View Post
    Storm Bat, I'm just curious as to whether you called or went in? My father has a decent camera and if it's capable per TF standards, I'd be more than happy to wander on over to Rockliffe and take the photos if they'd let me.
    If you can hold off for a while, Stormbat is working on this right now...if he is unable to complete, I will contact you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

So we are looking for resolution at least as good as below:

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Can BOS F4 cockpit be used for dials and placement? Texture for metal can be taken from CLOD E4. Saves photos!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Roland, simple answer, No!
    Long answer. NOoooooo!

That is copyright of another developer and we already have enough on our hands making the mod without the concern of litigation.

So BoS is BoS and we are makng ours for TF and Cliffs of Dover from scratch.

MP
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

21. Likes Gromit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

That is copyright of another developer and we already have enough on our hands making the mod without the concern of litigation.

MP
    use image/screenshot to inform creation of TF cockpit - no copyright problem as BOS only shows what original layout was and Messerschmidt AG not able to collect even if laws still allowed it. Can use low res images on web to check "look" is correct.

Simple no?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Appreciate your input and enthusiasm. Currently we ha e a plan of action and it's the route we are happier taking. Cheers, Map

24. Likes GERMANWOLF, ATAG_Flare, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Roland, simple answer, No!
    Long answer. NOoooooo!

we already have enough on our hands making the mod without the concern of litigation.

MP
    shame on those who continue to profit on the back of TFs hard work in making a bad game good without lifting a finger to assist.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

There is a nice digital one in Il-2 Battle of Stalingrad...is it ethical to view it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    There is a nice digital one in Il-2 Battle of Stalingrad...is it ethical to view it?
    We've already made it clear we are not going to be copying or using material from other games.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    We've already made it clear we are not going to be copying or using material from other games.
    Sorry i missed that .I didn't mean copy-I thought you just needed more reference.Obviously please forget I mentioned it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    419.7 KB

UPDATE:

Mr. Meikle,

We do have photos of the cockpit, unfortunately they do not belong to the
    library. The person to contact is Marc XXXXXXXX at
    XXXX@XXXX.ca or 613-XXX-XXXX. There is one photo of the
    cockpit on our website. It is quite detailed
    http://casmuseum.techno-science.ca/e...-bf-109f-4.php NOTE: THIS PHOTO WAS ALREADY SHARED ON THE TF UPDATES SECTION OF THE ATAG FORUMS.

Regards,
    Sylvie Bertrand
    Canada Aviation & Space Museum
    Musée de l'aviation et de l'espace du Canada
    Library Services / Services de la bibliothèque
    P.O. Box 9724, Station T
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Canada, K1G 5A3
    email : aviation.info@techno-science.ca

Just talked to Marc and he will be sending me some HD photos from the cockpit of the 109-F4 within a week. Cheers.

-Stormy

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Thanks Stormbat!

UPDATE:

Mr. Meikle,

We do have photos of the cockpit, unfortunately they do not belong to the
    library. The person to contact is Marc XXXXXXXX at
    XXXX@XXXX.ca or 613-XXX-XXXX. There is one photo of the
    cockpit on our website. It is quite detailed
    http://casmuseum.techno-science.ca/e...-bf-109f-4.php NOTE: THIS PHOTO WAS ALREADY SHARED ON THE TF UPDATES SECTION OF THE ATAG FORUMS.

Regards,
    Sylvie Bertrand
    Canada Aviation & Space Museum
    Musée de l'aviation et de l'espace du Canada
    Library Services / Services de la bibliothèque
    P.O. Box 9724, Station T
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Canada, K1G 5A3
    email : aviation.info@techno-science.ca

Just talked to Marc and he will be sending me some HD photos from the cockpit of the 109-F4 within a week. Cheers.

-Stormy

31. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Salmo View Post
    Found this for what it's worth. Obviously your after higher-res & closer detailed pics of various layouts & components ....

Messerschmitt Bf 109F-4
    Cool cockpit!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    806.84 MB

A 109 K-4 manual helps?

I have this one (143 pages): http://www.mediafire.com/view/mndo67.../Bf-109K-4.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Some images found on the net about it:

....and a photo of the restored interior of W.Nr.10132, Horst Carganico's F model in Ottawa, Canada.
    10132_cockpit.jpg ( page http://109lair.hobbyvista.com/models...ires32f_ew.htm )

Here from another Bf 109 F-4

post-187-0-89009900-1380171021.jpg

109f4.jpg
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I helped out Oleg and Ilya in the old days, taking very detailed photos of the Tiger Moth and Gloster Meteor (!) in the Brussels War Museum. It really shouldn't be too much of a problem to talk to one of the restorers at Ottawa and ask for a peek into the F-4 cockpit, I think. Such people are usually very happy to share their interest with others.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I live in Ottawa and was actually at the museum last week!

If anyone needs a hand with this kind of thing let me know.

The 109 they have there is a beaut:

IMG_0071.JPG

37. Likes ATAG_Freya, Teufel liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Here's the only other shot of the 109 I took. The business end! Click to expand.

IMG_0070.jpg

39. Likes Teufel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Go to this link ( http://ilmavoimamuseo.fi/virtualmuseum/ ) and you can enter the Bf 109 F-4 cockpit in a 360 degrees view! ( Aircraft #14 )

LINK: http://ilmavoimamuseo.fi/virtualmuseum/
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast