Thread: Il2 an MMO, would you buy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Il2 an MMO, would you buy?

I am not trying to spread rumors, especially one from such a questionable source, but I wonder what your take is on this?

http://www.bobgamehub.blogspot.co.uk/

Personally I would not purchase it, not unless its was MUCH more than COD was supposed to be...
    Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 @4GHz | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
    MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
    CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
    INPUTS: Tarmac KG13, TH Warthog Throttle, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Re: Il2 an MMO, would you buy?

Random free blog. I can do that to.

There. Here's mine. http://jagdflieger.com Lets fill it up with made up stuff. Who wants to be a contributing blogger?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

LOL Keller, what is this?

P.S. Your welcome to use this image in the banner if you think it suits

Last edited by JG52_Krupi; Sep-20-2012 at 15:16.
    Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 @4GHz | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Keller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Krupi View Post
    LOL Keller, what is this?

P.S. Your welcome to use this image in the banner if you think it suits

Huh?

III./ZG76 2N+ZR
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Intel Core i7 4970 @ 3.6 GHz, Win 7 64 bit, 16 GB Ram, GTX 980 4GB GPU

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Sorry I was referring to this..

http://www.jagdflieger.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Krupi View Post

Hey, whenever I see this while flying my Spit, my screen suddenly goes BLACK!!!!

Must be a graphical glitch in the program........

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Yes, but it wont be a glitch when I finally get my hands on one of these...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Heh, sweet!

May be a bit of a wait, but wouldn't it be a nice surprise with "the sequel"?

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

If you have paid attention to the comments of the Ubisoft president lately this wouldn't be a huge shock. They seem to be pushing their developers towards free to play models, which are really pay to play. I would expect f2p more than an mmo. IMO the sequel would have to be such a massive step forward from CloD just in netcode alone for this to even be possible.

http://techreport.com/news/23457/ubi...acy-rate-93-95

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

For me it depends on the flight models and how true they stay to the original concept of IL2. If the FMs and DMs are just as detailed and controllable ground units are added I am in for sure, but if they reduce the overall complexity of the game to appeal to a broader audience like WOP then I will not purchase the sequel.

They are really in a bad position at this point and at the moment I do not have a lot of confidence they can pull it off. The Devs have a serious catch 22, they have to press on since it is really the way to make enough money to keep going, but by having/leaving COD in its present state they have pissed off their current customer base and kept a large portion of their potential customers from buying. They have one more shot and if they come up short they are finished, which is a real shame because I fear that will be the end of real WW II combat flight sim development.

As for the MMO rumor coming back, well I think after what the Devs have shown us with controllable ground vehicles they are going to be part of the sequel in some way, but I cant believe 1C thinks they can make that model work any better than a pay for large content updates/sequel models, especially after EA bagged Star Wars pay to play.

JD
    AKA_MattE

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.93 MB

Sorry, as much as I like CloD I will not get involved in a MMO (again) ..... speaking only for myself I'm lucky just to have internet to play here, much less pay a monthly fee .... I love roF but I wont go that route again either .... some of you know how much I have invested in that ( I have all the planes and addon with exception of the newist) ... go figure ...
    Last edited by ChiefRedCloud; Sep-21-2012 at 12:07.
    SERVING THE ROF AND BOS COMMUNITY

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Saipan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

sounds like Iron Front.
    ASUS Z370-A, i5 8600k, CM haf-x, EVGA gtx 1660 Ti SC ACX, Antec HC 850, Samsung 120GB SSD , WD Black 1TB, Corsair GSkill 16GB, Creative SB Recon, Creative G500 5.1, ASUS VS248h-P
    Me-110 Black 17 with Hptmn. Hans "AWAC" Warsteiner
    :
    Trust me , I fly a Bf 110 (C2-->C7)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

How kewl would it be that you had to buy your a/c for a couple of bucks and if you lose it you have to buy a new one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.93 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Doc View Post
    How kewl would it be that you had to buy your a/c for a couple of bucks and if you lose it you have to buy a new one.
    Can I get your bank account number?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    184.7 KB

It sounds like they plan on releasing plane sets. So we will have the German, Italian and Brit plane sets and they will start to release more with the MMO, (Russian, late war, ect).

I wouldn't mind the business model, but there are two things about MMOs I can't stand:

-monthly fees: because it drives away customers and I'd rather not be fighting AI

-game controlled servers: because they always suck. They have low bandwidth, crummy missions, and little to no server control.

I also hope they don't try to implement some sort of ridiculous experience tree like World of __(Insert crappy game here)___.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.93 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_NakedSquirrel View Post
    It sounds like they plan on releasing plane sets. So we will have the German, Italian and Brit plane sets and they will start to release more with the MMO, (Russian, late war, ect).

I wouldn't mind the business model, but there are two things about MMOs I can't stand:

-monthly fees: because it drives away customers and I'd rather not be fighting AI

-game controlled servers: because they always suck. They have low bandwidth, crummy missions, and little to no server control.

I also hope they don't try to implement some sort of ridiculous experience tree like World of __(Insert crappy game here)___.
    Agree Naked .... however there is a possible third route they might take. Which is simular or like Rise of Flight. Make individual planes and such avaiable for purchase and the basic game for purchase (I bought RoF but like the free -to-play they have now). The problem with this is their given hisotry of NOT making people happy with their present FM attempts. So .......

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Don't mind the monthly fee I already volunteer a monthly fee.
    Last edited by Doc; Sep-24-2012 at 17:41.